Holy crap were they as bad as the box-score looks

sharper802

Just got home and saw the box score. I assume it looked as bad as the stats indicate. Is it too early to fire DJ and bring in Marty? He would have two weeks to fix some of this mess. Granted it will take three draft classes to undue Tom and Marv but it owuld be a start....

It was worse than we could discribe.You'll just have to watch the rerun....bring a barf bag. :sick:

I no, I no, its only preseason but I'm a little concerned that we are heading into our 4th game and the starting offense has yet to score a TD.

IT'S !@#$ING PRESEASON!!!!!! :sick:

I don't usually worry about preseason. BUT..., did you see the game? We looked absolutely putrid. And we've had one more game (and week of practice) than GB to get ready.

I'm not going to completely blame coaching, the way the played tonight, I don't think Lombardi's second coming could have made much of a difference. Unable to execute in any phase of the game. Marv used to say something like, if you run, block, pass, catch, tackle, and kick better than your opponent, you'll win. Tonight we saw what happens if you don't do any of those things at all.

I don't usually worry about preseason. BUT..., did you see the game? We looked absolutely putrid. And we've had one more game (and week of practice) than GB to get ready.

I'm not going to completely blame coaching, the way the played tonight, I don't think Lombardi's second coming could have made much of a difference. Unable to execute in any phase of the game. Marv used to say something like, if you run, block, pass, catch, tackle, and kick better than your opponent, you'll win. Tonight we saw what happens if you don't do any of those things at all.

No, I'll see the game tomorrow.

Still, I don't need to see the game to know that coaches game-plan in preseason to evaluate the individual talent on the roster, not against the opponent's talent. Bitching about not having a team ready for a game they weren't even trying to win and had no intention of being competetive in is completely ridiculous, even for people normally as ridiculous as the posters here.

Still, I don't need to see the game to know that coaches game-plan in preseason to evaluate the individual talent on the roster, not against the opponent's talent. Bitching about not having a team ready for a game they weren't even trying to win and had no intention of being competetive in is completely ridiculous, even for people normally as ridiculous as the posters here.

Not that there is any difference between poor, sloppy execution and lack of game planning.

Not sure if you were trying to reply to my post, or all posts in general, but I tried not to blame coaching, but piss poor execution. Our first sting players were not able to block, run, tackle, pass, catch, or kick, at all.

And it could have just been a bad game. We didn't have TO, or Maybin. I'm not ready to post that we're doomed. But it was really, really hard to watch.

As much as I honestly dislike DJ's coaching...IT'S !@#$ING PRESEASON!!!!!! :sick:

Have the Patriots with Brady ever EMBARASSED themselves like this in the preseason. I couldn't picture that happening. Even if the starters came out, they would berate the 2nd teamers to play for their lives, and regain some kind of diginity for the jersey. I believe they were trying hard, they just suck.

I don't think their athleticism is so far behind the Packers (or most other teams), but they aren't prepared.

Coaching.

Who's do you think is responsible for the cover 2 defense that's vastly under-sized and can't stop anyone? Who are the geniuses that thought Brad Butler can be a good RT? Or Langston Walker a good LT?

Our coaches, that's who! :sick: These guys are morons and their time will come to an end here in the near future and I can't wait.

Who's do you think is responsible for the cover 2 defense that's vastly under-sized and can't stop anyone? Who are the geniuses that thought Brad Butler can be a good RT? Or Langston Walker a good LT?

Our coaches, that's who! :sick: These guys are morons and their time will come to an end here in the near future and I can't wait.

I guess I can't win. As much as I didn't blame the coaches, did you hear me give a ringing endorsement of Jauron? People in this forum should probably ease off the caffeine, everyone seems to be a little jumpy. Understandable given that poor excuse for a football game.

I guess I can't win. As much as I didn't blame the coaches, did you hear me give a ringing endorsement of Jauron? People in this forum should probably ease off the caffeine, everyone seems to be a little jumpy. Understandable given that poor excuse for a football game.

It is just amazing how badly prepared they were.

We all heard about the weak practices in Rochester, now it comes home to roost.

I guess the walk through practices were just not sufficient.

Also, the D looked tired and so the the OLINE by the end of the first quarter. What happens when they have to play an entire game?

Isn't training camp to also get the strength and endurance up to par with the rest of the league? Our team looked considerably more pooped thatn GB.

We are looking fmore and more like Detroit '08.

And the blame goes 90% on coaching, and 10% on the FO.

No, I didn't hear a ringing endorsement of DJ and company, but you said a Lombardi incarnate type coach couldn't have made a difference, and I agree, but that's only because these guys were all brought in by this staff to run this staff's schemes, so there's no way we can avoid handing out blame to our coaches for today's performance.

No, I didn't hear a ringing endorsement of DJ and company, but you said a Lombardi incarnate type coach couldn't have made a difference, and I agree, but that's only because these guys were all brought in by this staff to run this staff's schemes, so there's no way we can avoid handing out blame to our coaches for today's performance.

Well, if you want to nitpick, you could blame the front office who actually decides which players we bring in (although obviously with DJ's input.) I'm not going to fault you for being mad at DJ and company (maybe you're referring to the front office there.) I'm still holding out some hope for the season, 'cause I think it's too early to give up, if only on principle.

Well, if you want to nitpick, you could blame the front office who actually decides which players we bring in (although obviously with DJ's input.) I'm not going to fault you for being mad at DJ and company (maybe you're referring to the front office there.) I'm still holding out some hope for the season, 'cause I think it's too early to give up, if only on principle.

The schemes dictate how you draft. I do however, blame the front office for this as well. After the melt down we went through last year, DJ should have been fired by the FO.

As far as holding out hope, "on principle only", as you put it, I feel you. I know where you're coming from and I respect it. Keep hope alive!

The schemes dictate how you draft. I do however, blame the front office for this as well. After the melt down we went through last year, DJ should have been fired by the FO.

As far as holding out hope, "on principle only", as you put it, I feel you. I know where you're coming from and I respect it. Keep hope alive!

It just seems they do stuff badly on purpose, all year long. Could they really BE that bad, these coaches and FO.

Drafting 3 dbs AGAIN?

Playing the cbs 10 yeards offr the line of scrimmage AGAIN?

Keeping Kelsay as a starter AGAIN?