Fletcher on Rome

stevewin

Pretty quick/generic interview. This is what I got for what it's worth:

On team playing well - what they need to get to 500 esp. w/ number of games left on the road:

First big thing is to get to get win #4. One game at a time.

On teams struggles on the road:

Guys are buying into MMs system. Past struggles on the road are not this team with this coaching staff and system.

Is Mcgahee the difference on offense:

Can't say - in general the offense is buying into new scheme and getting adjusted - at all positions - can't just say it's one thing.

Should MM have switched to WM sooner:

Hard to say - can't just make a move after a couple games. Have to be careful of message you send to rest of team. Thought MM handles well as a coach period - not just as a rookie coach.

Talk about past SBs?

Some guys ask - just last week was talking to some guys about the week before SB.

Why won't wear ring?

Don't want to get complacent. I play like I don't have a SB ring. Want to win one with this team.

National pub said in 99 if he became starter they'd buy him a car:

Never got car. Critics will say stuff but can't judge or measure my heart and determination.

Still have a chip on his shoulder?

Did when younger - not amymore. Don't need a man's confirmation to be able to play.

fletcher had a nice inteview but the best part was at the end when jim rome said that the nfl is much better when the bills have a good team and that buffalo has some of the best fans in the league. pretty cool to finally get some recognition from someone.