SU Orangemen QB Greg Paulus First College Game Stats!

PearlHowardman

Syracuse University Orangemen Captain QB Greg Paulus was 19 of 31 for 164 yards, had one touchdown and one interception in the 23-20 loss to the University of Minnesota, yesterday at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse. :wallbash:

Paulus, a Syracuse, NY native, played his first competitive football game since 2004, that game being in high school.

A football AND basketball All-American at Christian Brothers Academy in Syracuse, Paulus decided to play basketball at Duke University. Most Paulus watchers here in Syracuse felt that Paulus should have played football at the collegiate level.

"Reminds me somewhat of Doug Flutie." a friend of mine said to describe Greg Paulus' play in yesterdays game.

Remember Doug Flutie, fellow Bills fans? Remember him? Remember when Doug Flutie played QB for the Buffalo Bills? Whether you liked Flutie or not when he played for the Bills the team had:

1. A pulse.

2. A personality.

3. A desire to win.

4. A true leader.

5. Greg Paulus is a WINNER!

6. Edwards is a DOLT!

Greg Paulus is in his way UP! And there's many fans here in Syracuse that would love to see him as the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills. We KNOW he will succeed! :wallbash:

Feel free to add posts Pro-Greg Paulus posts after each SU football game. And then picture him in a Buffalo Bills uniform.

While I was happy for Paulus and SU that they at least look presentable, I am in no way imagining his as a starting pro QB. The Doug Flutie comparison is a huge reach, Paulus does not have that kind of arm strength. I see Paulus more in the Detmer bros category.

While I was happy for Paulus and SU that they at least look presentable, I am in no way imagining his as a starting pro QB. The Doug Flutie comparison is a huge reach, Paulus does not have that kind of arm strength. I see Paulus more in the Detmer bros category.

It was Paulus' first collegiate level football game. He has a huge upside while Trent Edwards....ugh! :wallbash:

Syracuse University Orangemen Captain QB Greg Paulus was 19 of 31 for 164 yards, had one touchdown and one interception in the 23-20 loss to the University of Minnesota, yesterday at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse. :D

Paulus, a Syracuse, NY native, played his first competitive football game since 2004, that game being in high school.

A football AND basketball All-American at Christian Brothers Academy in Syracuse, Paulus decided to play basketball at Duke University. Most Paulus watchers here in Syracuse felt that Paulus should have played football at the collegiate level.

"Reminds me somewhat of Doug Flutie." a friend of mine said to describe Greg Paulus' play in yesterdays game.

Remember Doug Flutie, fellow Bills fans? Remember him? Remember when Doug Flutie played QB for the Buffalo Bills? Whether you liked Flutie or not when he played for the Bills the team had:

1. A pulse.

2. A personality.

3. A desire to win.

4. A true leader.

6. Edwards is a DOLT!

Greg Paulus is in his way UP! And there's many fans here in Syracuse that would love to see him as the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills. We KNOW he will succeed! :wallbash:

Feel free to add posts Pro-Greg Paulus posts after each SU football game. And then picture him in a Buffalo Bills uniform.

Final Score: Gophers 23, the Paulus Orange 20. Biggest play of the game: Paulus forces a stupid pass into triple coverage that is interecepted easily in the end zone, leaving his team scoreless on their first OT attempt. All Minnesota needed to win was a field goal, which they got.

So allow me to correct your Number 5. point above: Paulis is a LOSER. So far, his college record as a QB is 0-1. And all he had to do was throw the ball into the stands after rolling out all over the place on that stupid pass, and his team would have had a 25 yard field goal to take the lead.

Sorry, but Paulus did remind of Doug Flutie in one respect, he let his ego lose the game for his team at the end. It's scoreboard my friend. This program needed a win over a decent Minnesota team. Instead, just another loss to hang their heads on, as they head to Penn State to get blown out and start another season 0-2. :wallbash::lol:

And oh by the way, Greg Paulus does not appear to be very big or strong. I thought he was crazy to come off a 4 year baskeball college career and then start for a major college football team at QB, due to not taking any hits in 4 years. Regardless of his passing stats next week against Penn State, I will be most impressed if he just finishes the game at all. If he is walking healthy off the field after playing every down he is supposed to play next week, I will gain more respect for him and this experiment of his. Because he will get hit.....hard.....next week against the Nittnay Lions, Paulus fan.

Final Score: Gophers 23, the Paulus Orange 20. Biggest play of the game: Paulus forces a stupid pass into triple coverage that is interecepted easily in the end zone, leaving his team scoreless on their first OT attempt. All Minnesota needed to win was a field goal, which they got.

So allow me to correct your Number 5. point above: Paulis is a LOSER. So far, his college record as a QB is 0-1. And all he had to do was throw the ball into the stands after rolling out all over the place on that stupid pass, and his team would have had a 25 yard field goal to take the lead.

Sorry, but Paulus did remind of Doug Flutie in one respect, he let his ego lose the game for his team at the end. It's scoreboard my friend. This program needed a win over a decent Minnesota team. Instead, just another loss to hang their heads on, as they head to Penn State to get blown out and start another season 0-2. :wallbash::wallbash:

And oh by the way, Greg Paulus does not appear to be very big or strong. I thought he was crazy to come off a 4 year baskeball college career and then start for a major college football team at QB, due to not taking any hits in 4 years. Regardless of his passing stats next week against Penn State, I will be most impressed if he just finishes the game at all. If he is walking healthy off the field after playing every down he is supposed to play next week, I will gain more respect for him and this experiment of his. Because he will get hit.....hard.....next week against the Nittnay Lions, Paulus fan.

...dude, mellow! It was Paulus' first college level game. The Bills are going NOWHERE under Edwards.

...dude, mellow! It was Paulus' first college level game. The Bills are going NOWHERE under Edwards.

Dude, you are probably a bit too mellow... how exactly is a kid who played his first college game in September 2009 going to be an NFL-caliber starter by 2010?

It would appear that the appropriate color for you is not orange, but maroon. :wallbash:

Dude, you are probably a bit too mellow... how exactly is a kid who played his first college game in September 2009 going to be an NFL-caliber starter by 2010?

It would appear that the appropriate color for you is not orange, but maroon. :wallbash:

Faith!

I'm one of many Syracuse area Paulus watchers who never understood why he decided to play college basketball over football.

And I have NO faith in Edwards! He's a decent QB but has the personality and leadership skills of a fence-post.

The Buffalo Bills have been a shell of an organization for 10 years. Paulus could really be the shot-in-the-arm that we need.

Syracuse University Orangemen Captain QB Greg Paulus was 19 of 31 for 164 yards, had one touchdown and one interception in the 23-20 loss to the University of Minnesota, yesterday at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse. :wallbash:

1. A pulse.

2. A personality.

3. A desire to win.

4. A true leader.

6. Edwards is a DOLT!

Paulus did the same thing he did at Duke. He played alright, but choked in the clutch(the INT trying to do too much in overtime). :lol: Turnovers killed the guy at Duke. Same Paulus, different sport.

Yesterday was the first Syracuse game that I watched in years. Let me say this, I loath Duke Bball. But I thought Paulus was great to watch from a standpoint of you were watching a Point Guard playing QB. He was working the refs, encouraging his team uo and down the sidelines, hell I think he started pounding the turf when the D ran on the field! It was entertaining to watch and he almost pulled off, what would have been an upset. When he threw that pick I felt terrible for him. He did great and serious props to a guy that has been playing Fball for 3 months now to play that well against a mid level Big Ten team.

HOWEVER, he was probably one of the most overrated and overhyped prospects to ever come out of High School. In the Army All Star game he was completely out of place and looked like an Upstate High School prospect. A good friend scouted a couple of guys from CBA and used to say that he couldn't believe the hype that GP was getting because he has one of the weakest arms that he had ever seen on a guy getting that much attention. On top of that, he also said that he was hardly a great athlete and would never be even an average starter at the D1 level.

Props to Paulus for leading his team (That is what leadership looks like for all of the Lil Donte lovers) and props for almost pulling off the upset. I will be watching Cuse this year and it's only becasue of him. That being said, he won't even get invited to a NFL camp as a QB or anything else. He just doesn't have the arm or the athleticism. I think he would be a great coach though.

Yesterday was the first Syracuse game that I watched in years. Let me say this, I loath Duke Bball. But I thought Paulus was great to watch from a standpoint of you were watching a Point Guard playing QB. He was working the refs, encouraging his team uo and down the sidelines, hell I think he started pounding the turf when the D ran on the field! It was entertaining to watch and he almost pulled off, what would have been an upset. When he threw that pick I felt terrible for him. He did great and serious props to a guy that has been playing Fball for 3 months now to play that well against a mid level Big Ten team.

HOWEVER, he was probably one of the most overrated and overhyped prospects to ever come out of High School. In the Army All Star game he was completely out of place and looked like an Upstate High School prospect. A good friend scouted a couple of guys from CBA and used to say that he couldn't believe the hype that GP was getting because he has one of the weakest arms that he had ever seen on a guy getting that much attention. On top of that, he also said that he was hardly a great athlete and would never be even an average starter at the D1 level.

Props to Paulus for leading his team (That is what leadership looks like for all of the Lil Donte lovers) and props for almost pulling off the upset. I will be watching Cuse this year and it's only becasue of him. That being said, he won't even get invited to a NFL camp as a QB or anything else. He just doesn't have the arm or the athleticism. I think he would be a great coach though.

Paulus will soon awaken to the fact that he has gone form a wildly successful college program to one that is a disaster. Then, the soul-sucking force that accompanies weekly humiliating defeat and brutal physical pounding to his supermodel-sized frame will leave him a shell of the washed up college B-ball player he is today.

Paulus will soon awaken to the fact that he has gone form a wildly successful college program to one that is a disaster. Then, the soul-sucking force that accompanies weekly humiliating defeat and brutal physical pounding to his supermodel-sized frame will leave him a shell of the washed up college B-ball player he is today.

If you can't give him props after having a couple months to prepare for a game that he hasn't played in 6 years then you have a presonal issue with him. Again, I am huge Carolina fan and it is a tradition to hate Puke point guards but the dude was fun to watch. And for a program that is so bad, you need to someone to watch.

BTW, I was accused of being you (under another screen name) on this message board so it is only fitting that we completely disagree! Something about Race Point and Cornell AG something? Funny though, because The Senator HATES YOU!

.... I will be watching Cuse this year and it's only becasue of him....

Well, I will be watching Cuse this year and its' only because...I am a lifelong Cuse fan and watch every game I can that they play every year, my friend. And GP or no GP, I am happy they brought in Doug Marrone, and ex-player who claims that this is his dream job and bleeds orange.

Like I said, I will have much more respect for Paulus if he is not forced to miss plays due to getting slammed by the Penn State defense next week, and suffering injury. Forget his "leadership", this week we find out about his heart and his toughness.

Well, I will be watching Cuse this year and its' only because...I am a lifelong Cuse fan and watch every game I can that they play every year, my friend. And GP or no GP, I am happy they brought in Doug Marrone, and ex-player who claims that this is his dream job and bleeds orange.

Like I said, I will have much more respect for Paulus if he is not forced to miss plays due to getting slammed by the Penn State defense next week, and suffering injury. Forget his "leadership", this week we find out about his heart and his toughness.

I'm sorry about that.

Marrone will be successful because he showed yesterday, that he was going to work his gameplan around what he has and not try to make Paulus something that he is not.

Let me tell you something about GP, he is a Godsend to that program. With the emergance of Rutgers and Pitt and the continued success of WVU, PSU they have very little to draw from a recruiting standpoint. But GP and GP alone is putting you guys in the College Football discussion.

If you are looking for a guy who has played a couple months of football to prove to you what he's got against a Top 10 team well then I'm not sure what I can say to make the crash less horrific.

Look at Paulus as a President, don't judge him now, judge him on what he does for the future of this program.

It would appear that the appropriate color for you is not orange, but maroon. :unsure:

Well maybe the Bills will trade every pick they have for a late 7th rounder and select Paulus.

If he plays in the NFL it will be on someone's practice squad.

Syracuse University Orangemen Captain QB Greg Paulus was 19 of 31 for 164 yards, had one touchdown and one interception in the 23-20 loss to the University of Minnesota, yesterday at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse. :worthy:

1. A pulse.

2. A personality.

3. A desire to win.

4. A true leader.

6. Edwards is a DOLT!

Greg Paulus is in his way UP! And there's many fans here in Syracuse that would love to see him as the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills. We KNOW he will succeed! :unsure:

Yeah, that's great.

BTW - Taylor Potts was 34/48 (71%) for 405 yards, 2 passing TDs, 2 rushing TDs and a QB rating of 143 last night. At 6'5" and 220 lbs, he towers over that midget from Syracuse. Oh...and Potts' team won.

Too bad he's a junior - the Bills won't have a shot at him 'til 2011. (But we should be about ready to run another QB out of town by then :worthy: )

Greg Paulus is in his way UP! And there's many fans here in Syracuse that would love to see him as the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills. We KNOW he will succeed! :unsure:

Dear Mrs. Paulus,

Thanks for visiting Two Bills Drive! Be careful, though -- this is a tough crowd. Gleeful enthusiasm only encourages our cynicism.

Sincerely,

UB2SF

Syracuse University Orangemen Captain QB Greg Paulus was 19 of 31 for 164 yards, had one touchdown and one interception in the 23-20 loss to the University of Minnesota, yesterday at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse. :ph34r:

1. A pulse.

2. A personality.

3. A desire to win.

4. A true leader.

6. Edwards is a DOLT!

Greg Paulus is in his way UP! And there's many fans here in Syracuse that would love to see him as the starting QB for the Buffalo Bills. We KNOW he will succeed! :thumbsup:

19 for 31 for 164 yds in a loss? sounds like a bills qb