Terrible Commercials

rockpile

I can't believe anyone who lives in the Buffalo area hasn't mentioned the Airport Plaza Jewelers commercials. They are an insult to the senses. I can't put in words how bad they are. During any given day if watching Time Warner Cable you are guaranteed to see the commercial several times...

I'll bet between every channel they appear on that the commercial is broadcast at least *100* times a day. I've watched Discover, AE, and History channel and have seen the commercial as many as two times per hour.

Low quality, UGLY chick in most of the commercials with crooked teeth dress as a CHICKEN --- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

That's pretty good, but the best used cars ad of all time is still

Great movie! :wallbash::devil: Haven't seen it in a very long time.

That's the way the guy really talks.

Disclaimer: I've never been to this store, but my wife has. Kim says it's every bit as "unique" as the commericals.

Ummmmm, ok.

Flea Market Montgomery

This is a REAL commercial

:unsure: What's up with that dudes eyes?

This thread is a keeper. Can a mod please pin this for posterity?

Oh fer cryin out loud. Lana gets all liquored up one night and you think it's real? :rolleyes:

I can't believe anyone who lives in the Buffalo area hasn't mentioned the Airport Plaza Jewelers commercials. They are an insult to the senses. I can't put in words how bad they are. During any given day if watching Time Warner Cable you are guaranteed to see the commercial several times...

I'll bet between every channel they appear on that the commercial is broadcast at least *100* times a day. I've watched Discover, AE, and History channel and have seen the commercial as many as two times per hour.

Low quality, UGLY chick in most of the commercials with crooked teeth dress as a CHICKEN --- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Reminds me of those Enzyte commercials with the nasty chick in them. :rolleyes:

Home security commercials. The intended victim[inevitably a woman] is at home near the front door. The would be bad guy kicks in the front door. The alarm goes off, and at that same moment the phone rings. The bad guy runs away like a scared rabbet. The would be victim instantly rush's upstairs to answer the phone, which of course is the concerned security company. I will stick with a .45, thank you.

The Free Credit Report commercials with the 20-something slacker singing/rapping/performing spoken verse "songs." Doesn't matter what I am doing, if any of those commercials come on, I change the channel (even to another channel showing a diffrent commercial). Can't stand that douche-nozzle...

Same here. Nothing worse than a dorky white guy rapping.

But the fact that the product is misleading and charges you for what you can get for free makes it even worse.

Home security commercials. The intended victim[inevitably a woman] is at home near the front door. The would be bad guy kicks in the front door. The alarm goes off, and at that same moment the phone rings. The bad guy runs away like a scared rabbet. The would be victim instantly rush's upstairs to answer the phone, which of course is the concerned security company. I will stick with a .45, thank you.

Yeah, I hate those commercials too. But my wife won't let me have a gun in the house. :rolleyes:

Notice they usually happen in broad daylight as well. Apparently they all live in Gary, IN or East St. Louis.

Yeah, I hate those commercials too. But my wife won't let me have a gun in the house. <_<

Notice they usually happen in broad daylight as well. Apparently they all live in Gary, IN or East St. Louis.

Well thats up to you, but if someone kicked your door in would you immediately rush to answer the phone? Most unrealistic commercial I have ever seen.

Yeah, I hate those commercials too. But my wife won't let me have a gun in the house. <_<

Well thats up to you, but if someone kicked your door in would you immediately rush to answer the phone? Most unrealistic commercial I have ever seen.

The scenario Jim describes is why I support the right to bear arms.

The days when someone DIDN'T kick in my door, but your crazy wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend/child/parent/friend/etc goes gaga (for whatever reason) when you least expect it, is why I understand TheFourHorsemen's wife's position.

Those fear based commercials sell a lot of systems though, I'd bet.

If they don't get an answer they'll dispatch the police right away. If, as they show in the commercial, the guy is scared off then they can answer the phone. Alarms are far more deterrents than of any real practical use. If a burglar sees you have an alarm system he'll probably just go on to the next house. If somebody wants to kill you they still can. Chances are they'll get in and get out before the cops arrive. The system will help the cops in determining the time of death though.

BTW, I've noticed none of the bad guy actors are black. Reverse discrimination? Fear of backlash?