Jim Kelly

CAVEDAWG

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Kelly has stated multiple times that he had been offered and was not interested in coaching. He gave the same reason as why he stopped doing broadcasting - he does not have the time for full time coaching / broadcasting and has more important things to do with his time. Bring him in as consultant, maybe, but not coaching.

Funny thing about that is, I've been offered jobs that I've turned-down multiple times - based on what was going on in my life at the time - then said yes when things in my life were more conducive. I'm sure the same can be said for many of us.

Things change (I believe Hunter was still with us when Jim gave up broadcasting). Not saying Jim has changed his mind about coaching but, based on his statements regarding the Schonert 'sitch', he's obviously concerned about what's happening at OBD - no harm in asking him again if he'd like a more active role.

Guest dog14787
Funny thing about that is, I've been offered jobs that I've turned-down multiple times - based on what was going on in my life at the time - then said yes when things in my life were more conducive. I'm sure the same can be said for many of us.

Things change. Not saying Jim has changed his mind about coaching, but based on his statements regarding the Schonert 'sitch', he's obviously concerned about what's happening at OBD - no harm in asking him again if he'd like a more active role.

I watched your video on Leach, the guys friggin awesome, he reminds me a little of the big tuna, he's got that arrogant way about him because he knows he's good and he's not afraid to flaunt it. I can't believe someone isn't snatching him up, or trying to anyway. The bit about lineman and the blood and the buggers, awww man, this guy knows where its all begins and ends, what a coach. Leach probably wouldn't budge unless its a HC position in the NFL, but he sure wouldn't hurt my feelings having him as the HC for the Buffalo Bills. Mike Leach has NFL written all over him in my opinion.

I've got some magic and ferry dust for you right here

I watched your video on Leach, the guys friggin awesome, he reminds me a little of the big tuna, he's got that arrogant way about him because he knows he's good and he's not afraid to flaunt it, can't believe someone isn't snatching him up, the bit about lineman and the blood and the buggers, awww man, this guy knows where its all begins and ends, what a coach.

Yeah, Leach is one of those 'when they made him, they broke the mold' kinda guys that you rarely see. The Bills should have schitt-canned Turk last February, and signed Leach as OC while he was having his own big pissing contest with the Taco Tech AD. Now that that's settled, I don't imagine Leach is going anywhere until at least 2011.

In the meantime, RW should most definitely try to get Jimbo on-board as QBs coach. :wallbash:

Guest dog14787
Yeah, Leach is one of those 'when they made him, they broke the mold' kinda guys that you rarely see. The Bills should have schitt-canned Turk last February, and signed Leach as OC while he was having his own big pissing contest with the Taco Tech AD. Now that that's settled, I don't imagine Leach is going anywhere until at least 2011.

In the meantime, RW should most definitely try to get Jimbo on-board as QBs coach. :wallbash:

I agree, about Leach and about kelly, If everything they say about Trent Edwards is true and his confidence is shaken there would be nobody better than Jim Kelly to steer him in the right direction. Jim Kelly will gladly trade an interception for two TD's and that's the mentality that TE needs to learn.

I honestly think TE's biggest problem has been partly to do with the size of our receivers and partly to do with not having the proper passing lanes. T.O. is big, and TE looks like a different QB with T.O. on the field, TE hones right in on T.O. and delivers a strike.

Parish, Reed and Evans get smothered and lost in a sea of big bodies and we just cut the best TE :wallbash:

"Jim Kelly did us all very proud that day and I just wish somehow, someway Jim could sprinkle a little bit of his heart and a little bit of his magic into an organization that really needs some help right now."

This is the greatest post of all time. From Dog 14787

Hahahaha...he has some priceless quotes on here...check out Bizell's signature too for more priceless material from Dog and my sig for some nice nuggests from the rabbit...lmao

Guest dog14787
Hahahaha...he has some priceless quotes on here...check out Bizell's signature too for more priceless material from Dog and my sig for some nice nuggests from the rabbit...lmao

I'm pretty sure most folks around here know I don't embarrass very easily. :unsure:

So I had one to many yesterday(maybe ten to many)but who's counting and making a big deal out of that particular post makes about as much sense as you do most of the time. It doesn't bother me at all to be ranting about one of my biggest hero's when I have a good buzz going.

I could write a book using all the hilariously stupid post's you have posted.

Guest dog14787
I want Jimbo to join the Bills in one capacity and it is not OC, HC, GM or QB Coach - IT IS OWNER (or managing partner of the ownership group. Nothing is going to change until new ownership is in control.

I'll take Jim Kelly in any capacity I can get him, but I do agree. Jim Kelly would be in Bill Cowhers face 24/7 until Cowher succumbs to all of Kelly's harrassment, or Grudin or maybe even one of my new,up and coming favorites now thanks to the Senator, Mike Leach The mad football scientist.

I'll take Jim Kelly in any capacity I can get him, but I do agree. Jim Kelly would be in Bill Cowhers face 24/7 until Cowher succumbs to all of Kelly's harrassment, or Grudin or maybe even one of my new,up and coming favorites now thanks to the Senator, Mike Leach The mad football scientist.

Mornin Sunshine, how are you feelin after that bender you were on last night? I don't know if you remeber this but you swore that Jim Kelly is a Wizard with magical powers! Some funny sh*t.

Guest dog14787
Mornin Sunshine, how are you feelin after that bender you were on last night? I don't know if you remeber this but you swore that Jim Kelly is a Wizard with magical powers! Some funny sh*t.

My wake up call :unsure:

It would be the same nonsense. What other team would hire Jim Kelly as offensive coordinator?

At this point Ralph will probably continue to hire/promote people that no other team would even consider for any job, let alone place in a high position. I mean, look at the loser that is our head coach. We may as well accept this and just enjoy being Bills Fans.

We ARE the greatest fans of any team in any sport. :unsure: