[OT] Plugging a flat tire

eSJayDee

Even if it did work and hold air, you run the almost certain risk of a blow out. It would rip right through the wall.

If it is questionably close to the sidewall and still on the tread a little... You can patch it and use it for a spare. If that is the case, I would not go crazy driving on it and try to get the permanent tire on ASAP.

I plug all the time on the tread portion, never had a plug fail there. I carry plugs, the plug tool/ream awl, and a can of vulcanizing glue in my cars... I have even been known to plug the tire right on the vehicle... Great if it is the front weel, you can turn the wheels. A portable air pump (12 DC) woks great to put air in it.

Again, never had a plug fail.

Just trash the tire with the sidewall damage.

They make great tire swings... Don't forget to put a rain drain hole in it... Avoids West Nile!... :D

Good luck

They make great tire swings... Don't forget to put a rain drain hole in it... Avoids West Nile!... :P

Good luck

8436[/snapback]

Ummmmmm, based on the topic.....doesn't it already have one? :D:lol:

Ummmmmm, based on the topic.....doesn't it already have one?  :D  :lol:

8447[/snapback]

Ahhh... Touche Dan... :lol::P

Yet he did mention that the hole was in the sidewall, way too high for all the water to drain out... Running a couple 5/8" holes through the middle of the tread pattern should throughly drain the buggers.

B)

I plug all the time on the tread portion, never had a plug fail there.  I carry plugs, the plug tool/ream awl, and a can of vulcanizing glue in my cars... I have even been known to plug the tire right on the vehicle... Great if it is the front weel, you can turn the wheels.  A portable air pump (12 DC) woks great to put air in it.

Again, never had a plug fail. :lol:

8436[/snapback]

Do you "look" for nails to drive over??? How many flats do you get??? :lol:

:D - :lol: - :P - :lol:

Do you "look" for nails to drive over???  How many flats do you get??? :lol:

:D   -   :)   -   :P   -   :lol:

8625[/snapback]

I work next to a landfill... It seems I am always picking them up someway there. Usually it can be fixed at work.

One time I was leaving to find out I had a flat on one tire, got out and looked and both front tires were flat.

Maybe somebody hates me??... :(

That can't be because there is only 13 people at the field site... How could I make that many enemies?... :lol:

:lol: