Dan Snyder, owner with a heart of gold

PromoTheRobot

May need to sign up to read story on Wash Post.

If you can't read the stor it basically says the Redskins, who require multi-year contracts form season ticket holders, are suing people who have lost their jobs but still have years left on their deals. This from a team that supposedly has 20 to 30,000 people on a waiting list for seats.

PTR

If you can't read the stor it basically says the Redskins, who require multi-year contracts form season ticket holders, are suing people who have lost their jobs but still have years left on their deals. This from a team that supposedly has 20 to 30,000 people on a waiting list for seats.

PTR

<_<

What a :censored: head! He doesn't seem to get the whole P.R. thing does he?

Hill couldn't afford a lawyer. She did not fight the lawsuit or even respond to it because, she said, she believes that the Bible says that it is morally wrong not to pay your debts. The team won a default judgment of $66,364.

"It really breaks my heart," Hill said, her voice cracking as the tears well and spill. "I don't even believe in bankruptcy.

"We are supposed to pay our bills. I ain't trying to get out of anything."

Hill is one of 125 season ticket holders who asked to be released from multiyear contracts and were sued by the Redskins in the past five years. The Washington Post interviewed about two dozen of them. Most said that they were victims of the economic downturn, having lost a job or experiencing some other financial hardship.

Redskins General Counsel David Donovan said the lawsuits are a last resort that involve a small percentage of the team's 20,000 annual premium seat contracts. He added that the team has accommodated people in hard-luck circumstances hundreds of times. He said he was unaware of Pat Hill's case.

"The Washington Redskins routinely works out payment plans and alternate arrangements with hundreds of ticket holders every year," Donovan said. "For every one we sue, I would guess we work out a deal with half a dozen."

The Skins are thinking if you sign a contract you live up to it. Maybe the NFL teams should deal with their overpaid & overrated and over inflated ego players the same way they deal with granny here. Didn't Peters have two years left on his contract? The Bills should have sued Jason Peters for underperforming after sitting out and not playing or acting professionally for last season. A few teams start to do that and this nonsense stops. Hell, that would mean equal justice for all including granny.

Why didnt the Skins just let them be bid on by people on the waiting list? Hell, why didnt she just sign the rights over to someone else and let them pay the bill? Stupid!

Because they are double dipping. Sue for the unused portion of the contract, then sell those seats to someone else. I do agree, they should allow someone on the list to purchase the unused portion of the contract.

Because they are double dipping. Sue for the unused portion of the contract, then sell those seats to someone else. I do agree, they should allow someone on the list to purchase the unused portion of the contract.

Isn't that illegal? The story said they are selling these contracts to ticket brokers. So the Redskins get all their money and still make the fans pay for seats that are being taken away from them. If this is what the NFL is turning into I won't support it.

PTR

Isn't that illegal? The story said they are selling these contracts to ticket brokers. So the Redskins get all their money and still make the fans pay for seats that are being taken away from them. If this is what the NFL is turning into I won't support it.

PTR

I don't know about illegal, but it's definetly not right. Get the right lawyer and counter sue that as long as someone is paying for that contract, they can not resell the seats in dispute.

PTR

Certainly is what the NFL has become in DC - Dallas is not far behind. The NFL is fueled by greed and ego at some point this will drive away fans. What the Skins did to this woman is harsh and uncalled for. Yes she has responsibility to honor a contract and therefore should not have signed it if she did so beyond her means. At the same time she has clearly been severely impacted by the worst recession since the 30's she can't control everything.

Say what you want about Ralph Wilson but from a ticket perspective he has been very fan friendly.

She did sign a contract so is liable to perform her part. Sucks what happened to her but still, Snyder is not the most evil guy in the world for wanting her to live up to the deal. Maybe he should have done a little more diligence in the first place made sure she could afford the obligation. But he didn't.

It is a two way street maybe this is only one side of the story.

In any event, I am not so sure this lady is due all this sympathy for reneging on a legal document. Maybe there are others out there who are a little more deserving of the public's tears...

PTR

Having season tickets is a luxury and I would hope that if you signed a 5 or 10 year contract that the money required for such would already be set aside.

I still don't like Snyder but I believe in keeping to your word.

Maybe he should have done a little more diligence in the first place made sure she could afford the obligation. But he didn't.

Come on now. It's not the team's obligation to decide what she can and cannot afford. These are football tickets, not a home loan. The onus is on her. That being said, yes, Snyder is a flange.

Having season tickets is a luxury and I would hope that if you signed a 5 or 10 year contract that the money required for such would already be set aside.

I still don't like Snyder but I believe in keeping to your word.

Unless you are a millionaire most people buy stuff on the assumption that economically things will stay the same and they will be able to afford it. No one sees economic collapses so to say she over overextended herself can't be proven here. But what is evil is taking away someone's tickets, making them pay anyway, then reselling the tickets. That's double-dipping and if it's legal it's grossly unfair.

PTR

Shades of Mike Brown... :censored:

Bengals lose ticket case

By Kimball Perry, Cincinnati Enquirer July 24, 2009

"Alex Young rooted for the Bengals for decades, so he knew they could be beaten. He – and 128 other fans – proved that this week.

Those fans filed a lawsuit in 2004 against the team, claiming it was forcing them to buy tickets they didn’t want. The suit was settled this week and they will receive almost a quarter of a million dollars from the Bengals.

Young, of Columbia Tusculum, will get $1,250 from the team as part of the settlement.

“We got the most that we could squeeze out of those bandits,” said Young, a Bengals season-ticket holder for 35 years."...

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2009072...se+ticket+case+

PTR

I am really suprised some lawyer or even an entire firm hasn't shown up and taken this just for the PR standpoint. I do believe it is illegal to charge them for the seats, take them, then re sell them. I just hope someone can afford to fight them.

No as for as buying them, yep stupid but no one could see the economy downturning as bad as it did.

As for as the skins are worthless. Dan should...well I just can't say it here. Bottom line this is pathetic and I am with you, I am VERY close to just watching College ball.