OFFENSIVE LINEMAN PASHOS ON TRADE BLOCK

Pashos doesn't give you anything more than Bell, Chambers or Scott would, IMO.

Chambers was awful in preseason and he only went up against the opponents 2nd and 3rd string. I thought he would be half way decent safety valve if the OL experiments got ugly. Please don't tell me how great he was last year. I watched him in preseason and, well, ick.

sounds Greek and from past experience... they suck at football...see Joe Panos

Yeah, and Freddy Smerlas.

What nationality is Alex Karras, who by the way came in second, as a DL, in the Heisman voting and had a superb pro career? Oh, yeah, Greek.

Pete Pihos, a Greek, is in the NFL Hall of Fame.

I'll leave Garo Yepremian out of it, because he's a kicker, and worse, a Dolphin.

But Smerlas ought to be enough to destroy that argument. The man was a tree in the middle of the Bills line.

As a Greek and a former player (HS), I resent that. <_<

Couldn't get past HS ball eh! 'Nuff said.

What nationality is Alex Karras, who by the way came in second, as a DL, in the Heisman voting and had a superb pro career? Oh, yeah, Greek.

I'll leave Garo Yepremian out of it, because he's a kicker, and worse, a Dolphin.

But Smerlas ought to be enough to destroy that argument. The man was a tree in the middle of the Bills line.

The term "tongue in cheek" doesn't mean much to you does it? :censored:

Anyhoo, here's a list of great Greek football players.

Joe Panos was pretty good in Philly, but couldn't ever stay healthy in Buffalo, so essentially, I disagree. I'd wait it out because Jacksonville cannot justify caring this guy (maybe) beyond the cutdown date. He will probably be waived, in other words!!

2009 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.

Grade: 68 | Key

Comment: Pashos has been with two teams during his seven year career, four seasons with Baltimore and the past three with Jacksonville. He started all 16 games at right tackle for the Jaguars in 2008 and does a good job of anchoring that side of the offensive line. He is a massive tackle with long arms, excellent strength and adequate athleticism. He is a powerful drive blocker that often simply engulfs opponents and uses his long arms to lock up opponents and drive them off the line. He is not a natural knee bender and has to work to keep his pad level down to leverage his blocks. He tends to grab wide to engulf opponents and has just enough foot agility to work his way around and seal opponents off. He has limited lateral range in pass protection and often has to turn his hips to run rushers on by the pocket. He is susceptible to counter moves but can sink his hips to hunker down versus the bull rush.

Grade: 68 | Key

Comment: The past two seasons, Walker has been a steady performer at the right tackle position for the Bills. Langston is a seven-year veteran who has outstanding size but limited athletic ability. He isn't a powerful blocker at the point of attack, but Walker can lock on and stay connected once engaged. He is a solid reactor to stunts and twists and has a feel for body positioning and how to gain leverage. His long arms and initial punch keeps defenders at bay. Walker lacks the great lateral agility, quickness and balance to be effective in space and on the second level. He has a tough time staying connected versus athletic defenders and hitting moving targets.

Grade: 67 | Key

Comment: Butler is a big body with average power and athletic ability who has settled in as the starting guard for the Bills. In three seasons, he's shown steady improvement as both a run and pass blocker. He is a tough competitor who wins with effort, technique and intelligence. He has developed his hand use and ability to leverage his opponent with proper angles and body positioning. Butler isn't an explosive run blocker, but he can wall off defenders effectively with technique and active hands. He is limited on the second level with the apparent lack of lateral agility, quickness and balance.

He isn't an upgrade.

What, you own a diner or something? :P