Vick Suspended For 2 Games

May Day 10

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vick was never convicted, nor did he ever admit to killing a single dog....of course we can speculate and we are probably correct, but the law is the law and he can only be held legally responsible for the laws he is actually convicted of committing....

Yes, he did.

According to the statement, Vick also was involved with the others in killing six to eight dogs that did not perform well in testing sessions last April. The dogs were executed by drowning or hanging.

“Vick agrees and stipulates that these dogs all died as a result of the collective efforts” of Vick, Phillips and Peace, the statement said.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/20417707/

Lynch was on borrowed time after he ran over the candian...

Understood. My biggest problem is not Lynch's suspension, but Lynch's suspension compared to the previous precedent. Brandon Marshall beats women. For some reason, roger decides that 3 games is too harsh for that. I mean, hey, after all, they're only women, right? So Marshall continues to beat women this offseason, getting in an altercation. Common sense says Marshall is on "borrowed time" and should be suspended. But no, nothing.

Whats the theme here? Marshall is a player with star power and high marketability. If Donte Stallworth was still on the pats* instead of the browns, he'd be suiting up for the monday nighter in 11 days.

In all honesty he basicly was allready suspended for 2 seasons

Vick's suspension for the past two seasons was as meaningful as if I were suspended for the past two years. Neither one of us was going to play in the NFL those two years.

I have backed Goodell for the most part, but this is totally disgusting. A huge embarrassment to the NFL.

Some of you people need to know the facts before you speak. Vick has been suspended indefinitely since July of 2007. Rodger Goodell has not suspended him for two additional games, he is still suspended. This means he has not received a pay check since July of 2007; he has been suspended for over two years. He was still suspended while he was serving time. Rodger Goodell has reinstated or just simply lifted the suspension after two games, because you can’t suspend someone who is already suspended. Get a clue people and get off his back. If he screws up again he will be banned for life and that will be the end of it. :P

Some of you people need to know the facts before you speak. Vick has been suspended indefinitely since July of 2007. Rodger Goodell has not suspended him for two additional games, he is still suspended. T

Again, his suspension the past two years is MEANINGLESS. He was either in jail or in the process of negotiating his guilty play. Either way, he couldn't have played. Goodell could have suspended a Unicorn for the difference it made to either Vick or the Unicorn.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4442627

right in line with Lynch's suspension I guess... Its only fair. After all, Goodell has had a few brief conversations with Vick and he has said (feeling out the public) that Vick is on the right track. Vick has no reason to put on a face eithe ($).

League is a friggin joke. I though the NHL was bad. NFL just surpassed those clowns

He paid a massive price already..He served his time and to be frank he shoulda been allowed to play game 1 in my opinion..Let it go..Mark it down Marshawn isnt done being an idiot..

Vick missed part of a season before doing a 23 month prison sentance. Marshawn has done NO jail time and came within inches of killing a human being behind the wheel, likely while drunk, and fled the scene. He then get's caught having a gun in the trunk of a car that had marijuana in it. Vick's done his time. I wouldn't have minded if they just let him play week one.

him having a gun is none of anyones business thats a f****d up part our legal system

Again, his suspension the past two years is MEANINGLESS. He was either in jail or in the process of negotiating his guilty play. Either way, he couldn't have played. Goodell could have suspended a Unicorn for the difference it made to either Vick or the Unicorn.

GODell shouldn't be suspending the guys who do jail time they served their time[/size]

He paid a massive price already..He served his time and to be frank he shoulda been allowed to play game 1 in my opinion..Let it go..Mark it down Marshawn isnt done being an idiot..

do you think there isnt a high possibility Vick wont screw up again?\

regardless, it should have been no games, or 4 games +. 2 games makes zero sense.

Some of you people need to know the facts before you speak. Vick has been suspended indefinitely since July of 2007. Rodger Goodell has not suspended him for two additional games, he is still suspended. This means he has not received a pay check since July of 2007; he has been suspended for over two years. He was still suspended while he was serving time. Rodger Goodell has reinstated or just simply lifted the suspension after two games, because you can’t suspend someone who is already suspended. Get a clue people and get off his back. If he screws up again he will be banned for life and that will be the end of it. :P

No. Because what he did was !@#$ing horrific and worthy of a bullet to the hgead, in my opinion. So no. Thanks for your astute advice, but no. I will not get off his back. You alright with that or you wanna defend the monster some more?

Anyone who calls what Michael Vick was caught doing "screwing up" needs to explain to me just what part of it was a "mistake".

do you think there isnt a high possibility Vick wont screw up again?\

regardless, it should have been no games, or 4 games +. 2 games makes zero sense.

Vick had his meet Jesus meeting..Lost a huge contract he will never see again..My money is on Vick staying clean unless he bombs out of the Nfl..Marshawn is just a matter of time before he messes up again..Stupid is as stupid does..

So according to Goodell,

Carrying a gun in a locked box (3 games) is worse than killing dogs and running an illegal gambling operation (2 games), which is worse than beating women(1 game).

Nice consistency. Way to show what behavior is acceptable.

Goodell is a piece of shitt, his descent has happened quickly and pathetically.

How was Vick going to realistically serve his suspension while he was in prison? Goodell is using the convenience of Vick's prison time and arguing that he was "suspended" all along. It's absolute bullshitt, Goodell should come out and just admit that scumbag Michael Vick=bigger ratings and more attention for the rapidly declining NFL.

I have quite the clue and I will never get off the back of a man who brutally killed numerous animals, only showed remorse when he was caught and is an obvious sociopath who should have been drowned in the bathtub as a child.