Interesting Statistic.

murra

They may be equal ratio-wise, but (and I'm just going from what my memory is telling me) not point-in-the-game wise. The big games that Trent lost, the last plays were missed field goals(Dallas, Denver, Cleveland,..). The big games JP lost ended with him just making bad decisions, putting the final nail in the coffin. Again, it might be false, but this is how I remember it.

Let me refresh your memory...Trent threw a terrible pass late in Dallas game that was returned for a TD when we were about to add more points and seal the win...if that throw doesnt happen we win the Dallas game...terrible out throw to a blanketed Evans.

Cleveland game was one of the worst quarterbacked games I have ever seen. We should have won that game by double digits, but Trents horrendous play had us behind...the fact we had a chance to win was a miracle...

He made plenty of bad decisions in those losses that led to those losses...and he didnt exactly light the field on fire in that Denver game either...

Let me refresh your memory...Trent threw a terrible pass late in Dallas game that was returned for a TD when we were about to add more points and seal the win...if that throw doesnt happen we win the Dallas game...terrible out throw to a blanketed Evans.

Cleveland game was one of the worst quarterbacked games I have ever seen. We should have won that game by double digits, but Trents horrendous play had us behind...the fact we had a chance to win was a miracle...

He made plenty of bad decisions in those losses that led to those losses...and he didnt exactly light the field on fire in that Denver game either...

All true. But that's not how the game ended and that's what the fans remember. When JP fumbles against the Jets, and we go from winner to losers, that's what we remember. When Trent throws 3 INTs in the first half against Cleveland, we remember that we missed a field goal to win it and Jauron should have tried to get closer.

I don't really have a dog in this fight. I think they both have(or had) talent, but our coaching was not capable of bringing it out. I'm just trying to give a reason why we view the two QBs differently.

He didnt put up big numbers in College either with only one 300 yard passing game in college...its nothing new with him...

In college he was always running for his life. He didn't have a good o-line. Also he didn't have much of a supporting cast while he was there.

All true. But that's not how the game ended and that's what the fans remember. When JP fumbles against the Jets, and we go from winner to losers, that's what we remember. When Trent throws 3 INTs in the first half against Cleveland, we remember that we missed a field goal to win it and Jauron should have tried to get closer.

I don't really have a dog in this fight. I think they both have(or had) talent, but our coaching was not capable of bringing it out. I'm just trying to give a reason why we view the two QBs differently.

I think there is a misunderstanding...they both suck IMO...lol

My only point was that we literally lost the Dallas game and the Cleveland game because of Trent. Trents INT for a TD lost us that Dallas game when we were about to score late in the game...if he doesnt throw the INT for a TD the Cowboys cant win...

The Cleveland game could have been won with even bleow average QB play...but Trent was beyond bad that game and we lost...it wasnt just his 3 INT's, it was his deer in the headlights all game. He made the Cle D look like the Steel Curtain was reborn...

Yeah, but I'll let you in on another little secret. Everyone ranted and raved initially about Trent's mental ability... How come they both share a 1:1 TD to interception ratio?

Basically, Buffalo... you ranted, you raved, you complained because you were downright fed up with sacks. In return, you've received less sacks. But also no scoring.

I realize its certainly not all this simple. There are so many more factors, and JP is gone, and clearly not the answer... I just have no idea why people have decided to criticize one below average quarterback (that actually was able to perform at least one average season), and embrace the other. It's weird, to say the least.

It's simply because it was obvious JP was not the answer and Bills fans were looking for someone who was...TE gets the benefit cause He's the next Guy up to the plate...If He fails this Season then...Next...

And can we stop worrying about JP?...It's over, He's gone, and He's not coming back...Can We just move on to hating TE now? I was as big a JP supporter as anyone until I realized He sucked...I'm starting to see that TE may very well suck too...What do they have in common? They both suck at Starting QB for The Buffalo Bills...OK..

Next... :devil:

What I'm hoping some of you may start to realize though, is that Trent has NEVER been able to convert drives into points.

This pre-season, neither has the running game. As far as I can tell, our offense CANNOT run the ball. Lynch and Jackson have done nothing consistent, and Omon is playing against back-ups. Trent is not going to convert TD's if teh running game goes backwards in teh red zone.

Our opponents open bigger holes than our o-line does.

I don't think that is an accurate statement....Trent has had some really good games (or parts of games). I'm not being an apologist, but I think your statement has swung overwhelmingly negative. Think of the Raiders game last year, the Chargers game, the Seahawks game, the Broncos game. Those were won by a guy who managed the game well, kept some key drives alive, etc. JP was a first quarter TD machine, but was horrifying in the 4th quarter when the game was on the line.

This statement is going to be hard for some to understand. TDs score points and interception are a turnover. This I know, every TD is worth 6 points. How many points is a turnover worth?

Before someone posses the obvious question, how many points did the Trent Checkwords offense generate vs the JP offense with an even worse o-line and an even worse coordinator, Fairchild vs Schonert?

For extra credit, for entire games started only, how many games has Trent won vs a 3 -4 as compared to JP????

Guest dog14787
Just some interesting statistics...

JP Losman in 2006 threw for 19 Touchdowns.

In 23 career starts, Trent Edwards has thrown for 18.

I know, I know... JP got sacked all the time. He couldn't throw the ball away, etc. I'm not making a pro-JP Losman argument here.

What I'm hoping some of you may start to realize though, is that Trent has NEVER been able to convert drives into points. It's not his thing. So, while this pre-season scoring drought continues, realize this.. It's going to continue.

To bad JP coughed up the ball to the opponent 21 times the same year, 14 interceptions, 7 lost fumbles and he actually fumbled 13 times. I mean I like Losman allot, but he also lost the ball allot, then you combine that with his 47 sacks in 06 and what do you get, you get loses. :devil:

Just some interesting statistics...

JP Losman in 2006 threw for 19 Touchdowns.

In 23 career starts, Trent Edwards has thrown for 18.

I know, I know... JP got sacked all the time. He couldn't throw the ball away, etc. I'm not making a pro-JP Losman argument here.

What I'm hoping some of you may start to realize though, is that Trent has NEVER been able to convert drives into points. It's not his thing. So, while this pre-season scoring drought continues, realize this.. It's going to continue.

This is like comparing Ryan Denney and Chris Kelsay...each player might be able to perform on occasion, but are they consistently good enough to get you into the playoffs? They answer so far has been "no".

Guest dog14787
This is like comparing Ryan Denney and Chris Kelsay...each player might perform on occasion, but are they consistently good enough to get you to the playoffs? They answer so far has been "no".

As much as I like TE, its hard to argue at this point. TE has to step up to the plate this season and start hitting the ball out of the ball park.

They may be equal ratio-wise, but (and I'm just going from what my memory is telling me) not point-in-the-game wise. The big games that Trent lost, the last plays were missed field goals(Dallas, Denver, Cleveland,..). The big games JP lost ended with him just making bad decisions, putting the final nail in the coffin. Again, it might be false, but this is how I remember it.

Let me refresh your memory. In the three games in quotes Trents Int's led to the final out come each time. The cowboys were pretty much out of it until the pick deep in Dallas territory was returned, bringing the Boys to within a FG of winning. The Denver game In B-lo was flat out lame and the Ceveland started with three picks and went south from there. If Mc lovin hadn't returned a KO for a TD the FG would have been a moot point.

The problem with this thread is that it is looking more and more like neither of these players are of NFL stuff. Trent was supposedly better because he made quick decisions, released the ball and was accurate. He is proving to be anything but against the 3-4 scheme.

No doubt that this will be the year of decision. We are stuck with him for now. Signs sure do indicate that we are in for a long miserable season.

I think there is a misunderstanding...they both suck IMO...lol

My only point was that we literally lost the Dallas game and the Cleveland game because of Trent. Trents INT for a TD lost us that Dallas game when we were about to score late in the game...if he doesnt throw the INT for a TD the Cowboys cant win...

The Cleveland game could have been won with even bleow average QB play...but Trent was beyond bad that game and we lost...it wasnt just his 3 INT's, it was his deer in the headlights all game. He made the Cle D look like the Steel Curtain was reborn...

it acutually wasnt a pick 6. it was intercepted by newman and lee evans caught him somewhere around the 20 and romo proceeded to throw his 3rd pick of the game to john digiorgio i believe.

To bad JP coughed up the ball to the opponent 21 times the same year, 14 interceptions, 7 lost fumbles and he actually fumbled 13 times. I mean I like Losman allot, but he also lost the ball allot, then you combine that with his 47 sacks in 06 and what do you get, you get loses. :)

Touchdown to Turnover ratio:

Trents Touchdown to Turnover ratio:= .78/1

Trent had 9 fumbles in 12.5 games last year...he has 14 starts but only played one snap in AZ and a half in SF...so in 12.5 games he had 9 fumbles...

Guest dog14787
Touchdown to Turnover ratio:

Trents Touchdown to Turnover ratio:= .78/1

Trent had 9 fumbles in 12.5 games last year...he has 14 starts but only played one snap in AZ and a half in SF...so in 12.5 games he had 9 fumbles...

and you get loses, never said TE didn't need to improve now did I

Guest dog14787
He has a better excuse than that, Snert is his so-called Offensive Coordinator. A bowl of vanilla pudding is harder to defend against than Snert's offense.

not more bad pudding B-)