Make a play for Seymour

jamadd

Given the Raiders' predicament, perhaps they might listen to offers for Seymour.

Schoebel, Roscoe, 4th rounder

Seymour gets a slightly less bleak situation, and the chance to wreak some havoc on Dr. Evil twice (if he hurries up) this year. I would rather see the Bills invest in LT deal with a proven pro bowler, albeit on the wrong side of 30, than the $$ that must be thrown at unproven rookies.

Given the Raiders' predicament, perhaps they might listen to offers for Seymour.

Seymour gets a slightly less bleak situation, and the chance to wreak some havoc on Dr. Evil twice (if he hurries up) this year. I would rather see the Bills invest in LT deal with a proven pro bowler, albeit on the wrong side of 30, than the $$ that must be thrown at unproven rookies.

you think Schoebel, Roscoe and a 4th is equal to the Raiders 1st round pick in 2011? are you freakin kidding me

Richard Seymour- 6'6 310Lbs

Marcus Stroud- 6'6 310lbs

listed weights from the NFL

someone tell me again how seymour is "too small"?!? Considering he played in a system where they regularly shuffled him inside in 4-3 looks, on a team where he started out as a 4-3 dt, and according to NFL.com is the exact same size as Stroud... Now I'm not saying the Bills would trade for Seymour, obviously we probably won't. Although it sure as hell would be fantastic. I'm just trying to figure out why people keep saying he's too small to play dt in a 4-3. He would be the best thing thats happened to our defense since we had pat williams and ted washington.

really a 2nd in 2010 is equivalent to a 1st in 2011

Hell they could have Schoebel, Kelsey, and Denny....and Roscoe. The cream of our second round draft picks for the past 7 years.

The point is, any of those DEs would be valuable to Oakland, and Roscoe would give them the punt returner they haven't had since Tim Brown.

As for his willingness to play for the Bills...3 words: Long Term Deal

He'd play here and he would love to stick it to grey hoodie. Besides, he knows all their plays/signals. Mauron wouldn't even need to videotape the Pats' sideline.

If anybody really thinks Marcus Stroud weighs 310 lbs because nfl.com has him listed at that weight needs to wake the hell up. He is honestly between 340 and 350 he only looks 310ish because he is 6'6. Would I love to have an "undersized" 6'6 310 lb athletic DT Richard Seymore playing right next to him? You're damn right.

Hell they could have Schoebel, Kelsey, and Denny....and Roscoe. The cream of our second round draft picks for the past 7 years.

The point is, any of those DEs would be valuable to Oakland, and Roscoe would give them the punt returner they haven't had since Tim Brown.

As for his willingness to play for the Bills...3 words: Long Term Deal

He'd play here and he would love to stick it to grey hoodie. Besides, he knows all their plays/signals. Mauron wouldn't even need to videotape the Pats' sideline.

You said 'stick it in the grey hood'.

if he doesnt go then the trade w/ne is probbly cancelled

what does that have to do with the OP thinking Schobel, Roscoe and a 4th round pick equal the Raiders first rounder in 2011 which will most likely be a top 5 pick?

what does that have to do with the OP thinking Schobel, Roscoe and a 4th round pick equal the Raiders first rounder in 2011 which will most likely be a top 5 pick?

well...i guess nothing....but i was just thinking about the reality of such a trade....and there would be no reality unless the NE/OAK trade is called off.

Of course Schobel,Roscoe and a 4th do not equal atop 5 let alone a top 10 pick.--Those 3 together = a second rounder--with most of the value being in the 4th and in Roscoe

As I understand it, the trade is done. It's the Raiders that will "suspend" him without pay at this point. That seems to be what ESPN thinks anyway.

hmmmm...ok...sounds strange that there are no clauses in such a trade.....-call me cynical

I think it would be more like "get sh** rubbed in his face twice a season, and laughed at by his former teammates for the rest of his career". Not much satisfaction in getting beat up by his old team.

He wouldn't want to play in Buffalo any more than in Oakland

Richard Seymour- 6'6 310Lbs

Marcus Stroud- 6'6 310lbs

listed weights from the NFL

someone tell me again how seymour is "too small"?!? Considering he played in a system where they regularly shuffled him inside in 4-3 looks, on a team where he started out as a 4-3 dt, and according to NFL.com is the exact same size as Stroud... Now I'm not saying the Bills would trade for Seymour, obviously we probably won't. Although it sure as hell would be fantastic. I'm just trying to figure out why people keep saying he's too small to play dt in a 4-3. He would be the best thing thats happened to our defense since we had pat williams and ted washington.

He's not too small to play Stroud's position. Unfortunately, we already have a guy in Stroud's position. His name is Stroud. We need a #1 tackle, and #1s should be really really big and strong, Ngata or Raji type guys.

4 - 3 defenses generally have one guy who plays the #1 and one guy who plays the #3. The #3 is a smaller, penetrating guy who plays on the outside shoulder of the guard. The #1 is a big strong guy who needs to be double-teamed and plays on either shoulder of the center. In the Tampa scheme, both guys need to be penetrators, and it's extremely hard to find guys big enough to eat double-teams at the #1 who are still quick enough to penetrate. Ngata is one. Raji is another. Pat Williams is yet another. But there just aren't a lot of those guys around, and they usually get snatched before they get much past #5 in the draft.

If anybody really thinks Marcus Stroud weighs 310 lbs because nfl.com has him listed at that weight needs to wake the hell up. He is honestly between 340 and 350 he only looks 310ish because he is 6'6. Would I love to have an "undersized" 6'6 310 lb athletic DT Richard Seymore playing right next to him? You're damn right.

Are you kidding? Not every interior guy is much bigger than listed. Stroud is nowhere near 340. He might be 315 on a given day, but he was dwarfed by Walker and Peters.

I think it would be more like "get sh** rubbed in his face twice a season, and laughed at by his former teammates for the rest of his career". Not much satisfaction in getting beat up by his old team.

He wouldn't want to play in Buffalo any more than in Oakland

Spoken like a true fan- No chance the glass would be half full and make a younger team better. If you want to blast the Bills before thier first game, who are you really pulling for on Monday Nite? :doh:

You people are playing with fire here. 1st if you propose a trade that doesn't happen you have players and fans that are pissed. A pissedoff player will under perform. 2nd when Buffalo's pass rush needs to rise up in theform of more sacks why would you trade off the top DE sack expert? Kelsay, Denney, or Parrish and a pick I can see, but Schobel no way. :doh::doh::wallbash:

whats with the infatuation on getting rid of roscoe. he is one of the most exciting returners!!!!!! he wants to be traded but when t.o. leaves, if he leaves, we will need him. since we hold his contract lets use him for his ability and see what happens next year.

Spoken like a true fan- No chance the glass would be half full and make a younger team better. If you want to blast the Bills before thier first game, who are you really pulling for on Monday Nite? :doh:

"Go Bills! You guys can do no wrong, I would never criticize you guys! You can lose forever, but I won't care. I know the players take pride in playing for Buffalo, it really shows. They do it for us fans. It bring tears to my eyes when they play "Shout" for the millionth time (please never change it). Yea Bills"

I love Bills football, am not a fair weather fan, my comment is based on the prior history of the Bills/Pats games during Seymour's career. Maybe if they can handle Miami and the Jets, then I will start to think they have a chance against the Pats. That hasn't happened. Most seasons I am optimistic, at least expecting progress. Instead, this year they are just a mess.

Spoken like a true fan- No chance the glass would be half full and make a younger team better. If you want to blast the Bills before thier first game, who are you really pulling for on Monday Nite? :flirt:

Hows that a blast on the Bills, his main reason for not reporting are he didn't want to uproot his family. Any where but Boston would require that. Being that Oakland isn't rated very highly as a destination was probably part of it as well, and Buffalo is rated about the same as Oakland, even though they have nicer whether.

Your delusional if you think players would pick Buffalo over New England however. No matter how well the season starts, we are tied with Detroit for success in the 90's. Not exactly big ring of endorsement for free agents or all pros being traded for a perennial division favorite, and recent Superbowl participant with a few rings.