A bit of the AFL's legacy

Beerball

Nice job, JW.

Doug Tucker, our AP Sports Writer in Kansas City, wrote the piece, and a tough job that was considering all the information he had to cram in. Mr. Wilson got 12 minutes to sum up 50 years, and Doug got 1,500 words to do the same.

I merely contributed a few bonmots from Mr. Wilson and Al Davis.

jw

ADD: funny, on this website, byline is stripped and yet the contributing tag stayed in. again, credit to Doug for writing it.

"You'd go to cocktail parties back in those days and they looked at me, `What kind of a dope are you? ... ?" recalled Wilson. "I'd be standing in a corner having a drink by myself."

Funny stuff!

Good read.

"Hey what's wrong with standing in a corner drinking by yourself?"

Regards,

Losers at the clubs standing along the wall because they are scared to death to talk to women

WAR to Hesitrent Edwards throwing a ball more than 5 yards in the air this season

Doug Tucker, our AP Sports Writer in Kansas City, wrote the piece, and a tough job that was considering all the information he had to cram in. Mr. Wilson got 12 minutes to sum up 50 years, and Doug got 1,500 words to do the same.

I merely contributed a few bonmots from Mr. Wilson and Al Davis.

jw

ADD: funny, on this website, byline is stripped and yet the contributing tag stayed in. again, credit to Doug for writing it.

No question that is a tough job. Trying to write something like that in only 1,500 words is a daunting task, to say the least. It would still be tough to do at ten times that length.

Nice job, DT.

that is mildly bizarre

I know you've mentioned this before...but how do sites get away with not citing the author? (all that sentence needed was a George Seifert at the airport sighting)