Top 5 Sporting Events To Attend

Lt. Dan's Revenge

There are hundreds of different sporting events avaliable to watch on the tube on any given week, but for most people, there really isn't anything like actually seeing the event live. Everyone probably has some events that they personally would love to attend live if given the opportunity for a variety of different reasons. Here are mine:

5. Final Four - The culmination of the NCAA Tournament is almost always an intense, exciting event at whatever city it visits that particular year. The kids play their hearts out, and oftentimes the games come down to the final couple of minutes after a 30+ game season. Memphis and Kansas got that memo two years ago, UNC decided to ignore it and blow out the Spartans this past season. Either way, the weekend of the long weekend of the Final Four is always quite a spectacle.

4. Title Fight in Las Vegas - This is one of the ones that is near the top of my bucket list. It's a shame that boxing has been on a bit of a downward trend in recent years, particularly in the heavyweight division, but there is still nothing like a big time title fight live in Vegas on a Saturday night. Always seems like an electric crowd to be amongst. Mayweather vs Marquez at the MGM Grand in a little over a week is going to be a hell of a fight, IMO.

3. Red River Rivalry Game - OU vs Texas in nuetral territory definetely makes up my favorite college football rivalry. Usually it has both Big 12 and National Title implications on the line for both schools early in the season, and the teams play like they know this damn well. You can almost feel the intensity through the TV watching it. Can only imagine what it's like in the stands.

2. Red Sox vs Yankees at Fenway Park - This has a lot to do with me being a life-long Boston fan, obviously. I have been to Fenway numerous times for games, but never for one against the Evil Empire. Plan on doing so within the next couple years, which is good because the rivalry seems to be heating up once again after a bit of a lapse between '05-'08, IMO. The '03 and '04 games in both the regular season and post season were a treat to watch.

1. The Masters - Something about the green grass, tradition, history, and importance of the yearly tournament at Augusta has always appealed to me. Having a golfer of Woods' cailber in the sport makes it all the more compelling. Can't think of how to better spend a Spring weekend than following Tiger for the final two rounds of the tournament in Augusta.

1. The Masters - Something about the green grass, tradition, history, and importance of the yearly tournament at Augusta has always appealed to me. Having a golfer of Woods' cailber in the sport makes it all the more compelling. Can't think of how to better spend a Spring weekend than following Tiger for the final two rounds of the tournament in Augusta.

I resent the fact that the Golf Channel takes up one of my cable channel spots.

4. Title Fight in Las Vegas - This is one of the ones that is near the top of my bucket list. It's a shame that boxing has been on a bit of a downward trend in recent years, particularly in the heavyweight division, but there is still nothing like a big time title fight live in Vegas on a Saturday night. Always seems like an electric crowd to be amongst. Mayweather vs Marquez at the MGM Grand in a little over a week is going to be a hell of a fight, IMO.

I'm going to be in Vegas in November on the weekend of the Pacquiao/Cotto fight, and I really wanted to go until I saw the ticket prices.

Nosebleed tickets are $200, and tickets close enough to have a decent view start at $600-$3000.

Its a shame, because like you, I think a seeing a big fight in Vegas would be an awesome experience.

1) Not quite a sporting event, but to be in Buffalo the night a championship was won in either sport, and then be present at the parade. I honestly can picture 80% of men older than 30 crying when the game ends and Buffalo has won a championship.

2) Olympic Swim Finals and USA water Polo Games--sam and played polo thru college, would love to see the best in the world all in the same pool.

3) Augusta-not much more to add there

4) Stanley Cup Final Game in Buffalo--too young and parents to poor firsst go around, work not allow for it in 99

5) World Cup final in Europe somewhere

I'd want to go to Fenway Park and Wrigley field. Unfortunately, looking at the prices, I just don't think I'll be going out to Fenway any time soon, especially when the Yankees are in town.

I want to see LeBron play in a playoff game in Cleveland.

I'm a lifelong Mets fan, but have spent my years seeing them play in other parks due to location. I need to make it to NYC for a game. Too bad Shea is gone.

A home Sabres stanley cup game would be ideal. But that would require them to make it back that far. I'm not optimistic.

Make it to a Notre Dame game in South Bend. So much tradition.

There are hundreds of different sporting events avaliable to watch on the tube on any given week, but for most people, there really isn't anything like actually seeing the event live. Everyone probably has some events that they personally would love to attend live if given the opportunity for a variety of different reasons. Here are mine:

5. Final Four - The culmination of the NCAA Tournament is almost always an intense, exciting event at whatever city it visits that particular year. The kids play their hearts out, and oftentimes the games come down to the final couple of minutes after a 30+ game season. Memphis and Kansas got that memo two years ago, UNC decided to ignore it and blow out the Spartans this past season. Either way, the weekend of the long weekend of the Final Four is always quite a spectacle.

3. Red River Rivalry Game - OU vs Texas in nuetral territory definetely makes up my favorite college football rivalry. Usually it has both Big 12 and National Title implications on the line for both schools early in the season, and the teams play like they know this damn well. You can almost feel the intensity through the TV watching it. Can only imagine what it's like in the stands.

2. Red Sox vs Yankees at Fenway Park - This has a lot to do with me being a life-long Boston fan, obviously. I have been to Fenway numerous times for games, but never for one against the Evil Empire. Plan on doing so within the next couple years, which is good because the rivalry seems to be heating up once again after a bit of a lapse between '05-'08, IMO. The '03 and '04 games in both the regular season and post season were a treat to watch.

I was a young-in back in the early 90's, so I would say that a Bills Superbowl would definitely top the list for me. I've been to a PGA Championship but I think that Augusta would be absolutely awesome.

I'd also say a championship game for the Buffalo Blizzard would be great as well... :censored:

5. Happy Valley....PSU vs. Michigan

4. US Open....Federer vs. Nadal

3. South Bend....USC vs Notre Dame

2. Williamsport, PA....Little League World Series

1. Orchard Park, NY....Buffalo Bills vs Miami...wait for it.....in DECEMBER

BONUS: I wouldn't mind seeing the College Football National Champions play an exhibtion game against a pro team.....it'd be interesting to say the least

In no particular order :

-Game 7 of a Stanley Cup Finals (at home)

-Formula 1 weekend in one of the countries that just goes bananas for it (Brazil, England, etc.)

-World Cup game in the quarters/semis (while anticipation is still building for the tournament)

-Home game at Notre Dame (have done this one, alas not during the Holtz years). This actually applies to any big campus on game day. There is a feeling that you just don't get at a pro game.

-World championship fight (good call by DR); of course, we'd need to roll the clock back to the 1980s.

1) Not quite a sporting event, but to be in Buffalo the night a championship was won in either sport, and then be present at the parade. I honestly can picture 80% of men older than 30 crying when the game ends and Buffalo has won a championship.

2) Olympic Swim Finals and USA water Polo Games--sam and played polo thru college, would love to see the best in the world all in the same pool.

3) Augusta-not much more to add there

4) Stanley Cup Final Game in Buffalo--too young and parents to poor firsst go around, work not allow for it in 99

5) World Cup final in Europe somewhere

I hear you about number 1 on your list.......agree most heartily. The parade in Buffalo after the Bills

win the Super Bowl will be the greatest celebration of all time.

My only change is attending the Ryder Cup in th USA instead of the Olympic swimming

I hear you about number 1 on your list.......agree most heartily. The parade in Buffalo after the Bills

win the Super Bowl will be the greatest celebration of all time.

My only change is attending the Ryder Cup in th USA instead of the Olympic swimming

Ooooo, I might have to whack the MLB All-Star game and include the Ryder Cup as well! Although, I would love to see if overseas, just so I could get some site-seeing and pint drinking out of the way while I'm there.

1.Bills home games complete with tailgate

2.Sharks home games

3.Sabres home games at the old Aud. Have not been to the new place so don't know what it's like

4. Don't care for baseball too much any more but love going to Giant home games on a nice Saturday afternoon. Enjoying the sun and a few beers.

I've been to a US Open (Congressional), PGA (Oak Hill) and Ryder Cup (Brookline). I have to say, I enjoyed the Ryder Cup the most. Still waiting on a chance to get to Augusta.

I've been to South Bend about 5 times. I'd love to get to the Big House for a ND-Mich game.

Others left to do are Kentucky Derby and Indy 500.

5. Triple Crown. A lot of people say the Kentucky Derby is an event they all want to see. Why not see all three races? You may get to see a Triple Crown winner.

4. Army-Navy Game. While it may not be the most exciting football game to watch, the tradition and the passion of these two acadamies is unsurpassed. Just watching the two teams gather for their respective alma maters at the end of the game always brings a tear to my eye.

3. Michigan-Notre Dame. Although I am a big Michigan fan, I have never been to a Michigan game. Of all the teams they play, including Ohio State & Penn State, this is the game I would love to see.

2. Buffalo Bills home game. I am born, raised and still living in California. I've seen the Bills numerous times on the road, but never at the Ralph.

1. Super Bowl. I don't really need to explain this one. Extra special if the Bills are in it.

Highly overrated. I've been to several yanks-sox games, at both places, for both regular season and ALCS. It's worse than your typical game, because the a-holes from both sides are out in full force. It's impossible to enjoy the game, because some idiot near you is being a drunken fool and the guys three rows up are coming to blows in the 3rd inning. If you're an opposing fan, good luck not getting stuff thrown at you; if it's your park, you're embarrassed to be associated with the people around you. The one exception was '03 ALCS game 6 at yankee stadium- there was a large police presence because tensions were so high, and people were acting calmly and enjoying the game. That was an enjoyable experience.