Brodie Croyle or Tyler Thigpin

It seem that the KC Chiefs have an extra QB they might not want to carry, there have already been talks about a trade between the Jags and Chiefs over Thigpin for a 4th rd pick and the Chiefs want a 3rd for him.

After watching Edwards play so badly against the Steelers and Packers, do the Bills FO make a move to getting another QB?

Either of those two I mentioned could start and play well, or push Edwards into playing well. Either way, I think it would be in the Bills best interest to pull the trigger on a trade asap

Trent Edwards went 6-of-13 for 31 yards and also threw an interception on Saturday against the Steelers.

Edwards finished his game with a 21.0 passer rating. The Bills' offense has struggled this preseason. In four games, Buffalo's starters have compiled only 303 yards, 15 first downs, a field goal, and five turnovers.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

The Eagles might be letting A.J. Feeley go because they signed Vick, on the other hand Mike Vick not looking to bad right now. Jeez,could the Bills use a guy like Vick?

I really don't think it's worth pursuing another mediocre QB right now. It'll just give more excuses to keep spinning our wheels. I'm not saying that Croyle/Thigpen/Feeley are definitely going to be worse than Trent, I just don't think they're going to be what gets us into the playoffs.

It seem that the KC Chiefs have an extra QB they might not want to carry, there have already been talks about a trade between the Jags and Chiefs over Thigpin for a 4th rd pick and the Chiefs want a 3rd for him.

After watching Edwards play so badly against the Steelers and Packers, do the Bills FO make a move to getting another QB?

Either of those two I mentioned could start and play well, or push Edwards into playing well. Either way, I think it would be in the Bills best interest to pull the trigger on a trade asap

Trent Edwards went 6-of-13 for 31 yards and also threw an interception on Saturday against the Steelers.

Edwards finished his game with a 21.0 passer rating. The Bills' offense has struggled this preseason. In four games, Buffalo's starters have compiled only 303 yards, 15 first downs, a field goal, and five turnovers.

The Eagles might be letting A.J. Feeley go because they signed Vick, on the other hand Mike Vick not looking to bad right now. Jeez,could the Bills use a guy like Vick?

Edwards has sucked but I don't think those guys are any better.

Yes I will take them both. From what I saw of Thigpen last season, which was not much, I loved. I think he could be good. But honestly he only has to beat out Hmaden to improve the Bills so I vote YES. PS ANY QB in the NFL would suck on our team.

Considering that they don't know how much time Cassel is going to miss, I doubt the Chiefs are in a trading mood at the moment.

But I'll tell you the same thing I told Sully in his chat on Friday: if the Vikings were inclined to let him go instead of Tarvaris Jackson, I'll take Sage Rosenfels here in Buffalo, right now. Would he make the Bills a playoff team? Doubtful... but at this point, I'd settle for competence.

I really don't think it's worth pursuing another mediocre QB right now. It'll just give more excuses to keep spinning our wheels. I'm not saying that Croyle/Thigpen/Feeley are definitely going to be worse than Trent, I just don't think they're going to be what gets us into the playoffs.

Well Said. If I were Ralph, I would cut all the dead weight before the first game and save up for a legitimate GM/Coach. This year is a unique situation where TO basically sold out all the games. Take advantage of that and cut Kelsay, Schobel, Denney, Walker, Whitner, Reed, and any other veteran who can be replaced by a younger player that wouldn't cause a gaping hole. Maybe the Bills win 4 games instead of 6 or 7, but the young guys get experience, TO provides the entertainment on the field, and Ralph saves $20m plus that can go towards a real GM/Coach.

You know while we all nitpick over the players, we lose sight of what is really wrong with the Bills...Coaching. It doesn't matter who we have on this team, piss-poor coaching will ruin even the best player. Nothing changes until we get a good head coach. Is Ralph Wilson capable of finding that man? His track record says no.

PTR

i'd take tyler thigpen in a heartbeat.

If you recall last seasons game against the Bills, Thigpin looked good to me. While the score was 51-31 Bills, Thigpin looked pretty good against that rolling Bills defense that could do no wrong that day. Granted the guy had Tony Gonzalaz to throw to,who is now a Falcon.

You know while we all nitpick over the players, we lose sight of what is really wrong with the Bills...Coaching. It doesn't matter who we have on this team, piss-poor coaching will ruin even the best player. Nothing changes until we get a good head coach. Is Ralph Wilson capable of finding that man? His track record says no.

PTR

While I agree that any QB put behind that rebuilt Bills O line will most likely fail, Thigpin played behind last years crappy Chiefs O line and managed 17 TDs and 12 INT's and managed to generate an actual passing offense.Thigpin or Croyle will push Edwards like JP did to perform better as he knows Jauron won't bench him for Fitzy,even though he should.

I also agree that the current coaching staff is mostly clueless on how to build and run a decent offensive system and will need to be replaced before the Bills find any success on a football field.

I get the distinct impression Jauron wants to lose and wants to get fired so he can sit back and do nothing and still get paid. Why did he promote Schonert and Kugler from within a crappy system and on defense he went out and hired a very experienced veteran D line coach?

Dude, forget the playoffs!!!

PLAYOFFS...PLAYOFFS...In Jim Mora's voice.

Have you watched the O line play? Have you watched the QB play? Have you watched the lack of a running attack?

From what I witnessed from the starting offense against the Packers and Steelers, this current team won't win more then 3 games and those will be by pure luck and defense.

you can add the Pats to those pursuing Thigpen - now that Brady has been knocked out again.

Well Said. If I were Ralph, I would cut all the dead weight before the first game and save up for a legitimate GM/Coach. This year is a unique situation where TO basically sold out all the games. Take advantage of that and cut Kelsay, Schobel, Denney, Walker, Whitner, Reed, and any other veteran who can be replaced by a younger player that wouldn't cause a gaping hole. Maybe the Bills win 4 games instead of 6 or 7, but the young guys get experience, TO provides the entertainment on the field, and Ralph saves $20m plus that can go towards a real GM/Coach.

Your drunk right? How about just selling out to Toronto while your at it. Cut everyone and pick up all rookies!!!!!!!!!!!! Kelsay and Denny sure, Reed? You forget that the chances of TO staying a Bill next year I like winning the Lotto. It could happen, but don't bet on it. Some where in this post someone said that they think it starts with coaching. That is a perfect statement. Edwards also needs to get head out of bung hole. He is the leader of the Offense. When I compare him to other QBs in the league, I see his lack of confidence that he has in himself. The Bills made him the starter. They picked him to lead the team. He needs to check his butterflies and fears at the gate. He needs to start showing confidence in the O-line, however good they are.

you can add the Pats to those pursuing Thigpen - now that Brady has been knocked out again.

Tom Brady is fine,nothing serious to his shoulder, but the Pats just released their 2nd string QB who was drafted to take Brady's place some day.

O'Connell cut by Pats:

A third-round choice in 2008, O'Connell was the leading candidate to be Tom Brady's backup this season after the departure of Matt Cassel. The timing of the release was particularly surprising considering Brady's right shoulder injury Friday night against the Redskins.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...tory?id=4432734

Now with O Connell gone it sure looks like the Pats will be looking at QB's with only Andrew Walter and Brian Hoyer as back ups still on the roster.

Tom Brady is fine,nothing serious to his shoulder, but the Pats just released their 2nd string QB who was drafted to take Brady's place some day.

O'Connell cut by Pats:

A third-round choice in 2008, O'Connell was the leading candidate to be Tom Brady's backup this season after the departure of Matt Cassel. The timing of the release was particularly surprising considering Brady's right shoulder injury Friday night against the Redskins.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...tory?id=4432734

Now with O Connell gone it sure looks like the Pats will be looking at QB's with only Andrew Walter and Brian Hoyer as back ups still on the roster.

Hmmmmm, Wasn't Ko Simpson a #3 pick? Say what you will about NE (Cheatriots, etc), but they have the stones to admit a mistake and move on.