Anyone watch the Eagles play

And yet while he was here our line still sucked.

no he didn't, he was one of the best run blockers i ever saw, and he'll be missed. but at least raph kept those high motor guys kelsay and schobel to make up for it. too bad they suck

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy is an Eagles fan and he said that Peters is a very good run blocker and a average pass blocker from what he has seen so far. He said that even if he is hurt (I mentioned he was hurt in 2007 and 2008 with the Bills that gave him cause for concern) he doesn't look like he can be anything better than slightly above average pass blocker with Philly.

Personally I feel Peters will play well for them but that he won't be a stud. Guy is a somewhat injury prone LT who can dominate at run blocking and play OK against the pass To me thats not worth 11 million dollars. I think what really hurts Peters is that the Bills system really gave him the chance to develop his skills by being very simple and giving him help against better pass rushers.

In Philly they are counting on him being a Joe Thomas like LT who you can leave alone against the best pass rushers. Peters just isn't that guy (In 2007 he showed flashes of it but against the best the guys needs help once in a while and in 2008 he just wasn't that guy). To me the Bills got a fair shake not only did they get Eric Wood who looks like he can be a great guard for years to come they were able to get an extra pick to trade up for Levitre who can develop into a nice guard.

As for Philly they get a good but not great LT for the 28th pick in the draft and a fourth round pick and 11 million dollars for them it wasn't a bad deal at all considering they needed a LT badly.

no he didn't, he was one of the best run blockers i ever saw, and he'll be missed. but at least raph kept those high motor guys kelsay and schobel to make up for it. too bad they suck

I meant McNally.

But at any rate, I didn't say 'he' sucked, but rather "the line".

Now on the flip side, will you admit they they may have had valid concerns regarding his work ethic, and maybe, just maybe were justified in not wanting to give him a giant contract? And that maybe, the Eagles who were the ones who made a stupid move with this trade.

Time will tell. At this point the deal is done so let's hope Wood and don't forget Nelson (who came from a Philly pick) continue to develop into solid players. If so, then who cares about Peters?

I fianlly watched the 1st half of the Philly game. As much as I want to say he sucked, he really looked pretty good. Much better than game #1. There was only one play where McNabb was pressured from Peters side and that was more due to the RB not picling up a second rusher on that side.

PTR

I have the game on my Tivo but I'm too busy to watch it right now. I was hoping someone would offer some comments on how Jason Peters performed last night. (I know the focus was all on Vick.) Did Peters play or was he held out again?

PTR

I watched the game with Jaguars announcers down here in Fla., which included former left tackle Tony Boselli.

Boselli basically called out Peters when asked if the trade plus the contract extension was worth it for the Eagles.

He said they did it based on his performance from 2-3 years ago and they are gambling that he will return to that form this year.

He stated that not only was he out of shape last year because of contract proiblems, but that Peters' technique had markedly declined as well, and its a huge risk that the Eagles have taken.

And yet while he was here our line still sucked.

Absolutely true.

I'm sick of the previous posts in which we (TSW) are all put down because we aren't football experts or aren't paid commentators.

I have two eyes and a brain and Peters sucked last year.

Absolutely true.

I'm sick of the previous posts in which we (TSW) are all put down because we aren't football experts or aren't paid commentators.

I have two eyes and a brain and Peters sucked last year.

he wasn't as good last year, yet he was still the best player on the line

he wasn't as good last year, yet he was still the best player on the line

Actually, taking the entire 16 game season into account I would say Walker actually played the best overall. But of course, being best on a line that had such stand-outs like Duke Preston, Melvin Fowler, and Derrick Dockery is like coming in 1st in the Special Olympics.

Funny part is I forgot he played for Eagles. The whole Vick thing with them made me forget they had Peters too. When I turned on Game and realized it was Eagles playing, I turned it off, as I do anytime sports shows start promoting Vick. The sports writers and announcer's seem to talk about him like some sort of hero who is getting a bum rap lately, to point I cant even watch NFL network or Sportscenter anymore.

My buddy is an Eagles fan and he said that Peters is a very good run blocker and a average pass blocker from what he has seen so far. He said that even if he is hurt (I mentioned he was hurt in 2007 and 2008 with the Bills that gave him cause for concern) he doesn't look like he can be anything better than slightly above average pass blocker with Philly.

Personally I feel Peters will play well for them but that he won't be a stud. Guy is a somewhat injury prone LT who can dominate at run blocking and play OK against the pass To me thats not worth 11 million dollars. I think what really hurts Peters is that the Bills system really gave him the chance to develop his skills by being very simple and giving him help against better pass rushers.

In Philly they are counting on him being a Joe Thomas like LT who you can leave alone against the best pass rushers. Peters just isn't that guy (In 2007 he showed flashes of it but against the best the guys needs help once in a while and in 2008 he just wasn't that guy). To me the Bills got a fair shake not only did they get Eric Wood who looks like he can be a great guard for years to come they were able to get an extra pick to trade up for Levitre who can develop into a nice guard.

As for Philly they get a good but not great LT for the 28th pick in the draft and a fourth round pick and 11 million dollars for them it wasn't a bad deal at all considering they needed a LT badly.

Hmmm?

We left Peters alone on the edge with no help.

Philly is going to help him. They won't leave him alone on the edge.

Which is probably a lot of the reason that he is still picking things up there.

Funny part is I forgot he played for Eagles. The whole Vick thing with them made me forget they had Peters too. When I turned on Game and realized it was Eagles playing, I turned it off, as I do anytime sports shows start promoting Vick. The sports writers and announcer's seem to talk about him like some sort of hero who is getting a bum rap lately, to point I cant even watch NFL network or Sportscenter anymore.

Seriously, too many people are on their high horse about Vick. I'm a prosecutor...have been for over 7 years now. Day in and day out, I send people to prison for crimes ranging from stealing a car right on up to attempted murder. These guys go in, do their time, and come out and do the same sh-- over and over again, sometimes they do worse. Give Vick some credit for trying to resume a normal life and make something of himself instead of being some low life convicted felon who continues a life of crime. He looked more comfortable that Edwards out there on the passes he threw.......... Oh, and Peters sucks.

Seriously, too many people are on their high horse about Vick. I'm a prosecutor...have been for over 7 years now. Day in and day out, I send people to prison for crimes ranging from stealing a car right on up to attempted murder. These guys go in, do their time, and come out and do the same sh-- over and over again, sometimes they do worse. Give Vick some credit for trying to resume a normal life and make something of himself instead of being some low life convicted felon who continues a life of crime. He looked more comfortable that Edwards out there on the passes he threw.......... Oh, and Peters sucks.

considering that you are a lawyer, i'll take your opinion for what it's worth (nothing)

Would've sucked a lot more if someone else had been coaching it.

:lol::lol: it still :wallbash: sucked .....

You basically said that bein 7-9 and not making the playoffs is better than being 5-11 and not making the playoffs.

Technically yes but what the :unsure: is the difference? Your losing team is slightly better than another losing team ... now there is something to brag about.

Most convicted felons don't stroll out of the pen and land ANOTHER huge sum of money. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to get what he can, but lets not act like he picked himself back up by the boot straps.

Well not like he isn't trying to do same day job as before he went in. He just lied and covered up the criminal portion of his life. I will be very happy if he doesn't resume bankrolling criminal activities, but doesn't mean want to have sports show hosts shove his every move down my throat and hear about how great a guy he is, and how great he always has been. News flash, I watch sports center to see news on what happened in sports, not how many times he popped his head out the window while he was on house arrest, or how his bankruptcy case is going. I probably wouldn't have cared what he did when got out of slammer before he became the guy that everyone loves and is so misunderstood. Now I am so sick of hearing about how unfair it is for him, and hope he fails miserably so don't have to see them talk about him like a fallen god anymore.