Bill Maher hit with Palimony suit

OnTheRocks

I don't wish ill will to anyone. Not even Bill Maher who although he might make me laugh "sometimes"...he really annoys me.

however.....this woman looks like he.....errrr...she would be able to handle herself just fine. She looks like a cross between Sarena Williams and Wesley Snipes.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1111041coco1.html

I don't wish ill will to anyone.  Not even Bill Maher who although he might make me laugh "sometimes"...he really annoys me.

however.....this woman looks like he.....errrr...she would be able to handle herself just fine.  She looks like a cross between Sarena Williams and Wesley Snipes.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1111041coco1.html

113735[/snapback]

I like Bill Maher a lot as a comedian, even when I don't agree with him. And I think he is a pretty smart guy, and good at his job. I have, however, been at a couple parties with him (He's a good friend of a friend) in Hollyweird and he is an A-1 bona fide ass-hole, especially concerning, and to, women. he made me sick. I really detest him for that, and I'm surprised this hasn't happened earlier.

I like Bill Maher a lot as a comedian, even when I don't agree with him. And I think he is a pretty smart guy, and good at his job. I have, however, been at a couple parties with him (He's a good friend of a friend) in Hollyweird and he is an A-1 bona fide ass-hole, especially concerning, and to, women. he made me sick. I really detest him for that, and I'm surprised this hasn't happened earlier.

113750[/snapback]

Wait a minute. You have first hand knowledge that this guy is A-1 bonafide a-hole towards woman to the point of making you sick. You say you detest him however you like him a lot as a comedian. :D Holy smokes, if I felt that way about anyone there is no way they could ever make me laugh. Actually I would not give them a second of an opportunity to make me laugh.

Wait a minute.  You have first hand knowledge that this guy is A-1 bonafide a-hole towards woman to the point of making you sick.  You say you detest him however you like him a lot as a comedian.   :D   Holy smokes, if I felt that way about anyone there is no way they could ever make me laugh.  Actually I would not give them a second of an opportunity to make me laugh.

113763[/snapback]

I am not looking at him as a person, I am looking at him as a comedian. If you asked me if I liked Bill Maher, I would say I hate the guy because he's a jerk but I think he's funny. Hey, I met Jim Kelly very briefly a couple times and he was an !@#$, too, in my opinion. And a lot of other people's opinion. But he was my favorite player ever on the Bills. Man, if you had to like everyone in Hollywood or everyone in sports or everyone in politics based on their personalities out of the spotlight, there would be very slim pickens I'm afraid. There are a lot of egomaniacs out there.

I also have a thing about how guys treat women. I have some very good friends, who have been friends my entire life, who don't treat women very well. I hate that part of their personalities. But they are also great guys in most every other way, would do anything for me or anyone, fun, smart, great to talk to, etc. Some guys are just ass-holes to women and I don't like it.

I am not looking at him as a person, I am looking at him as a comedian. If you asked me if I liked Bill Maher, I would say I hate the guy because he's a jerk but I think he's funny. Hey, I met Jim Kelly very briefly a couple times and he was an !@#$, too, in my opinion. And a lot of other people's opinion. But he was my favorite player ever on the Bills. Man, if you had to like everyone in Hollywood or everyone in sports or everyone in politics based on their personalities out of the spotlight, there would be very slim pickens I'm afraid. There are a lot of egomaniacs out there.

113766[/snapback]

I know that, and that is why I rarely go to the movies and have been turned off of sports for quite some time now. Yes, even the Bills. That is why you don't see me over at TSW too often. If I felt the same way you did about any comedian, there is no way they could get me to laugh. But that's just me.

113766[/snapback]

Sort of off topic but close enough:

Rich Little. I was just in the 9th or 10th grade. I thought he was the greatest. I met him, and I hated him. He was a total turd.

About 3 years later I had an opportunity to meet one of my all time favorites - Bob Hope. My mom convinced me to pass on the opportunity because i didn't want to find out he was a jerk. In hind sight....i kick myself everytime i think about it because it would have just been really neat to meet the guy.

I know that, and that is why I rarely go to the movies and have been turned off of sports for quite some time now.  Yes, even the Bills.  That is why you don't see me over at TSW too often.  If I felt the same way you did about any comedian, there is no way they could get me to laugh.  But that's just me.

113771[/snapback]

If it makes you feel better, I don't like Jim Carrey's movies at all (with a couple exceptions) but I met him (with Rene Zellwegger) at a Meat Puppets concert backstage a few years ago and he seemed like a great guy, at least for the hour or so we were in the same room. So we're even. :D

Sort of off topic but close enough:

Rich Little.  I was just in the 9th or 10th grade.  I thought he was the greatest.  I met him, and I hated him.  He was a total turd. 

About 3 years later I had an opportunity to meet one of my all time favorites - Bob Hope.  My mom convinced me to pass on the opportunity because i didn't want to find out he was a jerk.   In hind sight....i kick myself everytime i think about it because it would have just been really neat to meet the guy.

113774[/snapback]

I find myself doing this, and I don't like it, but it's not really fair to take a 5 or 10 or 30 or 60 minute random meeting with a famous person and decide if they are an a-hole or not. Sometimes it's obvious. But most times, maybe the guy or girl just had a bad day, maybe they are uncomfortable out in public, maybe they are normally fun and fantastic but this day they had a fight with their wife or lost a job or something. Not to mention that there are a lot of famous people who are completely charming out in public and with strangers and then as soon as you look the other way they turn into their true a-hole selves.

Bill Maher, however, was an arrogant ass-hole (when it came to women) and I have heard that from quite a few folks.

If it makes you feel better, I don't like Jim Carrey's movies at all (with a couple exceptions) but I met him (with Rene Zellwegger) at a Meat Puppets concert backstage a few years ago and he seemed like a great guy, at least for the hour or so we were in the same room. So we're even.  :D

113775[/snapback]

I've seen interviews with Jim Carrey and it does seem as though he's a great guy. Even though his stuff is rather sophmoric he seems like someone I would like to have a beer with. Maher on the other hand, I'd probably dump the beer on him. Or better yet, let him hit on my wife and have her throw her drink in his face while I watched from the end of the bar. Now that's my kind of voyeurism. With my wife anyway. :lol:

I always assumed Maher was gay.

I never met Maher but I could tell stories about several stars including BonJovi and Billy Joel ... but I won't.  :lol:

113845[/snapback]

When I used to work at some of the top restaurants in LA I was "fortunate" enough to cook for many celebs. In hindsite I wish I had taken notes on what they ate and how the presented themselves. It would have made a good book. One in particular.....Elizabeth Taylor in 1983..... :D

113750[/snapback]

I understand your feelings Kelly. I have tickets to see Bill Maher for next Thursday. I think he is a very sharp guy, and pretty damn funny usually. I will take your word that he is an a**hole, but the smoking gun thing sounds kind of fishy to me. I too have friends in Hollywood who are very successful in the film world, and they are prime targets for these type of lawsuits.

As an aside, I have the same problem every time I hear about what a great "man" Jim Brown is, as opposed to being a great football player. It seems that the sports medis fawns all over this guy like he is the MLK of black athletes in America. The truth is, the guy is a mysoginistic prick, with a violent temper, who has never been man enough to admitt his deficiencies. When he was arrested for beating his wife a few years back (1999 I think) he tried to make it into a victimization issue, and did jail time, on principal, rather than fess up to his actions. He has used the sports media to rehabilitate his image, and now presents himself as some fatherly guide for wayward black athletes. The one time I agreed with Charles Barkley was when he came out and said "who is Jim Brown to be lecturing anyone about morality?" He was absolutely right.

The one time I agreed with Charles Barkley was when he came out and said "who is Jim Brown to be lecturing anyone about morality?"  He was absolutely right.

113936[/snapback]

Barkley is great. Never saw him as a guy who was different for the sake of attention - I just think he tells it like it is.