Keys to a Monday Night Victory

billsfan_34

Ok heres what I believe will have to happen in order for us to walk away with a W. A solid running attack where our time of possesion is around 35 minutes. The O line has to fire off and Jackson must rush for at least 125 yards. Trent Edwards cant played scared and needs to take some shots against a weak Pats Secondary, their CB.s dont match up to our Receivers. We have to win the turnover battle, strong special teams play and no communication blunders from the sideline. Our defense has got to get some pressure on Brady, make the pocket small at least so he isnt comfortable stepping into the ball. Pos has got to be able to recognize whats going on and get his D in the right positions. And lets all hope Maybin can come in and contribute. We wont outcoach Bellicheat but if we limit mistakes and play solid we do have a chance. There ya have it. Opinions? Feel free to blast away if I missed something. The season is reay to start woohoo...its like XMAS in September. Semper Fi.

But wouldnt you love to beat a healthy brady?

I've reached the point where I just want to beat them by any means necessary.

If it means Kyle Williams has to piledrive his throwing shoulder 5" into the turf, so be it.

If it means Mitchell has to put the Woodson crown right under his chin and take 15, so be it.

If it means Schoebel has to stomp and grind on his hand while they're getting off the ground, so be it.

I've had enough, it's time we regifted that prick Wilfork food in my fat grill 24/7.

Ok heres what I believe will have to happen in order for us to walk away with a W. A solid running attack where our time of possesion is around 35 minutes. The O line has to fire off and Jackson must rush for at least 125 yards. Trent Edwards cant played scared and needs to take some shots against a weak Pats Secondary, their CB.s dont match up to our Receivers. We have to win the turnover battle, strong special teams play and no communication blunders from the sideline. Our defense has got to get some pressure on Brady, make the pocket small at least so he isnt comfortable stepping into the ball. Pos has got to be able to recognize whats going on and get his D in the right positions. And lets all hope Maybin can come in and contribute. We wont outcoach Bellicheat but if we limit mistakes and play solid we do have a chance. There ya have it. Opinions? Feel free to blast away if I missed something. The season is reay to start woohoo...its like XMAS in September. Semper Fi.

1) 35 minutes of possession by this O-line? I'm not barfing all over you, but I'd be grateful with 30.

2) Jackson can get 125 yards on this defense. It's been done. With a WORSE O-line, for the chicken littles.

3) Edwards not play scared? THAT'S the big issue. Weak Pats* secondary? If Edwards "man's-up", this will be the Pats* Achilles heel. They'll get killed deep, and I think Ballisuck* knows it.

4) Win the turnover battle? Where? In fumbles or interceptions? Big difference. No f-ing way the Bills are going to win the fumble battle. That's what I'D be planning for if I was running backs and/or receiver's coach. The Bills are going to put the ball on the turf. The question is whether our SUPERIOR secondary does more than knock passes down, but actually picks a few off. Time to stop living on reputation, and start bringing a few down in your hands, boys. The linebackers and secondary must intercept more than the offense fumbles.

5) Strong special teams play? Living on reputation based on what I saw this preseason. April needs to sit his boys down in private and have a heart-to-heart. Most particularly if he wants to be the next head coach by Week 6.

6) Pressure on Brady? Let me trot out every goddamn Pats* post I've submitted since 2006. Next item.

7) Poz?

8) Maybin (and this board) needs to concentrate LESS on Maybin getting to Brady and MORE on Maybin's vaunted first step begin so goddamn fast that Kaczur false-starts like he did in the Super Bowl. I'd be f-ing THRILLED with Third-and-Five/Third-and-Seven suddenly slipping to Third-and-Ten/Third-and-Twelve. The entire play set changes.

9) Blast Jauron all you want, but his teams regularly rank near the bottom in the penalty count. His is a very cautious approach resulting in few penalities. I see no change this year.

I'll be wearing the Lynch jersey with a champion bottle of Meerlust 2004 Rubicon by my side. Mead, I expect congratulations on my choice of vintage.

"I Fall to Pieces" - Patsy Cline

1) 35 minutes of possession by this O-line? I'm not barfing all over you, but I'd be grateful with 30.

2) Jackson can get 125 yards on this defense. It's been done. With a WORSE O-line, for the chicken littles.

3) Edwards not play scared? THAT'S the big issue. Weak Pats* secondary? If Edwards "man's-up", this will be the Pats* Achilles heel. They'll get killed deep, and I think Ballisuck* knows it.

4) Win the turnover battle? Where? In fumbles or interceptions? Big difference. No f-ing way the Bills are going to win the fumble battle. That's what I'D be planning for if I was running backs and/or receiver's coach. The Bills are going to put the ball on the turf. The question is whether our SUPERIOR secondary does more than knock passes down, but actually picks a few off. Time to stop living on reputation, and start bringing a few down in your hands, boys. The linebackers and secondary must intercept more than the offense fumbles.

5) Strong special teams play? Living on reputation based on what I saw this preseason. April needs to sit his boys down in private and have a heart-to-heart. Most particularly if he wants to be the next head coach by Week 6.

6) Pressure on Brady? Let me trot out every goddamn Pats* post I've submitted since 2006. Next item.

7) Poz?

8) Maybin (and this board) needs to concentrate LESS on Maybin getting to Brady and MORE on Maybin's vaunted first step begin so goddamn fast that Kaczur false-starts like he did in the Super Bowl. I'd be f-ing THRILLED with Third-and-Five/Third-and-Seven suddenly slipping to Third-and-Ten/Third-and-Twelve. The entire play set changes.

9) Blast Jauron all you want, but his teams regularly rank near the bottom in the penalty count. His is a very cautious approach resulting in few penalities. I see no change this year.

I'll be wearing the Lynch jersey with a champion bottle of Meerlust 2004 Rubicon by my side. Mead, I expect congratulations on my choice of vintage.

"I Fall to Pieces" - Patsy Cline

Well said thanks for your input. And I was thinking the same thing...our secondary needs to snag some balls and take it to the house. D needs to force some 3 and outs too. I am not that worried about ST...remember they were using alot of different people. I dont think roscoe, leodis or mcgee returned anything...I may be wrong though. And few penalties is a huge plus, but it doesnt outweigh that DJ always plays not to lose. Anyways, again a well said reply! And thanks for not barfing on me!!!!

And thanks for not barfing on me!!!!

Oh, don't worry. That will come later.

But I believe BOTH our points are that it's not impossible that the Bills win. Forgive me for putting words in your mouth if that's not the case. My greatest concern, however, is Brady*/Ballisuck's* ability to throw the darts into the soft middle. Dart-after-dart-after-dart. Ten yards. Eight yards. Twelve yards. With no pass rush, and the LBs and safeties playing soft.....urrgggh.

But I believe BOTH our points are that it's not impossible that the Bills win. Forgive me for putting words in your mouth if that's not the case. My greatest concern, however, is Brady*/Ballisuck's* ability to throw the darts into the soft middle. Dart-after-dart-after-dart. Ten yards. Eight yards. Twelve yards. With no pass rush, and the LBs and safeties playing soft.....urrgggh.

My concerns as well.

F@$king soft-assed defense. Get aggressive, DAMMIT!

We need to be smart on defense. Their offense is based on deception. We need to see screens and draws quickly. But most importantly, we need to be physical. They arent a tough offense, and they arent a young offense. Their expectations will be sky high, and bthey can be rattled and frustrated.

On offense, we need to be confident that if we execute we will score, and pumped up enough that we arent in awe of them.

We need to be smart on defense. Their offense is based on deception. We need to see screens and draws quickly. But most importantly, we need to be physical. They arent a tough offense, and they arent a young offense. Their expectations will be sky high, and bthey can be rattled and frustrated.

On offense, we need to be confident that if we execute we will score, and pumped up enough that we arent in awe of them.

e

And I think the P ats D is weak in talent, and will try to mask it with stunts and odd looks. We need to go after them, be physical and take our shots when they are there.

On the upside, I'm going to go into the game as optimistic as I can be. Doom-and-gloom is for losers.

On the "reality side", I'm already picking the music to which I plan to listen, because there's NO F-ING WAY I'm going to listen to the announcers. No WAY! Mute the Big Screen, crank up the tunes, open the Meerlust, grind my teeth.

What a great Monday night lays in store for me.

"Raised on Robbery" - Joni Mitchell

On the upside, I'm going to go into the game as optimistic as I can be. Doom-and-gloom is for losers.

On the "reality side", I'm already picking the music to which I plan to listen, because there's NO F-ING WAY I'm going to listen to the announcers. No WAY! Mute the Big Screen, crank up the tunes, open the Meerlust, grind my teeth.

What a great Monday night lays in store for me.

"Raised on Robbery" - Joni Mitchell

Are you gonna at least listen to hank?

Are you gonna at least listen to hank?

I remember listening to Hank Williams Jr. as he belted out "Monday Night Football" for the first time. Ah, yes. "Are you ready for some football"?

It sucked so badly that I take pride in the fact that I haven't listened to that fat inbred goober mouth another syllable for nearly 20 years. The "Mute" button is a great thing. I don't start listening until the ball is sailing over the 50-yard-line on the opening kickoff. The announcing in this game is going to be a minute-by-minute slobbering ball-wash of the Pats* in general, and Marcia* in particular. The ONLY way I'd pull the Mute button off is if the Bills plant Marcia*, Moss* or Welker*, or - better yet - have an "inadvertent" tackle spill into Ballisucks* knees a la Paterno a couple of years ago.

Yeah. I'd turn the stereo off for that.