Langston Walker....this is what Ralph SHOULD do

Underdog

So let me get this straight.

Langston Walker was supposed to be the best man for the most difficult position on the O-line until recently.

Now he's not even good enough to provide OL depth on a team with very little OL depth?!

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I think Walker was anything more than an average RT who struggles too much at LT.

It's not that I don't like this Bell kid who might turn into a solid starter. (maybe)

And it's not that I don't understand that football's a business first and Walker's bloated contract was an issue.

Business is business but come on now.

If Ralph really wants to build his fortune no matter how many people he causes to suffer....

then why not sell the team and buy a major Nike or Reebok etc. factory in Asia where he can make his fortune much bigger by having 12 year old kids making $.10 an hour working for him. (Standard practise in Asia.)

In other words, there are plenty of legal ways that a rich as#%oles can build their fortunes that don't involve torturing football fans.

Langston Walker was supposed to be the best man for the most difficult position on the O-line until recently.

Now he's not even good enough to provide OL depth on a team with very little OL depth?!

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I think Walker was anything more than an average RT who struggles too much at LT.

It's not that I don't like this Bell kid who might turn into a solid starter. (maybe)

And it's not that I don't understand that football's a business first and Walker's bloated contract was an issue.

If Ralph really wants to build his fortune no matter how many people he causes to suffer....

then why not sell the team and buy a major Nike or Reebok etc. factory in Asia where he can make his fortune much bigger by having 12 year old kids making $.10 an hour working for him. (Standard practise in Asia.)

In other words, there are plenty of legal ways that a rich as#%oles can build their fortunes that don't involve torturing football fans.

So . . . come again?

Ralph ought to tell his OL coach to tell the OL players to keep their feet straight ahead when they take a stance, and not plant them in a left or right bias, which is a tip-off as to which direction the play is going at the snap...

Here's the real question - if you're taking a shot at the playoff as the T.O. signing suggests why just blowup the Oline - if you are rebuilding why did you rent T.O. for a year and why didn't you cut Schobel, Kelsay, and Denney- The Bills always seem incoherent to me because I think in terms of building a playoff team but they make perfect sense if there goal is to sell as many season tickets as possible at the smallest outlay of cash.

Interestingly enough, Sirius Radio has commented all day that the issue with the Bills is not players or coaches, but in organizational planning. Maybe some of you heard it as I did driving to and from meetings today. The concensus opinion, especially from Rich Gannon late this morning was that the late moves really demonstrate a lack of direction and poor long-term planning for the season.

While many here believe this reeks of RW's fingerprints, I believe it is an indictment of Russ Brandon who, like it or not, has control over the football department. Let's lay the blame where it really belongs and let the buck stop on Brandon's desk.

Interestingly enough, Sirius Radio has commented all day that the issue with the Bills is not players or coaches, but in organizational planning. Maybe some of you heard it as I did driving to and from meetings today. The concensus opinion, especially from Rich Gannon late this morning was that the late moves really demonstrate a lack of direction and poor long-term planning for the season.

While many here believe this reeks of RW's fingerprints, I believe it is an indictment of Russ Brandon who, like it or not, has control over the football department. Let's lay the blame where it really belongs and let the buck stop on Brandon's desk.

Brandon is fairly new at all this. So he will make his mistakes. But i think the guy wants to win, and I think he is willing to take some chances when he sees things are not going in the right direction. I want to give him a chance. He is smart. I know this doesn't always translate into being a good gm, but I hope he gets a chance to put his own stamp on this team.Right now, he's still cleaning up the messes left by the previous gms.

No one is torturing anybody. Last time I checked, no one is making you be a Bills fan, a fan of a team that Ralph bought and brought to Buffalo, and kept there longer then he ever had to. If you think you are being tortured by him, no one is forcing you to stay, you can leave whenever you want.

Or is it a case of RB and/or DJ wanted to get rid of Turk at the end of last season, but RW wouldn't eat the contract. Finally he had enough and said OK to dumping him. I agree with other poster, give RB a chance. In todays NFL being business smart is more important. You can get people with the football and scouting experience.

These moves have little to do with football smarts anyway. Maybe RB is finally being allowed to make the changes he wants. Maybe DJ will be next followed by John Guy

No one is torturing anybody. Last time I checked, no one is making you be a Bills fan, a fan of a team that Ralph bought and brought to Buffalo, and kept there longer then he ever had to. If you think you are being tortured by him, no one is forcing you to stay, you can leave whenever you want.

When I use the word torture it is an exageration to help make a point.

If you can't handle the disgust of the average working man towards a rich dishonest old fool that constantly lies to us about making a serious effort to win (then gets the best coaching staff pennies can buy etc etc.)

then maybe you're the one who can leave whenever you want.

I've been a Bills fan for 24 years now and I can read between the lines.

I know what Ralph is all about.

Tim Graham has a note about DJ admitting the Bills overvalued Walker twice this off-season.

Graham: DJ admits Walker overvalued

He must have regressed an awful lot from April to August to get cut, or they wanted more time for Bell. Either way, their solution to trading Peters was insufficient. One has to wonder who is making the decisions at OBD. I'm sure DJ wouldn't mind having Peters right now.