Interesting Statistic.

murra

Just some interesting statistics...

JP Losman in 2006 threw for 19 Touchdowns.

In 23 career starts, Trent Edwards has thrown for 18.

I know, I know... JP got sacked all the time. He couldn't throw the ball away, etc. I'm not making a pro-JP Losman argument here.

What I'm hoping some of you may start to realize though, is that Trent has NEVER been able to convert drives into points. It's not his thing. So, while this pre-season scoring drought continues, realize this.. It's going to continue.

I know, I know... JP got sacked all the time. He couldn't throw the ball away, etc. I'm not making a pro-JP Losman argument here.

What I'm hoping some of you may start to realize though, is that Trent has NEVER been able to convert drives into points. It's not his thing. So, while this pre-season scoring drought continues, realize this.. It's going to continue.

He didnt put up big numbers in College either with only one 300 yard passing game in college...its nothing new with him...

JP got sacked 47 times in 2006. Big Ben got sacked 46 times last year (and 47 in 2007). The TD thing is interesting, if not sad.

Basically, Trent has been living off the fumes of his first-ever series, against the Patriots, which resulted in a TD. Since then, it's been a whole lot of nothing. This IS his last chance to be a starting QB.

JP got sacked 47 times in 2006. Big Ben got sacked 46 times last year (and 47 in 2007). The TD thing is interesting, if not sad.

Basically, Trent has been living off the fumes of his first-ever series, against the Patriots, which resulted in a TD. Since then, it's been a whole lot of nothing. This IS his last chance to be a starting QB.

Yeah, but I'll let you in on another little secret. Everyone ranted and raved initially about Trent's mental ability... How come they both share a 1:1 TD to interception ratio?

Basically, Buffalo... you ranted, you raved, you complained because you were downright fed up with sacks. In return, you've received less sacks. But also no scoring.

I realize its certainly not all this simple. There are so many more factors, and JP is gone, and clearly not the answer... I just have no idea why people have decided to criticize one below average quarterback (that actually was able to perform at least one average season), and embrace the other. It's weird, to say the least.

Yeah, but I'll let you in on another little secret. Everyone ranted and raved initially about Trent's mental ability... How come they both share a 1:1 TD to interception ratio?

Basically, Buffalo... you ranted, you raved, you complained because you were downright fed up with sacks. In return, you've received less sacks. But also no scoring.

I realize its certainly not all this simple. There are so many more factors, and JP is gone, and clearly not the answer... I just have no idea why people have decided to criticize one below average quarterback (that actually was able to perform at least one average season), and embrace the other. It's weird, to say the least.

It's the backup QB syndrome, coupled with that first-ever TD drive, and a sprinkling of him being a 3rd round pick that Bill Walsh talked-up. He showed promise at the beginning of last season, but I think the concussion killed his confidence (and potentially his career), much like a batter who takes a beanball to the head and can't stand in the batter's box any more.

I think it's because JP's mistakes usually resulted in turnovers, where Trent's mistakes just turn into punts(or field goals). Not sure which is worse.

I think it's because JP's mistakes usually resulted in turnovers, where Trent's mistakes just turn into punts(or field goals). Not sure which is worse.

That's not true actually. Trent has thrown for an equal (ratio-wise) amount of interceptions. It's just another misconception that began when when everyone decided one day that JP's sacks are flat-out unacceptable (which they were).

That's not true actually. Trent has thrown for an equal (ratio-wise) amount of interceptions. It's just another misconception that began when when everyone decided one day that JP's sacks are flat-out unacceptable (which they were).

Trent actually has more turnovers than TD's when you add in all his fumbles...he is a fumbling machine

They may be equal ratio-wise, but (and I'm just going from what my memory is telling me) not point-in-the-game wise. The big games that Trent lost, the last plays were missed field goals(Dallas, Denver, Cleveland,..). The big games JP lost ended with him just making bad decisions, putting the final nail in the coffin. Again, it might be false, but this is how I remember it.

They may be equal ratio-wise, but (and I'm just going from what my memory is telling me) not point-in-the-game wise. The big games that Trent lost, the last plays were missed field goals(Dallas, Denver, Cleveland,..). The big games JP lost ended with him just making bad decisions, putting the final nail in the coffin. Again, it might be false, but this is how I remember it.
comparing how these two quarterbacks lost is just flat out pathetic

I don't think that is an accurate statement....Trent has had some really good games (or parts of games). I'm not being an apologist, but I think your statement has swung overwhelmingly negative. Think of the Raiders game last year, the Chargers game, the Seahawks game, the Broncos game. Those were won by a guy who managed the game well, kept some key drives alive, etc. JP was a first quarter TD machine, but was horrifying in the 4th quarter when the game was on the line.

the concussion..