Bills cut 6...

Tsaikotic

sept 1 cuts per www.buffalobills.com

"Waived by the club were OL Chris Denman and WR Shaine Smith.

Placed on the waived/injured list were three players, TE Travis McCall, CB Lydell Sargeant and DT Marcus Smith.

The Bills also added a player signing tight end Tyson DeVree..To make room for DeVree on the roster the Bills also waived LB Solomon Elimimian."

From the top link;

The Bills made their necessary roster reduction to 75 players on Tuesday prior to the 4pm league deadline. They also added a tight end to the roster.

Waived by the club were OL Chris Denman and WR Shaine Smith.

Placed on the waived/injured list were three players, TE Travis McCall, CB Lydell Sargeant and DT Marcus Smith.

McCall, Sargeant and Smith all suffered injuries during the course of training camp and the preseason. If none of them are claimed by any other NFL club they revert back to Buffalo’s roster where they will either be placed on injured reserve or be released via an injury settlement.

None of these moves surprised me. These were pretty much the guys I expected to see go this week. What I am surprised about are the injured reserve moves vs. waive then resign for the practice squad. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but coming to an IR or injury settlement with a player will make them unable to be a part of the practice squad in Buffalo this season. I was really hoping to see McCall and maybe Marcus Smith on the PS

None of these moves surprised me. These were pretty much the guys I expected to see go this week. What I am surprised about are the injured reserve moves vs. waive then resign for the practice squad. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but coming to an IR or injury settlement with a player will make them unable to be a part of the practice squad in Buffalo this season. I was really hoping to see McCall and maybe Marcus Smith on the PS

McCALL? What could you possibly have seen from McCall that was any good?

What I am surprised about are the injured reserve moves vs. waive then resign for the practice squad. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but coming to an IR or injury settlement with a player will make them unable to be a part of the practice squad in Buffalo this season. I was really hoping to see McCall and maybe Marcus Smith on the PS

AFAIK, You are right. My interpretation is that keeps them away from being plucked away (although the PS pluckee has to put the plucked on the active roster). My assumption is that a team's medical ins. pays for the injured player's medical needs, and the team pays what their contract specified.

CIN had 2005 #1 David Pollack on the IR roster for 2 years until he officially retired in April 2008. There are many valid criticisms of CIN owner Brown, but he never fails to take good care of his injured players.

AFAIK, You are right. My interpretation is that keeps them away from being plucked away (although the PS pluckee has to put the plucked on the active roster). My assumption is that a team's medical ins. pays for the injured player's medical needs, and the team pays what their contract specified.

CIN had 2005 #1 David Pollack on the IR roster for 2 years until he officially retired in April 2008. There are many valid criticisms of CIN owner Brown, but he never fails to take good care of his injured players.

No, they're all available to other teams first then if they clear waivers they'll revert back to Buffalo and end up on IR.

That's a plus for Brown. These guys go out there and bang themselves up, possibly sustaining injuries that will hamper their quality of life. Its good to see that some owners make sure these guys are taken care of.

I wonder if the DeVree signing is an indicator of cutting Stupar and trying to get Stupar past waivers with the intention of signing DeVree to PS if Stupar fails to clear waivers.

Also it is kinda frighting that the TE's coming off the Patriots* PS are looking a hell of a lot better then our TE's...

I wonder if the DeVree signing is an indicator of cutting Stupar and trying to get Stupar past waivers with the intention of signing DeVree to PS if Stupar fails to clear waivers.

Also it is kinda frighting that the TE's coming off the Patriots* PS are looking a hell of a lot better then our TE's...

We actually run opposite systems, or at least look for the opposite qualities in TE's. They look for blocking TE's, and don't value receiving ones, while we've been trying to get some good pass catching TEs in here for years. They release the TEs not because they're bad players, but because they don't fit the system style of TE. It's why they have no use for Ben Watson, and why Josh McDaniels wanted to get rid of Scheffler. Just a different philosophy.

We actually run opposite systems, or at least look for the opposite qualities in TE's. They look for blocking TE's, and don't value receiving ones, while we've been trying to get some good pass catching TEs in here for years. They release the TEs not because they're bad players, but because they don't fit the system style of TE. It's why they have no use for Ben Watson, and why Josh McDaniels wanted to get rid of Scheffler. Just a different philosophy.

Which is funny because lately our TE's haven't been able to block or catch with any real consistency.