RIP Ted Kennedy

Buftex

;)

I am relieved to know that. B-)

However, I still fail to see what 17-year-old Laura Welch's driving record (she was not a Bush at age 17) has to do with this discussion. Did she leave the scene, orchestrate a cover-up, give false testimony, or otherwise withhold evidence?

You do admit that Kennedy DID do all those things, yes?

Did ted kennedy go through an unobstructed stop sign to "happen" to kill an ex-lover? Frankly I am willing to give Ms. Welch (Bush) the benefit of the doubt and move on. Others choose not to at least as it relates to Kennedy. I'll chose to remember the good he did...and apparently that is the way most feel. Hell..even George W. Bush AND Laura came to his funeral to honor him.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did ted kennedy go through an unobstructed stop sign to "happen" to kill an ex-lover?

Of course not - he drove his ex-lover off a bridge and left her to drown. Geez, we've been discussing this for pages, and for days - do you also suffer from short-term memory in addition to your ADD? ;)

Frankly I am willing to give Ms. Welch (Bush) the benefit of the doubt and move on.

There you go again - trying desperately to drag the Bush name into a Kennedy thread, while yourself acknowledging that Laura Welch, at the age of 17, was NOT a Bush. In fact, she didn't met 'W' until she was THIRTY ONE YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell..even George W. Bush AND Laura came to his funeral to honor him.

Yeah - and did you notice that, out of all the Kennedys at that service, Patrick Kennedy is the only one that looks like Tip O'Neill?

(I wonder what Joan was doing, one night in October of 1966? B-) )

So . . . if no one is complaining then Title IX is probably a widely accepted and well crafted law. Thanks for making my point.

Yeah. Can't be that it doesn't affect most people in their day to day lives or that the media largely ignores things that are obviously wrong with decidedly liberal legislation.

Nah. It's got to be that the law is swell. It's nice to know that your stupidity isn't limited solely to PPP.

Of course not - he drove his ex-lover off a bridge and left her to drown. Geez, we've been discussing this for pages, and for days - do you also suffer from short-term memory in addition to your ADD? :lol:

There you go again - trying desperately to drag the Bush name into a Kennedy thread, while yourself acknowledging that Laura Welch, at the age of 17, was NOT a Bush. In fact, she didn't met 'W' until she was THIRTY ONE YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah - and did you notice that, out of all the Kennedys at that service, Patrick Kennedy is the only one that looks like Tip O'Neill?

(I wonder what Joan was doing, one night in October of 1966? ;) )

A ctually, I'm not dragging Ms. Welch (Bush) into anything and only mention it when you continue to johnny one note the chappaquidick incident. The point is people do things that are questionable and we should give them the benefit of the doubt and move on. What part of "move on" don't you understand?

Nice comment about Patrick Kennedy and nice piling on of Joan Kennedy....but hey..its a free country.

Yeah. Can't be that it doesn't affect most people in their day to day lives or that the media largely ignores things that are obviously wrong with decidedly liberal legislation.

Nah. It's got to be that the law is swell. It's nice to know that your stupidity isn't limited solely to PPP.

And THAT's from a man who really knows stupid! ;)

A ctually, I'm not dragging Ms. Welch (Bush) into anything and only mention it when you continue to johnny one note the chappaquidick incident.

Double your ADD dosage. Are you suggesting someone else brought Laura Welch into the thread, and keeps trying to associate an accident - which occurred 14 years before she met 'W' - with the Bush name? I'm not sure what to suggest f

The point is people do things that are questionable and we should give them the benefit of the doubt and move on.

You're saying the killing someone, trying to flee the scene, then staging a cover-up to get away with vehicular homicide and a slew of other charges, is a 'simple human failing'? Merely something that is "questionable behavior"? They should get the "benefit of the doubt" How much of that "benefit of the doubt" would you so generously offer to , say, Cheney, or Bush - who's names you also dragged into this thread about Ted Kennedy?

Nice comment about Patrick Kennedy and nice piling on of Joan Kennedy....but hey..its a free country.

Says the guy who dragged a 17-year-old girl's unfortunate accident into a thread about Ted Kennedy.

What part of "move on" don't you understand?

Sorry pal - no free passes for murder. And I'll 'move on' when I feel like it. Like you said, it's a free country.