I am going to back this team to the end....but something

I am going to back this team to the bitter end.......even if they dont win a single game this year.

But that may in fact what it might take to get the ship in the right direction.

- I was all for this coaching staff to be fired at the end of last year......I was furious when they did not but I still supported my team. If we have a horrible season there is no doubt this coaching staff will be gone. Maybe even more then that and we actually get a football man in charge of things in the process. I would rather take that chance then continue this trend of middle of the road/just below middle of the road seasons with no playoffs. This coaching staff MUST go....everyting that is supposed to be a positive about DJ that we keep hearing about from different sources is actually a negative. His players love him? Maybe that is true because he doesn't get in anyones ass when he needs to. He prepares his teams.....really? What is with all the mental mistakes we have seen so far. He delegates this his assistants? His assistants are not getting it done......a lot of people are saying that this is just preseason.....well in reality it is not. How many games did we lose at the end of last year?

- There are some guys on this team that are not playing at the level of pay/where they were drafted. Two of my biggest grips are Chris Kelsay and Donte Whitner. Kelsay was given a big contract extention and he does NOTHING for this team. there is virtually nothing he gives that would not get from one of the younger guys. He cannot stop the run.....he cant get any pass pressure....NOTHING. Whitner is one of those players that if he had very good players around him he would also be a good player but right now he is looking like an average player on a below average team. HE DOES NOT MAKE PLAYS.

- What is interesting is that next year when a new coaching staff is place they might look like geniouses when they actually may not be.......our rookie guards will be better with a year under their belt.....there is the D. Bell at LT factor......Ellison will hopefully be gone......

We may need to go through a horrific season in order to be in a position to draft a QB who can make the plays AND he will need a coaching staff that wont want him to ignore his wide receivers and constantly throw to his running backs. The throws to the RB's are supposed be a change up NOT the main staple of an offense.

Next year is supposed to be a good year to take a QB......this may be what will actually happen. I will stick with this team and support them....but if this is what needs to happen then so be it. i am tired of missing the playoffs.

And yes I know it is just preseason......but I am seeing NOTHING that would convince me this team is going to suddenly have the light turn on and start winning games.

Agreed...

I'm still a bit ticked off Ralph gave us another Year of Dead Dick...But maybe in the long run it will be for the best...Especially if the Bills get in position to Draft a QB high...I know that is rediculous talk with one Pre Season Game left, but oh well...I've seen all this before from Jauron Coached Teams...I don't see any miracles aroung the corner...They will play soft, they will look lost and unprepared, they will struggle running the football with consistancy, they will struggle stopping ANYONE on 3rd Down, they will get killed by 3-4 Teams...It's all the same...Even most of the Names...

So hopefully We get a REAL NFL Head Coach next Year, and maybe they bring the 3-4 back to Buffalo...I think Maybin will make a great 3-4 OLB, maybe put Ellis on the other side...They'll need a NT but I think Stroud would fit great as a DE in the 3-4...So sure We'll have some pieces...We have Running Backs, we just need a Head Coach who understands that in Buffalo NY You HAVE to be able to Run the Ball...Everyone remembers the K-Gun but do they remember the Bills running for over 300 yards in a Playoff Game???? Run the damn Ball...This No-Huddle stuff without the ability to Run the Ball consistantly is a complete joke...

Anyway... :thumbsup:

As bad as I think it'd have to get to see DJ fired, I still don't think there will be a shake up in the front office. For whatever strange reason, the inner-circle consisting of RW and Littman have put their eggs in the Russ Brandon basket.

It's been said ad nauseam on this board, but I'm beginning to think the only thing which will change things would be a huge drop-off in season ticket sales. The catch remains that many fans are fearful of losing their team, and like Jerry Sullivan points out, they buy season tickets to guard against that tragedy. Unfortunately, mediocrity is the result.

TD was a failure, but his terrible run should not prevent RW from hiring someone and giving them the keys to the kingdom. Plenty of solid football men are out there who can turn this team around, so long as the owner and his CFO/#2 consent to trusting someone. The Bills have a serious disease, and firing DJ would only be treating the symptom(s). A new GM who hires their own coach is what's called for. And I'm not talking about a former octogenarian head coach harkening back to the glory days or a marketing guy no more qualified to run a franchise than my local high school HC.

As bad as I think it'd have to get to see DJ fired, I still don't think there will be a shake up in the front office. For whatever strange reason, the inner-circle consisting of RW and Littman have put their eggs in the Russ Brandon basket.

It's been said ad nauseam on this board, but I'm beginning to think the only thing which will change things would be a huge drop-off in season ticket sales. The catch remains that many fans are fearful of losing their team, and like Jerry Sullivan points out, they buy season tickets to guard against that tragedy. Unfortunately, mediocrity is the result.

TD was a failure, but his terrible run should not prevent RW from hiring someone and giving them the keys to the kingdom. Plenty of solid football men are out there who can turn this team around, so long as the owner and his CFO/#2 consent to trusting someone. The Bills have a serious disease, and firing DJ would only be treating the symptom(s). A new GM who hires their own coach is what's called for. And I'm not talking about a former octogenarian head coach harkening back to the glory days or a marketing guy no more qualified to run a franchise than my local high school HC.

Russ sells tickets.

He isn't going anywhere.

Give him a solid #2 who is a football guy, and let him stay as nominal GM and keep... selling tickets.

The problem is DJ primarily here can be no question of that.

I am going to back this team to the bitter end.......even if they dont win a single game this year.

But that may in fact what it might take to get the ship in the right direction.

- I was all for this coaching staff to be fired at the end of last year......I was furious when they did not but I still supported my team. If we have a horrible season there is no doubt this coaching staff will be gone. Maybe even more then that and we actually get a football man in charge of things in the process. I would rather take that chance then continue this trend of middle of the road/just below middle of the road seasons with no playoffs. This coaching staff MUST go....everyting that is supposed to be a positive about DJ that we keep hearing about from different sources is actually a negative. His players love him? Maybe that is true because he doesn't get in anyones ass when he needs to. He prepares his teams.....really? What is with all the mental mistakes we have seen so far. He delegates this his assistants? His assistants are not getting it done......a lot of people are saying that this is just preseason.....well in reality it is not. How many games did we lose at the end of last year?

- There are some guys on this team that are not playing at the level of pay/where they were drafted. Two of my biggest grips are Chris Kelsay and Donte Whitner. Kelsay was given a big contract extention and he does NOTHING for this team. there is virtually nothing he gives that would not get from one of the younger guys. He cannot stop the run.....he cant get any pass pressure....NOTHING. Whitner is one of those players that if he had very good players around him he would also be a good player but right now he is looking like an average player on a below average team. HE DOES NOT MAKE PLAYS.

- What is interesting is that next year when a new coaching staff is place they might look like geniouses when they actually may not be.......our rookie guards will be better with a year under their belt.....there is the D. Bell at LT factor......Ellison will hopefully be gone......

We may need to go through a horrific season in order to be in a position to draft a QB who can make the plays AND he will need a coaching staff that wont want him to ignore his wide receivers and constantly throw to his running backs. The throws to the RB's are supposed be a change up NOT the main staple of an offense.

Next year is supposed to be a good year to take a QB......this may be what will actually happen. I will stick with this team and support them....but if this is what needs to happen then so be it. i am tired of missing the playoffs.

And yes I know it is just preseason......but I am seeing NOTHING that would convince me this team is going to suddenly have the light turn on and start winning games.

Kelsay or Denney really really should be cut now, I still think Schobel sucks and should be cut as well, but that has no chance. Hardy should be gone but that would be too much of an embarassment for the front office.

Kelsay or Denney really really should be cut now, I still think Schobel sucks and should be cut as well, but that has no chance. Hardy should be gone but that would be too much of an embarassment for the front office.

Why the hell should James Hardy be gone?

Because he doesn't look like Randy Moss in his second year, after missing the entire pre-season due to surgery???

Come on man, get real. Give the dude some time. ALL WR's need more than what he has gotten. Let him learn behind T.O. for the season and get fully recovered from his injury. The guy is huge with decent speed and good hands.

He will be a player. JUST GIVE HIM TIME! (and a QB who can throw him the ball)

What I have been saying for a couple seasons now. Honestly, I think this team would have righted the ship by now, had they kept TD another season... unfortunately, it seems the owner will never put that much trust in anyone again. This franchise needs someone with a clue, at the helm. TD made some bad moves, but I still prefer his method to what we have been seeing since he has been gone...