So why would you want this trend to go on?

blzrul

Story

As the story says, the ranks of the poor an uninsured have swelled over the past three years.

I guess most people on this board don't care until it happens to them.

Four years of the current economic policy have definitely had some results at least.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Story

As the story says, the ranks of the poor an uninsured have swelled over the past three years.

Four years of the current economic policy have definitely had some results at least.

8345[/snapback]

Well no matter what there will ALWAYS be poor. My guess is that people think if you raise taxes on the "rich" that somehow the poor will all of a sudden will be better off. I've known too many people that are "poor" and bit@h about it but don't do anything and blame everyone but themselves.

There are MANY people that really need help but just as many that want to blame others.

Our family’s tax rebates went directly to help others the more we get the more we help. I think this is better than letting the gov. get the money have it run through about 1,000 layers of bureaucracies to get to the people that need it. Raise taxes and we have less to give.

If you really think that Kerry cares more about the poor then that is wrong IMO. If it was true would you think he would donate more, just look at his past tax returns and it shows you how much he cares.

If you really think that Kerry cares more about the poor then that is wrong IMO.  If it was true would you think he would donate more, just look at his past tax returns and it shows you how much he cares.

8363[/snapback]

Al Gore was a big giver too. Democrats are great. They want Republicans to help them.[/sarcasm]

It's nice to see how much you care about the plight of your fellow Americans. I didn't say Kerry had the answer but it's obvious Bush does not.

So I still don't see anyone justifying four more years of an economic policy that continues to plunge more Americans into financial distress.

If you actually look at the report on the Census Dept site you'll see that many of the areas were flat with the exception of CHILDREN. The numbers of children living in poverty and without health care have been what's increased the most.

But, ho hum. Just trot out your narrow, trite and nasty reponses. Damn kids, that's why abortion is legal I guess. Put 'em out of their misery. Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses?

Why BLZRUL, do you waset you time with idiots?? The same old garbage is spewed over and over again by these radicals that try to defend the indefensible. And... The same bad news, failures, lies, spin and deceipt continues. God, is this the worst administration in history or what? Too bad the empty heads on this board can't see the hand in front of their face.

It's nice to see how much you care about the plight of your fellow Americans.  I didn't say Kerry had the answer but it's obvious Bush does not.

So I still don't see anyone justifying four more years of an economic policy that continues to plunge more Americans into financial distress.

If you actually look at the report on the Census Dept site you'll see that many of the areas were flat with the exception of CHILDREN.  The numbers of children living in poverty and without health care have been what's increased the most.

But, ho hum.  Just trot out your narrow, trite and nasty reponses.  Damn kids, that's why abortion is legal I guess.  Put 'em out of their misery.  Are there no prisons?  Are there no workhouses?

8412[/snapback]

Why BLZRUL, do you waset you time with idiots?? The same old garbage is spewed over and over again by these radicals that try to defend the indefensible. And... The same bad news, failures, lies, spin and deceipt continues. God, is this the worst administration in history or what? Too bad the empty heads on this board can't see the hand in front of their face.

8426[/snapback]

You shouldn't be so hard on the liberals on this board.

I am talking about closet RW radicals like you.

You have become a major disapointment. You have lost my vote for sure.

8434[/snapback]

Yup, just another one of those wacky radicals. Question: do you need medication to see the world in the warped way that you do, or is it natural?

Let's understand 1 thing...The government does not make 1 single penny...Everything they earn is dirived from taxes....That means from me and you....Every dime the government spends is from us. I have no problem with unemployemnt insurance.....but what a do have a problem is with people who refuse to work...How many of those on welfare won't work...We need to consider this when looking at these numbers.

It is all George Bush's fault for letting people take more money home that they earned! That is such an unforgivable idea! You don't work for yourself and your family you work for the government to take your money--everybody knows that. We, on average work close to six months to pay our tax bill--maybe we should work 9 months to pay it off before we actually get the money we earn.

It is all George Bush's fault for letting people take more money home that they earned!  That is such an unforgivable idea!  You don't work for yourself and your family you work for the government to take your money--everybody knows that.  We, on average work close to six months to pay our tax bill--maybe we should work 9 months to pay it off before we actually get the money we earn.

8455[/snapback]

Lets not pay any taxes at all. Maybe a you can skip using the infrastructure to get to your job. A horse and buggy works great for making house-calls.

Perhaps if you could offer specifically what the shortcomings of the current administration are that have led to this trend, and/or what the Kerry/Edwards administration would do to reverse it, there could be some intellectual discussion. The fact that LGB is in this so early is not promising, that's generally death bells for anything intellectual on this board.

I thought it was interesting to hear what the Democrat mayor of Youngstown, OH -- who has endorsed Bush -- had to say about the economy in his rust belt town. He said that people mostly blame NAFTA for their loss of jobs and recognize that it went into effect under Clinton. The 9/11 tragedy had a significant effect on the economy that the Dems don't want to admit. Bush's economic policy is taking hold and because of it they have "turned the corner" in Youngstown. No matter how much the host tried to spin things on him in favor of the Dems, he had a deep conviction that Bush had things on track as far as his town was concerned. He also commented that under Carter their unemployment rate hit 30% and now they are at 10% under Bush, so things are looking up relatively speaking.

...and/or what the Kerry/Edwards administration would do to reverse it...

8515[/snapback]

Apparently, they'll lower taxes on the middle class, while simultaneously creating jobs by raising taxes on the middle class...all the while shouting "It's Bush's fault!"

This election is just disgusting. I never thought I'd look back wistfully on "You're no Jack Kennedy" or Gary Hart's "Czech Airliner" gaffe as fond memories of a better time...

8426[/snapback]

Maybe BLZRUL can bake some oatmeal cookies and you can go out and distribute them to the poor and unfortunate its the least you can do seeing as how you and the rest of the leftists losers are always crying about something.

It will be great after the election when you lose once again to watch you people cry and complain ,misery loves company ,cant you just feel it slipping away yet again? :P:D

I didn't say Kerry had the answer but it's obvious Bush does not.

Your problem starts here, Bzrul.

The best solution you have is to turn over the reins to a person with whom you have little or no confidence in beyond saying, "But Bush bad..."??? You literally say you have no idea if Kerry has the answer, but you're willing to take that chance anyway?

No thanks. I've busted my ass for what I have, and I'm proud of what our country has done the past three years, and I'm not going to extend a free ride to those who refuse to step up because you have no idea whether Kerry has a better option.

Christ almighty. I spent the past week reading stevestojan's doom-n-gloom oh-my-god-we-should-sit-Bledsoe-cuz-Losman is hurt crap. You have officially become the stevestojan of PPP.

Oh, my God, I felt rain! The sky is falling! Run for your lives!!!!