whitner assures team will be ready

bigskyfan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pull the broken glass away from your trachea, TSW.

Say it with me: zero TD's scored by the first team offense in more than a half of football. It's the pre-season, but we are allowed to draw conclusions when the starters are not as good as other team's starters.

Regardless of whether you're willing to admit it, there are similarities between the post-season and regular season.

Didn't he have issues. The Bills passed on him. Their nuts

Ngata didn't have issues, the Bills had issues they didn't think a huge DT was a good fit for the Tampa 2 even though Ngata was very quick for a 6, 4 1/2 in 340+lbs DT- and the Bills thought that safety was the key position for running the Tampa 2.

What I never understood was one of the stated reasons to go to the Tampa 2 was it allowed teams to play good defense without huge athletic DTs and shut down corners - but we had big athletic DTs Williams, Adams, and could have drafted Ngata we also had some pretty good corners- just one of many Bills mysteries which include having two QBs who main asset was the deep ball and trying to convert them to dink and dunk players- now they have a QB who dinks and dunks and they pay a long ball WR big money- the Bills would have converted Babe Ruth into a bunter base stealer.

Firstly, they have practiced against a 3-4 during TC, just not predominately.

Secondly, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, and it's exactly what they should be doing. TC has less to do with preparing the starters for the season than it does re-ordering your depth charts, which means your own guys have to know YOUR defensive packages at this point in the year more so than the starters need to know your future opponents'.

Pull the broken glass away from your trachea, TSW.

They have been using it in practice? Has this been stated by anyone? It seems that the starting QB and head coach think otherwise. Trent admitted not seeing any scout team defense in training camp as did Jauron according to a Tim Graham blog.

As for the whole conept of using TC just to re-order depth charts I'd have to 100% disagree when talking about a team with thrice consecutive 7-9 seasons and a complete inability to deal with the 3-4 defense. If this team is using TC to just have a good look at the 2nd and 3rd stringers then there is an implied acceptance of the garbage heap which is the current first team. Maybe the Colts, Pats and Eagles are afforded this luxury that you speak of but not Jauron's frequently mediocre Bills.

Bills went 1-8 last year against the 3-4, Bills go all of training camp without even facing so much of a look of the 3-4 defense. Bills face the 3-4 in preseason against the Packers and look horrible, even worse than last year. The problem has not even been freaking examined by the Dicktard.

While I do appreciate a well placed suicide reference I think most people here rightly see strong reason to have concern with appears to be yet another sub .500 season.

Donte "I just can't play in pass coverage" Whitner is going to tell us about ready? INTs and PDs do mean something, it means you play the ball rather than playing off the ball going for a tackle.

Just ask Ed "9 INTs" Reed and the Ravens that INTs mean little. They change the entire dimension and rhythm of a game and changes the momentum big time.

Makes me happy we got McKelvin if he improves because he's a ball hawk, so is Byrd if he sees the field.

Oh, and we should have traded or cut this bum Whitner at the end of last year. He brings nothing to the team except his mouth. I would have gotten rid of him for a 3rd rounder. The question is if someone misses the game does the team look different or play worse? Never felt that way with Whitner ever.

I have big a problem with this:

"A few players after practice Monday did say that Saturday’s game was a bit of a wake up call for those that have not seen as much of the 3-4 defensive front as many of the veterans that have been through the AFC East battles. This week with the starters expected to see their most extensive action, they may also get a few more scout team looks during the week for what Pittsburgh might have in store this weekend with a similar defensive front." from chris brown

By my count that would only be Wood & Levitre. Everyone else on the offensive 1st unit should have had plenty of live action vs a 3-4 defense.

Stop with the excuses. The offense played like crap and everyone made mistakes to contribute to the 1st half show of impotence.

Perhaps Whitner hasn't lived up to being the #8 overall pick. Common though, he is not worthless as many of you suggest. Maybe the reason that he hasn't made a ton of plays is because he has played such a variety of positions.

He is a natural leader and a very versatile player.

If there is one Bill that does read teis board, my guess is it would be Whitner.

Donte you are being called out big time, again, for another season.

Lets see if you can equal your CAREER total number of picks IN JUST THIS ONE season. 2 would be great production out of you.

Having a # 8 pick in the entire draft "not be horrible" is just not good enough!! That's exactly why the Bills are mired in mediocrity!

Perhaps if the BILLS had players in other positions they wouldn't have to use Whitner the way they do and he might make a few more plays. This team has a lot of problems but Whitner certainly isn't one of them.

Perhaps if the BILLS had players in other positions they wouldn't have to use Whitner the way they do and he might make a few more plays. This team has a lot of problems but Whitner certainly isn't one of them.

Gotta love the preseason. We run guys like Whitner and Schobel out of town, and fall in love with guys like Stupar and Bryan.

Gotta love the preseason. We run guys like Whitner and Schobel out of town, and fall in love with guys like Stupar and Bryan.

Don't worry, they'll tard up the regular season just fine as well. It's just part of what constitutes a "great" football fan in this era.

Whitner has been a decent player, but what exactly is he known for? Big hitter? Great in coverage? Ball hawk with great range? Excellent run support? I say none of the above. He supposedly fit the Tampa 2 scheme perfectly which was the reason he was drafted so high. Again, he's been pretty good... but in my mind the Return on Investment has not been there to date. He's certainly not the biggest problem on the Bills' D, but not at all an impact, difference making, game changing play maker as one should expect of a high #1 pick.

Cheers

Whitner has been a decent player, but what exactly is he known for? Big hitter? Great in coverage? Ball hawk with great range? Excellent run support? I say none of the above. He supposedly fit the Tampa 2 scheme perfectly which was the reason he was drafted so high. Again, he's been pretty good... but in my mind the Return on Investment has not been there to date. He's certainly not the biggest problem on the Bills' D, but not at all an impact, difference making, game changing play maker as one should expect of a high #1 pick.

Cheers

How many plays would any player make when the team is completely unable to put pressure on the QB under any circumstance?

There isn't a Safety in the National Football League who plays on an island and it's no secret that the best ones don't play on teams that don't have a single impact pass rusher.

Virtually ALL turnovers and big plays on defense are the result of pressure or disruption on the opposite side of the line of scrimmage. The BILLS get virtually no penetration whatsoever when they rush 4. NONE. The fact that the BILLS get almost no interceptions in the center of the field is not a coincidence.

Whitner is known for playing his position while most of the guys around him are getting blown the !@#$ up. And our fan base blames him for circumstances that are obviously (to football people) beyond his control.