When will Harris Replace Ellison?

PDaDdy

Ellison isn't quite as bad as some people say but I definitely want to see an upgrade at the position. I was hoping for opening day but we know the coaching staff has veteran man love. I'm realistically hoping that they give him the start after the bye week.

We probably have to many young guys on defense to screw with them but I would like us to show a few 3 - 4 looks. If not for anything else it's good for the offense to see some basic 3 - 4 looks.

Ellison isn't quite as bad as some people say but I definitely want to see an upgrade at the position. I was hoping for opening day but we know the coaching staff has veteran man love. I'm realistically hoping that they give him the start after the bye week.

We probably have to many young guys on defense to screw with them but I would like us to show a few 3 - 4 looks. If not for anything else it's good for the offense to see some basic 3 - 4 looks.

Any day after yesterday is not soon enough.

Any day after yesterday is not soon enough.

Lol. I kind of agree. The kid looks great imho. Where I will say that it looks like his game is lacking is understanding the complete defense. I only recall him missing one assignment on defense on a long pass to a Green Bay TE. The "listed" weights don't seem to support it but this guy already looks bigger than Ellison. I heard that supposedly Harris didn't lift weights for size in college because he was already a huge safety. With a little work from a professional weight and conditioning staff his guy could easily play in the 240's if not low 250's like POZ. He's a rook so he will naturally gain weight anyway. He also seems to play faster and more aggressively than Ellison does and he seems to always somehow be around the ball often making a play.

I was almost pissed off when Ellison made that great 4 and 1 play against Green Bay because that will be fuel for the coaches to delay the emergence of Harris.

If Harris seems to have a good understanding of the defense and has strong performances in the next 2 games I don't see how they could justify him not starting. He's active in coverage, gets after the ball carrier, and throws all his weight behind hits. Ellison gets worked over by blockers, isn't that great in coverage, and isn't a very consistent tackler. I don't see how he should keep the rook off the field.

If Harris seems to have a good understanding of the defense and has strong performances in the next 2 games I don't see how they could justify him not starting. He's active in coverage, gets after the ball carrier, and throws all his weight behind hits. Ellison gets worked over by blockers, isn't that great in coverage, and isn't a very consistent tackler. I don't see how he should keep the rook off the field.

Man I would love for you to be right. I just get the feeling though that if Harris doesn't get any first team defensive reps this week or next week it won't happen until later in the season at best. To me the week after the bye week is the week to do it because you have 2 weeks to coach the guy up and prep for the upcoming opponent.

Excelling in practice is one thing, excelling in preseason with the second team defense is another but when the games count for real is a completely different thing. I hope he continues to impress and look good.

The question should read, "Why hasn't the staff announced Harris as the starter yet?"

Assuming Ellison starts, it's just another example of how poorly this team is coached, and while I want to blame the coordinators, they aren't the boss of themselves. It's getting old...

A lot of us clueless fans thought Greer looked great (and Freddie Jackson too), but they were keeping vets ahead of him until the injury John from Hemet pointed out.

It seems our staff is afraid of talent if they're young and undrafted.

Ha I remember wanting to rip my hair out when A-train got that start on Monday night against the Cowboys.

And the Greer thing was rediculous. Fans at Saint John Fisher new Greer was special from the start but somehow the whole Bills coaching staff missed it. I'm sure it will be no different with Harris.

Ha I remember wanting to rip my hair out when A-train got that start on Monday night against the Cowboys.

And the Greer thing was rediculous. Fans at Saint John Fisher new Greer was special from the start but somehow the whole Bills coaching staff missed it. I'm sure it will be no different with Harris.

And I think the front office missed it by not re-signing him this off season....He was a play maker on the defense that did not have a pass rush.