Ralph held a coaches meeting at his house

Fingon

Although I do happen to believe that Jauron wasn't acting alone when he whacked Schonert, I was just about to ask what problem you saw with the timeline in the story.

I'd have to think they told Ralph they were firing Schonert. Surely, Brandon knew. If they didn't tell Ralph, that would be the sound of their ticket being punched ... the one-way ticket.

We shall see. :wallbash:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welllllll now. If true, isn't that news interesting?

Notice what your 'buddy' Scott Berchtold a.k.a 'Assclown' had to say?

That said, this meeting happened way to late. I don't know what he expects to happen? He kept a loser for a HC, let him keep a loser for an OC and now we are fully committed to a no huddle our QB can't run with two rookies on the OL.

Thanks for the time-line. BTW, tomorrow is Sunday, and Monday is Labor Day. Your point?

FYI, the report clearly stated...

Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson Jr. summoned head coach Dick Jauron, along with general manager Russ Brandon and two assistant coaches, for a conference at his Detroit home on Saturday after a tumultuous preseason that resulted in the firing of offensive coordinator Turk Schonert, according to team sources.

Wilson conducted a give-and-take session on the team's direction after the Bills' offense sputtered during a 1-4 preseason, sources said. In addition to Jauron and Brandon, Wilson also met with the Bills' new play-caller, quarterback coach Alex Van Pelt, and Eric Studesville, running back coach and running game coordinator.

I was responding to some posts above that were sounding like this meeting was what led to the firing of Schonert. If you read the quote and don't recognize the timeline, it indeed sounds like the meeting itself led to the firing. Especially when it is mentioned that Wilson is a hands on owner.

Notice what your 'buddy' Scott Berchtold a.k.a 'Assclown' had to say?

That said, this meeting happened way to late. I don't know what he expects to happen? He kept a loser for a HC, let him keep a loser for an OC and now we are fully committed to a no huddle our QB can't run with two rookies on the OL.

SONOFABITCH!!! I lose the pool. I said you weren't going to pull an assclown out of your asshat until after the MNF game. GODDAMMITINEVERWINNOTHING!

I was responding to some posts above that were sounding like this meeting was what led to the firing of Schonert. If you read the quote and don't recognize the timeline, it indeed sounds like the meeting itself led to the firing. Especially when it is mentioned that Wilson is a hands on owner.

No need to be a humongous dick about it.

Actually, wasn't trying to be a dick (this time) - my response was to your original post which made no sense to me, and apparently puzzled Lori as well, until you appended it.

(BTW - I see nothing in the original post or subsequent replies that imply a time-line of the RW meeting preceding the Turk firing.)

Holy Crap - Can you picture Ralph being your boss and calling you in to yell at you ?

It would take him 45 minutes to do 5 minutes of yelling.

I think I would resign before having to go to the meeting just to avoid the torture of listening to him.

I am picturing Ralph firing Jauron and then having a press conference like Al Davis did when he fired Kiffin.

If we get blown out on MNF, Dick will be fired immediately after the game.

SONOFABITCH!!! I lose the pool. I said you weren't going to pull an assclown out of your asshat until after the MNF game. GODDAMMITINEVERWINNOTHING!

Bwahahahaha.

(re: Mr. Berchtold -- no comment.)

Holy Crap - Can you picture Ralph being your boss and calling you in to yell at you ?

It would take him 45 minutes to do 5 minutes of yelling.

I think I would resign before having to go to the meeting just to avoid the torture of listening to him.

I am picturing Ralph firing Jauron and then having a press conference like Al Davis did when he fired Kiffin.

If we get blown out on MNF, Dick will be fired immediately after the game.

But - given your factor of 9 - how long will it take before Dick knows he's fired? :wallbash:

Actually, wasn't trying to be a dick (this time) - my response was to your original post which made no sense to me, and apparently puzzled Lori as well, until you appended it.

(BTW - I see nothing in the original post or subsequent replies that imply a time-line of the RW meeting preceding the Turk firing.)

No problem. The time line wasn't ambiguous. Poor word choice. It just seemed like this was starting to fuel some conspiracy theories from yesterday. And, the first time I read it, I missed the "on Saturday" which changed the meaning of the entire article. Anyway, glad we understand each other.

No problem. The time line wasn't ambiguous. Poor word choice. It just seemed like this was starting to fuel some conspiracy theories from yesterday. And, the first time I read it, I missed the "on Saturday" which changed the meaning of the entire article. Anyway, glad we understand each other.

No prob, SB - like always, Sisyphus just shrugged. :wallbash:

There is this old version of "The Alamo" where the guy from the Munsters is the Mexican General Santa Anna

I dont know if anyone has seen it.....but I keep envisioning Ralph playing the part of the General who keeps chewing out his generals.....then he and his cronie (which is a nephew or something like that) and the generals stand in the room in disbelief

"We are being led gentlemen by a mad man"

I hope to God it was an ultimatum. Win or find new jobs.

I don't think anyone has to tell Jauron that. I think it was probably an "Ok, what the hell are your plans now?"

LOL at the line under Beerball's avatar.

Can someone tell me how the picture relates to the line? :wallbash: