Broncos

Chiefs

Redskins

Vikings

Panthers

Bucs

Rams

Bills

Out of these teams, which do you think will finish worse than the Bills? I would say Dolphins, Browns, Jags, Chiefs and maybe Rams and Tampa (Depending on our home opener). Now, I really am hoping for the best this season but i am having a hard time getting past our coaching staff and GM (or lack there of).

How many top flight QBs are coming out of the draft this year (I pray this won't even be a concern in 20 weeks). I'm just sayin'....if there is a new coaching staff and Edwards does not pull through this, it is very possible that QB could be taken with a top 10 pick. What would the best options be and who would you hope for?

The verdict is still out on Edwards so this is just something to get the wheels turning until season starts

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dolphins- they like Chad Henne and wont draft a qb 1st rd next year

Browns - they have 2 high paid qb's right now and wont take one in the 1st

Jags - they wont finish worse than the bills

Broncos- tough to call, depends on how the chiefs and raiders are, they may finish better than the bills by default

Chiefs- good with what they have in thigpen, croyle and big money guy cassell

Redskins- probably a 7,8 or 9 win team so better than the bills

Vikings- much better than the bills

Panthers- supposedly delhomme has a few yrs left so they might not take qb that early

Bucs- When will the revolving door stop at the QB Position? may pick before the Bills

Rams - Might be better than last year but how much is the question... i would guess they would draft QB as well if high

If the Bills are as bad as they could be they might have their pick of qb's. I think Tebow is going to cost a lot and teams may actually trade up to get him. He will be the most highly toughted #1 pick in years.

If they don't get Tebow there could possibly be 3 other options in McCoy, Bradford and Clausen.

Broncos- tough to call, depends on how the chiefs and raiders are, they may finish better than the bills by default

Panthers- supposedly delhomme has a few yrs left so they might not take qb that early

Bucs- When will the revolving door stop at the QB Position? may pick before the Bills

Rams - Might be better than last year but how much is the question... i would guess they would draft QB as well if high

If the Bills are as bad as they could be they might have their pick of qb's. I think Tebow is going to cost a lot and teams may actually trade up to get him. He will be the most highly toughted #1 pick in years.

If they don't get Tebow there could possibly be 3 other options in McCoy, Bradford and Clausen.

I think I have my eye on McCoy. I was thinking Tebow was the wildcard here. Aren't many people saying that he is the big question mark for NFL ready play. Either way, I will be watching QBs very closely this year on the college level.

The cynicism on this board regarding the upcoming Bills season based on a few pre-season games in unfathomable! Jacksonville, Denver, Tampa Bay- do you really think these teams are going to be better than the Bills this year? What if they had played really well against Green Bay last week, would people be picking them to go to the playoffs? THE LIONS WON ALL FOUR PRE-SEASON GAMES LAST YEAR!

The skepticism on this board regarding the upcoming Bills season based on a few pre-season games in unfathomable! Jacksonville, Denver, Tampa Bay- do you really think these teams are going to be better than the Bills this year? What if they had played really well against Green Bay last week, would people be picking them to go to the playoffs? THE LIONS WON ALL FOUR PRE-SEASON GAMES LAST YEAR!

Like I said - for arguments sake. I don't think it is too far fetched to think that there are going to be some MAJOR changes if this team does not make strides this year. I thought it would be an interesting topic with some what ifs in there.

I am REALLY trying to be as positive about this season as possible and I can assure you, this has NOTHING to do with pre-season games.

Cross the following teams off your list -

Miami - they drafted Henne last year and are high on him

Jacksonville - Garrard got huge bucks a year ago and is still young. He's not going anywhere

Kansas City - see jacksonville, but replace Garrard with Cassel

Cleveland - they spent a 1st rounder in '07 on a QB, and mangina is a new coach. Both Quinn and mangina will have a few years to prove themselves

Tampa - they just spent a 1st rounder on Josh Freeman this year. They aren't taking another next season

Realistically, if the Bills need a 1st round QB next year, they'll be competing with the Rams and Redskins.

From all that I have read, Bradford is going to be the 1st qb taken, followed by Mccoy/Snead(ole Miss Qb) & then Tebow. Claussen is only a junior this year. I will be very surprised if he comes out after this year. Really have not been impressed with him so far.

From all that I have read, Bradford is going to be the 1st qb taken, followed by Mccoy/Snead(ole Miss Qb) & then Tebow. Claussen is only a junior this year. I will be very surprised if he comes out after this year. Really have not been impressed with him so far.

I think Snead will surprise and be the #1 QB taken next year. tebag could go mid first round, but he could also drop to round 2-3.

The Bills have a very tough schedule and I do not think they will be a .500 team. With that said come years end, I expect Dick and his staff to be gone. There will be a new head coach in place before the draft, therefor I beilieve Mr. Edwards days are numbered, and the Bills will draft a QB. A new coach is most likely going to want his own QB not some scrub want to be, with a fragile head and noodle arm.

Cross the following teams off your list -

Miami - they drafted Henne last year and are high on him

Jacksonville - Garrard got huge bucks a year ago and is still young. He's not going anywhere

Kansas City - see jacksonville, but replace Garrard with Cassel

Cleveland - they spent a 1st rounder in '07 on a QB, and mangina is a new coach. Both Quinn and mangina will have a few years to prove themselves

Tampa - they just spent a 1st rounder on Josh Freeman this year. They aren't taking another next season

Realistically, if the Bills need a 1st round QB next year, they'll be competing with the Rams and Redskins.

Now that is the answer I was looking for - nice work!! looks like a win win situation this year folks!!

The cynicism on this board regarding the upcoming Bills season based on a few pre-season games in unfathomable! Jacksonville, Denver, Tampa Bay- do you really think these teams are going to be better than the Bills this year? What if they had played really well against Green Bay last week, would people be picking them to go to the playoffs? THE LIONS WON ALL FOUR PRE-SEASON GAMES LAST YEAR!

If the cynicism were based on only a few preseason games, it would be silly but the truth is, there is a lot more to base our worries on than these glorified scrimmages. Our pessismism is also based on the reality of how they finished the season last year, the reality that they are taking no less than 5 gambles on the offensive line and that their top pick missed all of camp. Add in the departure of Peters and Marshawn's suspension and there are plenty of reasons for people to be legitimately worried about this year. The preseason games could have helped to calm those fears but instead, they have exacerbated them.

Certainly, you can spin each one of those factors into something positive but just as certainly, reasonable minds can legitimately cite them as a rational basis for being very concerned that this simply is not our year. So please don't characterize everyone who sees this as something other than a playoff year as being negative nancys or nervous nellies foolishly overreacting to the preseason games.

You don't have to agree that this will be a difficult year but allow us the courtesy to disagree without being insulted by our fellow fans. Perhaps you have never, in the history of being a fan of this team, expressed concern about a player, a coach or a front office decision but if you have, you should understand the current view by many that, though we hope otherwise, this is more likely to be a tough year than a playoff year.

I think Snead will surprise and be the #1 QB taken next year. tebag could go mid first round, but he could also drop to round 2-3.

Right now Snead would be my choice. Something with bradford rubs me the wrong way. Everytime I watch him his receivers are usually so wide open that it is tough to get a gage on how good he is. Tebow is the wild card in this whole thing. Everytime I watch him he looks like he will do anything on the field in order to win. I could see though where his mechanics, slow release, arm strength does not translate well into the NFL game. That being said I would not have a problem with the Bills drafting him in the 1st round. I personally think he is going to be a decent qb. Either way, it is going to be a top heavy draft on qbs next year. My guess is that was the driving force behind the decisions of Sanchez/Stafford declaring early. Both of those qbs I think are going to be big time flops, especially Sanchez.

If the cynicism were based on only a few preseason games, it would be silly but the truth is, there is a lot more to base our worries on than these glorified scrimmages. Our pessismism is also based on the reality of how they finished the season last year, the reality that they are taking no less than 5 gambles on the offensive line and that their top pick missed all of camp. Add in the departure of Peters and Marshawn's suspension and there are plenty of reasons for people to be legitimately worried about this year. The preseason games could have helped to calm those fears but instead, they have exacerbated them.

Certainly, you can spin each one of those factors into something positive but just as certainly, reasonable minds can legitimately cite them as a rational basis for being very concerned that this simply is not our year. So please don't characterize everyone who sees this as something other than a playoff year as being negative nancys or nervous nellies foolishly overreacting to the preseason games.

You don't have to agree that this will be a difficult year but allow us the courtesy to disagree without being insulted by our fellow fans. Perhaps you have never, in the history of being a fan of this team, expressed concern about a player, a coach or a front office decision but if you have, you should understand the current view by many that, though we hope otherwise, this is more likely to be a tough year than a playoff year.

They were 7-9 last year (granted, against an easier schedule than this year appears to be). They have a very young team and lost only one player of any significance (Greer was good, but McKelvin will be better this year). Aside from Peters, the rest of the offensive line could/should be improved. Hangartner should be a marginal upgrade, Wood should be a significant upgrade right away and Brad Butler was pretty good against the run last year and is going back to his natural position. They added TO, which should open things up. Poz looks like did a bunch of steroids in the offseason, which should help him improve. I'm excited about adding something new to the ridiculously stale three-white man DE rotation and I expect Maybin and/or Ellis to contribute this year. OLB is a question mark, but I think Harris will win the job by Week 2. Overall, the defense was already average last year (with zero pass rush) and has another year of experience under their belts. They certainly have one of the better CB groups in all of football. Not to mention the best special teams in all of football. Bottom line is, I live in Denver and the original post basically grouped the Bills in the same category as the Broncos and that's simply not being objective. The Broncos had an historically bad defense last year and now, are in complete and utter disarray on offense as well. Maybe if people didn't live in a Bills bubble all the time, they would realize that, especially in this era of FA, every team has question marks and isn't locked and loaded at every position. Dude, the Bucs are gonna absolutely suck this year. Peace I'm outta here.

Who said anything about preseason? As I read in some article Edwards is about as ineffective as you can be for completing all of the passes he does. 11 TDs and 10 INTs last year I think it was. He needs to show some SERIOUS improvement specifically in getting the offense to put TDs on the board until we can say this guy will be our QB in 2010.

Dolphins

Browns

Jags

Broncos

Chiefs

Redskins

Vikings

Panthers

Bucs

Rams

Bills

Out of these teams, which do you think will finish worse than the Bills? I would say Dolphins, Browns, Jags, Chiefs and maybe Rams and Tampa (Depending on our home opener). Now, I really am hoping for the best this season but i am having a hard time getting past our coaching staff and GM (or lack there of).

How many top flight QBs are coming out of the draft this year (I pray this won't even be a concern in 20 weeks). I'm just sayin'....if there is a new coaching staff and Edwards does not pull through this, it is very possible that QB could be taken with a top 10 pick. What would the best options be and who would you hope for?

The verdict is still out on Edwards so this is just something to get the wheels turning until season starts

LMAO at this list...most of these teams will not be looking for a QB next year, especailly early

Dolphins - Already have a QB of the future behind Pennigton

Browns - Are you for real? They already have two

Jags - They have Gerrard who is good enough that they wont draft a QB early...more like a WR

Broncos - Outside chance is Orton falls flat, but I doubt it

Chiefs - Are you for real with this one too? They have Cassel they just paid a butt load of money and Thigpen behind him

Redskins - Campbell is a promising young QB already, so unless he has a horrendous year I doubt they would

Vikings - They traded a high pick for Sage who likely takes over after Farve and they likely wont pick before Bills anyway

Panthers - Delhomme is the man there and wont be gone next year

Bucs - Man you are killing me...they just drafted a QB in the first round this year...lmao hardest at this one

Rams - They possibly could as an heir apparent to Bulger, but I doubt it...they have way too many other holes

Bills - 50-50 shot...it all depends on Trent on whether he falls flat on his face this year or makes strides

They were 7-9 last year (granted, against an easier schedule than this year appears to be). They have a very young team and lost only one player of any significance (Greer was good, but McKelvin will be better this year). Aside from Peters, the rest of the offensive line could/should be improved. Hangartner should be a marginal upgrade, Wood should be a significant upgrade right away and Brad Butler was pretty good against the run last year and is going back to his natural position. They added TO, which should open things up. Poz looks like did a bunch of steroids in the offseason, which should help him improve. I'm excited about adding something new to the ridiculously stale three-white man DE rotation and I expect Maybin and/or Ellis to contribute this year. OLB is a question mark, but I think Harris will win the job by Week 2. Overall, the defense was already average last year (with zero pass rush) and has another year of experience under their belts. They certainly have one of the better CB groups in all of football. Not to mention the best special teams in all of football. Bottom line is, I live in Denver and the original post basically grouped the Bills in the same category as the Broncos and that's simply not being objective. The Broncos had an historically bad defense last year and now, are in complete and utter disarray on offense as well. Maybe if people didn't live in a Bills bubble all the time, they would realize that, especially in this era of FA, every team has question marks and isn't locked and loaded at every position. Dude, the Bucs are gonna absolutely suck this year. Peace I'm outta here.

Actually, you need to re-read the original post...the grouping of teams I had was not to say they are of equal talent but of equal need for a QB. That is why Denver and Buffalo are together.

LMAO at this list...most of these teams will not be looking for a QB next year, especailly early

Dolphins - Already have a QB of the future behind Pennigton

Browns - Are you for real? They already have two

Jags - They have Gerrard who is good enough that they wont draft a QB early...more like a WR

Broncos - Outside chance is Orton falls flat, but I doubt it

Chiefs - Are you for real with this one too? They have Cassel they just paid a butt load of money and Thigpen behind him

Redskins - Campbell is a promising young QB already, so unless he has a horrendous year I doubt they would

Vikings - They traded a high pick for Sage who likely takes over after Farve and they likely wont pick before Bills anyway

Panthers - Delhomme is the man there and wont be gone next year

Bucs - Man you are killing me...they just drafted a QB in the first round this year...lmao hardest at this one

Rams - They possibly could as an heir apparent to Bulger, but I doubt it...they have way too many other holes

Bills - 50-50 shot...it all depends on Trent on whether he falls flat on his face this year or makes strides

Wow, take a step back their buddy. The only real argument you have here is the Bucs. You think the QB of the future for Miami is Pennington...uhhhhh OK. You don't think the Jags would take a shot at a potential Franchise QB if they had the chance. The Chiefs are not even sure if Cassel is going to be the starter as of last week.. Looks like the Vikes are really sold on Sage...ummm, no. Panthers are going to need a successor. The others you admitted as a possibility and the Bucs I admitted as wrong. Is it still all that funny?

They were 7-9 last year (granted, against an easier schedule than this year appears to be). They have a very young team and lost only one player of any significance (Greer was good, but McKelvin will be better this year). Aside from Peters, the rest of the offensive line could/should be improved. Hangartner should be a marginal upgrade, Wood should be a significant upgrade right away and Brad Butler was pretty good against the run last year and is going back to his natural position. Maybe if people didn't live in a Bills bubble all the time, they would realize that, especially in this era of FA, every team has question marks and isn't locked and loaded at every position. Dude, the Bucs are gonna absolutely suck this year. Peace I'm outta here.

Young Team + Bad/Low budget Coaching + 10 Years of mediocre/bad football + Bad offensive line= Pessimism

Sorry for being logical.

Take the emotion out of it. Do the math. This team has and is going to suck hard core. Add in the fact that everyone in our division is better than us, it doesn't look good. But the thought of finishing so bad that we get a kick ass qb in the draft is intriguing and something I hadn't thought of yet. Problem is were still left with a bad owner and apparently bad coaching. Sigh. Like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Only more of the same