Fine added to list of players out vs. Steelers

Lori

http://www.wgr550.com/Owens-runs-routes-wi...eivers-/5095079

Orchard Park, NY (WGR 550) --

Terrell Owens took the next step in practice as he came out with his helmet and took his turn running routes with the receivers during individual drills. He watched the rest of practice giving encouragement to the first team offense. Dick Jauron said, "He looked good to me. We'll have to see how he tolerates it. Just kind of, as we said through the whole process, we move forward, we see how he feels, how he does just like we would anybody else and he was really pushing to get on the field. And watching him, he looked like he moved well. He clearly won't play this weekend. We've already made that decision, but that was a good sign. Now we'll just see how he feels." Owens won't play Saturday in Pittsburgh, but the question to Jauron is will he be full go in practice next week, "The answer really is that he's got to see how he feels and our medical staff has to see how he feels and examine it and all those things. We'll see. I think anything obviously is possible, so I would say it's a possibility."

Others who won't play Saturday are Fred Jackson, Drayton Florence, Aaron Schobel, Demetrius Bell, Travis McCall, Lydell Sargeant and Derek Fine who missed practice with a hamstring problem. Jauron said Bell is still week to week.

(more at link)

Since there seems to be some unknown difficulty in adding Paul Hamilton's practice reports to the news feed on the front page, figured I'd post a heads-up here. Also found this interesting from yesterday's recap:

http://www.wgr550.com/Jackson-has-no-breaks/5086057

The team practiced in the rain except for maybe the last 25 minutes. Jauron said, "It wasn't raining quite that hard when we went out. And you never know what it's going to do here. Snow-wise and wind-wise, and cold weather-wise, we have no idea what it's going to do early in the season and we can easily get rain. It's certainly not as much like in the old days we used to work with a wet ball a lot. You don't do that anymore because really the teams and the league in general is so good at keeping a fresh and generally dry ball on the field, but the footing and how you compete, how you back pedal, how you turn and plant dry, cutting. You have to work on those things because it's not easy. I thought it was really a good day for us. We just moved the last period of the day inside primarily because as it went on it was raining hard for a good deal of the practice, the field got more and more slick and that was a pressure period. You can get a lot of bodies in close proximities there. We didn't want anybody slipping at all, but in that period, really we wanted to make sure, so that was good."

I usually don't do this, but I tracked Trent Edwards once the rain got harder. Edwards has always had trouble in games when there was precipitation. He went 8-of-16 with one interception by Bryan Scott. He had at least three balls go right through receivers hands. The defense had other picks from Ko Simpson, Reggie Corner and Ellis Lankster.

http://www.wgr550.com/Owens-runs-routes-wi...eivers-/5095079

Since there seems to be some unknown difficulty in adding Paul Hamilton's practice reports to the news feed on the front page, figured I'd post a heads-up here. Also found this interesting from yesterday's recap:

This may give Stupar his shot against a first team defense. Good be blessing in disguise.

This may give Stupar his shot against a first team defense. Good be blessing in disguise.

Read somewhere that he's leading the league in receptions. Wonder if the extra game has anything to do with that?

Irregardless, I would also like to see him get some more reps along with Nelson.

I thought Jauron was a puscatore of a coach who didn't have his players practice in tough conditions?

They still don't:

The team practiced in the rain except for maybe the last 25 minutes. Jauron said, "It wasn't raining quite that hard when we went out.... We just moved the last period of the day inside primarily because as it went on it was raining hard for a good deal of the practice, the field got more and more slick and that was a pressure period. You can get a lot of bodies in close proximities there. We didn't want anybody slipping at all, but in that period, really we wanted to make sure, so that was good."

They still don't:

The team practiced in the rain except for maybe the last 25 minutes. Jauron said, "It wasn't raining quite that hard when we went out.... We just moved the last period of the day inside primarily because as it went on it was raining hard for a good deal of the practice, the field got more and more slick and that was a pressure period. You can get a lot of bodies in close proximities there. We didn't want anybody slipping at all, but in that period, really we wanted to make sure, so that was good."

So you're saying you'd prefer to have the team practice the blitz period outside in the rain? Personally, I'd prefer to avoid acl tears...

Guest dog14787
Read somewhere that he's leading the league in receptions. Wonder if the extra game has anything to do with that?

Irregardless, I would also like to see him get some more reps along with Nelson.

A little, if I remember correctly Stupar had 4 receptions for 36 yards in the hall of fame game.

Yup, I also hope Stupar gets some snaps with the starters.

I'd rather Trent Edwards be somewhat effective when it rains / snows. Not very likely to happen when he's not practicing in it.

I don't know that this should be done during this particular part of practice, though, was the point.

We all know Trent should be outside throwing the ball in rain/snow as much as possible, but I agree that it shouldn't be done with 21 other guys on the field, during pre-season practices no less.

There are safer ways of getting Edwards some "elements" time without risking injury to our players...

I don't know that this should be done during this particular part of practice, though, was the point.

We all know Trent should be outside throwing the ball in rain/snow as much as possible, but I agree that it shouldn't be done with 21 other guys on the field, during pre-season practices no less.

There are safer ways of getting Edwards some "elements" time without risking injury to our players...

But do you think he is actually GETTING those bad weather reps n the safer time?