Bye Bye Schoebel and Kelsay

I bet you're wishing you could delete THIS post of mine, as well, don't you, you petulant child. All I need to see to know that I know more about football than you is your adoration of Aaron Schobust. So lick it.

I don't adore him, I just think he's a decent player who can do a bunch of different things fairly well.

And he's also a stand up guy who works his ass off, keeps his mouth shut and has given this team an incredible number of strong snaps over the last 8 years.

But when know-nothing asshats like you start ragging on him after he's been such a quality guy for so long, and it's very obvious that you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, I have no problem with calling you on it and hoping others recognize you for what you are.

And I could delete this post but it's not my thread so I wouldn't. All I ask for in exchange for my time as a moderator is that on the rare occasion that I do start threads, they stay on topic and remain free of clueless loudmouths like yourself. I don't think that's too much.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't adore him, I just think he's a decent player who can do a bunch of different things fairly well.

And he's also a stand up guy who works his ass off, keeps his mouth shut and has given this team an incredible number of strong snaps over the last 8 years.

But when know-nothing asshats like you start ragging on him after he's been such a quality guy for so long, and it's very obvious that you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, I have no problem with calling you on it and hoping others recognize you for what you are.

And I could delete this post but it's not my thread so I wouldn't. All I ask for in exchange for my time as a moderator is that on the rare occasion that I do start threads, they stay on topic and remain free of clueless loudmouths like yourself. I don't think that's too much.

Clueless loudmouths = people who think Simon is a whiny blowhard and hate his arrogant ass more than papercuts under their fingernails.

And he's also a stand up guy who works his ass off, keeps his mouth shut

It was common knowledge in the local media that Aaron Schobel was unhappy when Chris Kelsay got his contract extension a year or so ago. Schobel had three years left on his deal, but he didn't care to come into camp unless he was the highest-paid guy on the defensive line. He had an existing deal. But the Bills got a deal done that made Schobel the highest-paid pro athlete in Buffalo history. Schobel came to camp, knowing a deal was imminent. He said it was essentially done before camp, though it wasn't announced until late last August.

Stand-up guy, indeed.

It was common knowledge in the local media that Aaron Schobel was unhappy when Chris Kelsay got his contract extension a year or so ago. Schobel had three years left on his deal, but he didn't care to come into camp unless he was the highest-paid guy on the defensive line. He had an existing deal. But the Bills got a deal done that made Schobel the highest-paid pro athlete in Buffalo history. Schobel came to camp, knowing a deal was imminent. He said it was essentially done before camp, though it wasn't announced until late last August.

Stand-up guy, indeed.

After what he'd produced for teh Bills would making less than freaking Kelsay been even remotely acceptable?

And did he miss camp? Or did he show up and put in yet another 16 game season while giving the Bills as many tough snaps as anybody on this team.

Yet you want to constantly rag on him and run him out of town w/o even knowing what's happening on the field.

It says a lot more about the kind of "guy" you are than the kind of player he is.

After what he'd produced for teh Bills would making less than freaking Kelsay been even remotely acceptable?

And did he miss camp? Or did he show up and put in yet another 16 game season while giving the Bills as many tough snaps as anybody on this team.

Yet you want to constantly rag on him and run him out of town w/o even knowing what's happening on the field.

It says a lot more about the kind of "guy" you are than the kind of player he is.

I see that you've resorted to ad-hominem attacks now. Sad...

He didn't miss camp, because apparently, he was promised a deal that included a nice, fat bump in salary.

If the douche fits......

Weak stuff, but par for the course.

Sad that you have to resort to name-calling whenever someone disagrees with your opinions (I see that you conveniently deleted the posts in which you referred to LvBills as a "self-important dickhead". I won't even comment on the irony there, but whatever).

One could only hope . Their play says it all. Slow and weak are not not what N F L D E `s are made of. Yes I have watched every game the last 3yrs and they sux. What can you do for me NOW is what I`m talking about. Schobel is constantly blocked one on one. And loses. No Beating his man right out of his stance ever. Chase or hustle sacks. Kelsay could not start for another team at DE. His sack totals in a 4-3 D are the worst ever by a Bill. Time for a change. What could it hurt?? :huh:

Sad that you have to resort to name-calling whenever someone disagrees with your opinions

There are several posters in the gameplanning thread who disagreed with me. But they somehow managed to do it w/o being dickheads and I happily responded in kind.

(I see that you conveniently deleted the posts in which you referred to LvBills as a "self-important dickhead. I won't even comment on the irony there, but whatever).

I'll repeat this for the reading impaired:

"All I ask for in exchange for my time as a moderator is that on the rare occasion that I do start threads, they stay on topic and remain free of clueless loudmouths like yourself. I don't think that's too much."

Schobel is constantly blocked one on one. And loses.

That's not even remotely true. Did you see how many times the LG peeled back to help out the Tackle with Schobel? It was significant.

No Beating his man right out of his stance ever. Chase or hustle sacks.

We need to replace him with somebody who doesn't chase or hustle so we can get some "real" sacks.

This isn't "your thread", e-tough guy.

Maybe that's why I haven't moderated it genius. :huh:

That's not even remotely true. Did you see how many times the LG peeled back to help out the Tackle with Schobel? It was significant.

We need to replace him with somebody who doesn't chase or hustle so we can get some "real" sacks.

Like the sack totals he has put up since his last contract .....GET REAL.. YOu are the biggest Homer I know. You must be related to Dick. I`m done with this topic. :huh:

Like the sack totals he has put up since his last contract .....GET REAL.. YOu are the biggest Homer I know. You must be related to Dick. I`m done with this topic. :huh:

schobel sucks, how many playoff games has he played in. how many sacks has he ever gotten when the score was close

There are several posters in the gameplanning thread who disagreed with me. But they somehow managed to do it w/o being dickheads and I happily responded in kind.

I'll repeat this for the reading impaired:

"All I ask for in exchange for my time as a moderator is that on the rare occasion that I do start threads, they stay on topic and remain free of clueless loudmouths like yourself. I don't think that's too much."

I agree with Simon that Shobel is a standup guy and not bad even good when he is healthy.

Of course he has the disadvantaqge of being completely exposed by the lack that is Kelsay; they can always key up on his side because Kelsays side NEVER needs more than one on one blocking to annhilate.

Get a push up the middle (stroud and McCaro this year?) and SOMETHIGN on the other side and you will see how good Shobel can still be.

We HAVE to get rid of Kelsay but, I have zero confidence that we will do.

• 4 weeks later...