Brady, Belichick should brace for blitzes

Our only hope is Chris Ellis. I suspect teams will begin to double Maybin when he's in on crucial passing downs and take him out of the game. Maybin won't be a factor unless someone else can win a one on one battle, and we know Kelsay, Denney and Schobel certainly aren't going to get any kind of a pass rush on the other side. Why we cut Bryan is beyond me. Our only hope is that Ellis can be that 2nd pass rusher in crucial moments.

Blitz him on every down. No one is expecting the Bills to beat the Patriots, but if they can get to Brady and knock him around, it's a better strategy that sitting back and taking what's shoved down their throats.

NE* runs most plays out of a shotgun. Send the DTs straight ahead at the snap - you push the pocket back, and can catch a rb. I don't watch a lot of NE* games, but I don't recall them pulling their guards much - correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd send the LDE in - they don't seem to run to the right much, and charge the MLB with watching that middle pass Brady loves so much.

Our only hope is Chris Ellis. I suspect teams will begin to double Maybin when he's in on crucial passing downs and take him out of the game. Maybin won't be a factor unless someone else can win a one on one battle, and we know Kelsay, Denney and Schobel certainly aren't going to get any kind of a pass rush on the other side. Why we cut Bryan is beyond me. Our only hope is that Ellis can be that 2nd pass rusher in crucial moments.

I hope NE thinks as silly as you do. Because it's not like Schobel has the most sacks against Brady or anything? :censored: I pray that AS gets one on one and shuts up a lot of his undeserved critics.

I hope NE thinks as silly as you do. Because it's not like Schobel has the most sacks against Brady or anything? :censored: I pray that AS gets one on one and shuts up a lot of his undeserved critics.

Yeah, Schobel has really been up to par rushing the passer the last 3 years. My bad.

Yeah, because the Pats* have never burned a blitzing Buffalo defense with screen passes before. :wallbash:

Seriously, do any of you even watch football?

I'm trying my best to be optmistic but you're so right, unless we have a front four that can provide pressure on its own, beating Brady is hard to picture.

Belechick and Brady against the DJ blitz ? :cry:

Yeah, because the Pats* have never burned a blitzing Buffalo defense with screen passes before. :wallbash:

I have visions/nighmares of Welker burning us on short slants if this happens. LB's left in the dust and cbs running him down 25yds downfield

Why do you assume Schobel is a non-factor? If he is healthy he is an effective pass rusher.

So let me get this straight, if defenses are doubling and muting Maybin instead of Schobel, it's Chris Ellis that will benefit most?

No, I'm saying if they double Maybin we are screwed because we don't have a pass rusher on the other side that can get to the QB consistently (Kelsay, Denney, Schobel). I said our only hope is for Chris Ellis to perform and hope he can turn into that player we need. Maybin won't help the pass rush much if teams decide to double him.

1. There was a link which Florio wrote

2. Yes, we should blitz. I'm pretty sure we are taught how to stop screen passes

Do you think before you type? I don't think so...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...ce-for-blitzes/

The best thing Belichick can do for Brady is keep his body and its contents assembled as intended.

It will be a challenge, but we've got a feeling that Belichick and Brady welcome it.

The process begins Monday night, against the Bills.

:w00t::w00t::doh::lol:Blitz? Perry Fewell doesn't blitz! Oh wait, sometimes he will send someone on a funky "zone blitz". I love those. We get the monumental pleasure of watching a Patriot running back take the short pass from Brady, who barely gets bothered by the safety or LB blitzing up the middle right into a pile of humanity, while Schoebel or Kelsay are left looking beyond stupid as they sprint behind the back to make the tackle 24 yards downfield. Yeah, those blitzes are really effective. The best the Bills can hope for is not to get called for roughing the QB, tacking another 15 yards onto the 24 yard gain, as the safety or LB finally break through the humanity, totally out of control, and possibly attempt to slam Brady to the ground out of sheer frustration!

Dude, why on earth do the think the Bills defense cannot stop a single 3rd down play - like, ever! Fewell hates blitzing. :thumbdown::censored:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...ce-for-blitzes/

The best thing Belichick can do for Brady is keep his body and its contents assembled as intended.

It will be a challenge, but we've got a feeling that Belichick and Brady welcome it.

The process begins Monday night, against the Bills.

Let's see if we've got a blitz.

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!

NE* runs most plays out of a shotgun. Send the DTs straight ahead at the snap - you push the pocket back, and can catch a rb. I don't watch a lot of NE* games, but I don't recall them pulling their guards much - correct me if I'm wrong.

The Pats have one of the most active and nimble OL in the game. They are forever pulling their interior 3 - Neal, Mankins and Koppen - which is probably why they are perhaps the best screen and misdirection team in the league.