The Official Who Got Cut Thread

Corp000085

Teams must be down to 53 players by 6:00pm today. Who gets cut? Which bubble guy stays?

I am not going to drop any names, cause quite frankly, all I saw was the Hall of Fame Game. I will say that the offensive cuts should be looked at carefully. It may yield some clues as to the type of offense that AVP will actually run here. For example, if the FB gets cut as opposed to the 9th string HB, or visa versa. I'm interested in what goes down today...

most ppl are assuming that the FB gets cut today( I base this off the reactions I've read on this board only)...as Chris Brown has said, the no huddle offense limits the use of a FB unless they intend to stop and huddle and change personel on short yardage plays...I'm going to say that McIntyre does get cut today...JMO tho

I'll be less interested in what goes down by 1800h tonight than in what goes down over the next 2 days. It doesn't happen all that often for the Bills, but I would imagine that the front office is going to be looking carefully at who gets cut from OTHER teams. That has to be a gut-wrenching feeling. You make the team, pop open a few cold ones, and just as the hangover is setting in, they call you up to cut you because they found someone better at your position.

Linebacker comes to mind.

Just looking at the numbers, I'd guess that one of Kelsay, Denney and Schobel is going to get some bad news today. They've got a total of six guys with a good chance of making the final roster, but will probably only keep five.

While not great, Schobel is the only one of the three that can rush the passer. There are young players that can improve with more playing time while Kelsay and Denney.......

Just looking at the numbers, I'd guess that one of Kelsay, Denney and Schobel is going to get some bad news today. They've got a total of six guys with a good chance of making the final roster, but will probably only keep five.

My guess (and Hope) is Kelsay. He may have gone home to Chicago for more reasons than a child's minor surgery. They might be offering him some pay-out options.

I confess that when I first read the title of this post, I was wondering what Official got cut. Must have been influenced by the sucker punch fanfare.

Kelsay would be another loud crack of the whip. Personally, I think Dick hasn't got the message through to these guys that they just aren't tough enough. They love him 'cause he doesn't run them very hard in practice and it shows in game time. Maybe he's desperate enough to cut Kelsay. I'd be shocked if Schobel were let go.

I confess that when I first read the title of this post, I was wondering what Official got cut.
Same thing here. Need to kill the The and put OFFICIAL in caps or the Rhodes post will steal your official status.

[Plus having me as the last post is a certain thread killer. <_< ]

I agree one of these three get the axe. My guess is Kelsay. They move Maybin over and he will start pretty soon.

most ppl are assuming that the FB gets cut today( I base this off the reactions I've read on this board only)...as Chris Brown has said, the no huddle offense limits the use of a FB unless they intend to stop and huddle and change personel on short yardage plays...I'm going to say that McIntyre does get cut today...JMO tho

After Rhodes and Shonert got cut, I can see Corey making the team until at least the end of week 3 when we get Marshawn back. I don't think they can go with just Freddy and Xavier for 3 weeks. Also with Shonert gone, I'm not sold that the Bills will maintain a no-huddle all season