RIP Ted Kennedy

Buftex

Becausre I am not THAT compulsive! :unsure:

Dude... Let the liberal hate go! I know you were young and impressionable during the whole late 1960's, early 1970's. That you had to watch a lot of smelly hippies frolicking in the mud or getting shot on campus. You and Cincy should get a two for one deal on a "couch trip." You in the Cincy, OH/Covington, KY area? I hear Cincy doesn't like to travel by that new fangled device they call a horseless carriage. Carriage, horseless? Hogwash!

:lol:

Dude...so where was you went to major in Stupid? :lol:

See, just when I was ready to give you the benefit of the doubt, just beginning to think, 'Hey, maybe the guy's not retarded...' :w00t:

(What with this "Dude" schitt anyway? What an absolutely ridiculous, stupid-sounding, intellectually-vapid vernacular your age-group affects, no?)

Of what 'liberal hate' is it you speak? You know nothing of my political leanings - or personal sentiment - so why shoot your mouth off in such an ignorant manner? KNOW, before you speak - otherwise, you come off like Tennessee Boy.

FYI, in the late '60s and early 70s I was in grade school. And in the first Presidential election in which I was old enough to vote, I was actually supporting - get this - TED KENNEDY - in his primary battle against the incumbent President, an incompetent peanut farmer from Georgia. (Not that hard to fathom, really, when you consider that unemployment hovered around 10%, inflation near 14%, interest rates at 21%, and 53 Americans had been held hostage in Iran for well over a year.) And Ted was leading in all the polls - right up until the day he declared his candidacy!

Watching Kennedy self-destruct, in one of the most incompetent campaigns I've ever seen, led me to read everything I could get my hands on about the jerk. The more I read, the more I wanted to know - not just about him, but the whole Kennedy myth. Naturally, the more I learned, the more disgusted I became. Eventually I came to understand how charlatans like the Kennedys can captivate the imagination of a unknowing, hero-starved electorate, and how rhetoric is sometimes an effective substitute for substance and results.

And, since I wasn't about to vote for Carter (for reasons already mentioned), after Kennedy flamed-out I voted for Reagan.

BTW - the last time I had to put up with smelly hippies frolicking in the mud was some time around 1996 in Golden Gate Park where time has apparently stood still since 1967. Now I just have to put up with smelly, unwashed, uneducated, inarticulate millenials and echo boomers with lousy taste in fashion and music, and an overabundance of piercings and tatoos. :wallbash:

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude...so where was you went to major in Stupid? :unsure:

See, just when I was ready to give you the benefit of the doubt, just beginning to think, 'Hey, maybe the guy's not retarded...' :lol:

(What with this "Dude" schitt anyway? What an absolutely ridiculous, stupid-sounding, intellectually-vapid vernacular your age-group affects, no?)

Of what 'liberal hate' is it you speak? You know nothing of my political leanings - or personal sentiment - so why shoot your mouth off in such an ignorant manner? KNOW, before you speak - otherwise, you come off like Tennessee Boy.

FYI, in the late '60s and early 70s I was in grade school. And in the first Presidential election in which I was old enough to vote, I was actually supporting - get this - TED KENNEDY - in his primary battle against the incumbent President, an incompetent peanut farmer from Georgia. (Not that hard to fathom, really, when you consider that unemployment hovered around 10%, inflation near 14%, unemployment 21%, and 53 Americans had been held hostage in Iran for well over a year.) And Ted was leading in all the polls - right up until the day he declared his candidacy!

Watching Kennedy self-destruct, in one of the most incompetent campaigns I've ever seen, led me to read everything I could get my hands on about the jerk. The more I read, the more I wanted to know - not just about him, but the whole Kennedy myth. Naturally, the more I learned, the more disgusted I became. Eventually I came to understand how charlatans like the Kennedys can captivate the imagination of a unknowing, hero-starved electorate, and how rhetoric is sometimes an effective substitute for substance and results.

And, since I wasn't about to vote for Carter (for reasons already mentioned), after Kennedy flamed-out I voted for Reagan.

BTW - the last time I had to put up with smelly hippies frolicking in the mud was some time around 1996 in Golden Gate Park where time has apparently stood still since 1967. Now I just have to put up with smelly, unwashed, uneducated, inarticulate millenials and echo boomers with lousy taste in fashion and music, and an overabundance of piercings and tatoos. :wallbash:

Until this thread I thought your disdain for Teddy was only due to your allegiance to Cornell and his attendance at Haaahvaard.

Dude ( :wallbash: ) where is Marv Levy and he wants part of his post back:

Let me guess, you are against backward baseball hat wearing too!

Anyway.

You are walking contradiction... See the red highlighted part of your quote above.

Until this thread I thought your disdain for Teddy was only due to your allegiance to Cornell and his attendance at Haaahvaard.

No. His distain for Teddy was that he didn't bring Sens version of:

...charlatans... that can captivate the imagination of a unknowing, hero-starved electorate, and how rhetoric is sometimes an effective substitute for substance and results.

So he voted for one of the biggest charlatans (an actor by trade) of all time: Ronald Reagan!

:wallbash::unsure:

Holy what a complete tool Sen is Batman!

No. His distain for Teddy was that he didn't bring Sens version of:

...charlatans... that can captivate the imagination of a unknowing, hero-starved electorate, and how rhetoric is sometimes an effective substitute for substance and results.

So he voted for one of the biggest charlatans (an actor by trade) of all time: Ronald Reagan!

:ph34r::thumbsup:

Holy what a complete tool Sen is Batman!

Politics aside, Sen's passion on the topic is pretty clear. Not much that any of us can say to cause that fire to cool down.

BTW - for what it is worth I voted for Ronnie twice. He offered the country hope. Remember times were very bleak during peanut boy's years.

Also for what it is worth it is sad to see how this country is so dug into the left or the right. IMO it has caused far too many to shut off their brains in favor of a given party line. I just wish people would take a step back and think on their own before they simply jump left or right.

The world is far bigger than extreme views on either side would leave you to believe.

BTW - for what it is worth I voted for Ronnie twice. He offered the country hope. Remember times were very bleak during peanut boy's years.

Hope for what, he killed on beast rather rapidly (USSR) and de-polarized world stability for the mess we have now. Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease.

:ph34r:

Hope for what, he killed on beast rather rapidly (USSR) and de-polarized world stability for the mess we have now. Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease.

:thumbsup:

Time for a :ph34r: but yes I suppose you could argue that the world was much simpler when all we had to do was hate the Ruskies and live in fear that they might annihilate us at any moment. Now we get to hate many countries (a religion perhaps), a sentiment broadly reciprocated, as we act like robots walking barefoot through what is hailed as security before we fly.

Once again, people forgot to think. Did we really believe it was proper to sacrifice personal freedoms, go to war with two countries and create much more government in response to the twin towers? It was a horrible event but our over the top reaction to it is even worse.

This coming from someone who voted for Bush twice BTW. That I regret (other than the Dems offered no options), voting for Ronnie twice I do not.

I'm off to spend some time with Mrs. Buffalo Bill. We'll soon have all of this figured out. Cheers :thumbsup:

Also for what it is worth it is sad to see how this country is so dug into the left or the right. IMO it has caused far too many to shut off their brains in favor of a given party line. I just wish people would take a step back and think on their own before they simply jump left or right.

The world is far bigger than extreme views on either side would leave you to believe.

:ph34r: By far,the wisest statement in this entire thread!

I would think it is the other way... The people in the middle are the problem... After 8 years of one party, then 8 years of the next, now 4 of the Dems again. People are polarized alright, that isn't the problem. The problem is the middle and we will surely be back to the republicans when the middle gets dissatisfied.

Again... Too many people flip flopping toward the best "sales pitch." Your right, they simply jump right or left. If everybody polarized like you said, things would shake out. Again, the middle is the problem... The fickle few in the middle.

I would think it is the other way... The people in the middle are the problem... After 8 years of one party, then 8 years of the next, now 4 of the Dems again. People are polarized alright, that isn't the problem. The problem is the middle and we will surely be back to the republicans when the middle gets dissatisfied.

Again... Too many people flip flopping toward the best "sales pitch." Your right, they simply jump right or left. If everybody polarized like you said, things would shake out. Again, the middle is the problem... The fickle few in the middle.

LOL few? Try around a third of the country.

Okay... I was giving BB the benefit of doubt that many were polarized. The middle is then an even bigger problem. We are not as polarized as we think.

No it is the fringe element that is the issue IMO. You have say 10% (complete made up number for now) on each side that influences both parties. The people in the middle aren't presented with any other choice, yet you claim they are the issue because of "flip flopping"?

You mean like $7T $8T $9T federal budget deficit projections for the next 10 years?

Well, at least I admitted it off the bat (the numbers are fairly close though).

This link should suffice for your political leanings.

In 2009, 40% percent of respondents in Gallup surveys that have interviewed more than 160,000 Americans have said that they are either “conservative” (31%) or “very conservative” (9%). That is the highest percentage in any year since 2004.

Only 21% have told Gallup they are liberal, including 16% who say they are “liberal” and 5% who say they are “very liberal.”

Awesome news (for you) as it indicates there are more crazy conservatives than crazy liberals.

No, actually those aren't my political leanings. Tho I kind of think your linking of my politics with those is an indication of your own leanings :ph34r:

If you're not with us you're against us, right

I admit, I have some liberal lean. It wouldn't be the first time I have done so. Can you admit your own bias?

That's a bad example. Targeting blzrul vs Wacka is like asking if it's easier to piss in a toilet or urinal. There's no excuse for missing either

Tho IMO nozzlenut is a more entertaining target because she is so self-rightous

I actually agree somewhat, but she has occasional points. Wacka is just regurgitating Limbaugh, Hannity, and sadly now Beck.

I gave Molsen, blzrule, and pBills crap. Can you say the same for the conservative loons?

In any case, step off my argument when I am trying to pick a fight with a liberal. :ph34r::thumbsup: