I think our member ranking needs updating...

SDS

I like this, but would add one thing, only posts that are quoted count - to discourage inane posts just to increase post count

Nonsense. Many of inane posts are quoted - like this one!

The inane quoting feeds the trolls and prevents those who are trying to put people on ignore from ignoring.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely like the inability for new members to start a new thread for a bit. 25 posts?, but 50 wouldn't be so bad.

I'd also suggest allowing all members to see when a poster is on probation or whatever cautionary action the moderators may have taken. It would be nice to realize someone is about to be banned for posting crap.

I'd also be in favor of a moniker for posters that repeatedly fabricate sources in feeble attempts to scoop everyone with information they don't have. That way new posters could know Soprano was really clueless, for ex.

The suggested rankings seem fine. However, I'd say spread the post counts out more (or add a few more categories) I'd suggest keeping the top 2 or 3 rankings to the top 10% of current post counts (more or less).

my 2cent

they can stay the same, but I would argue the post counts need to change drastically.

and although we have not taken advantage of it, with increased ranking could come with "more privileges". What those would be - I don't know. :beer:

I'm not sure post count is SOOO important. Anyone can pad their post count. I don't post a lot, but I have been a member since 04, a LOT longer than many others on the board. Though I chose not to post a lot, I sign on every day, read near every article and follow the message board. I like the thoughts and opinions MOST of the time. This site is great for a long off season, when I am starved for Bills news. I consider myself to be a member in good standing. I would hate to lose priveliges just because I do not feel compelled to post all the time. I do post and I feel at times I may even contribute. I have also started threads, normally because I am looking for specific information and I know this is the BEST site to get it.

Anyways, I think the date a person became a member should also be taken into account. Post count should not be the end all be all.

GO BILLS!

Of course, I have my personal bias but what about basing it on longevity? Being able to remember ICE, Alaska Darin and Todd have to be worth more than posting " :beer: " a 1000 times.

Agreed! Who was the guy who stopped posting because he came in one day and said 'he did a really bad thing' or did 'something he regretted' of SOMETHING like that!?!?!

Everyone jumped his crap like he diddled his sister or something, the guy got all bent out of shape and totally VANISHED. I think I mentioned this guy in my first post ever. But, now his name escapes me....anyone?

I'm leaning towards:

0 On Probation

50 UDFA

100 Practice Squad

250 Rookie

500 RFA

1500 Veteran

7500 All Pro

15000 Hall of Famer

Hi all :worthy:

I haven't been posting much lately(waaaay too busy with work) but I have been lurking on occasion.

(I hope some here have missed me :beer: )

Personally I agree with an expanded system......but I believe there should be 2 post counts. One for the main page of TSW.....and another for all other forums(Off the Wall, PPP, etc).

I'm not sure post count is SOOO important. Anyone can pad their post count.

Anyways, I think the date a person became a member should also be taken into account. Post count should not be the end all be all.

GO BILLS!

Post counts aren't really important, at all, IMO. Yes, you can tell who is an active member, and that can tell you something, but how much really? I think of these titles as a nicety, and not something that's a big deal. As you can see, many of us old-timers with high post counts, choose to have our own titles, anyway.

And I also agree that longevity is very important. Of course, that info is already in the area below the avatar.

But lurkers don't help the board, to tell the truth. If you aren't posting you aren't really contributing to the community, IMO. That doesn't mean you have to post like a mad man, like some of us. And this is a great place to come to get updates and information. But if you aren't contributing to the give and take, at least a little bit, what good is it to the rest of the community? (BTW, I should have used "one" instead of "you", as I wasn't suggesting you don't contribute.)

Hi all :worthy:

I haven't been posting much lately(waaaay too busy with work) but I have been lurking on occasion.

(I hope some here have missed me :beer: )

Personally I agree with an expanded system......but I believe there should be 2 post counts. One for the main page of TSW.....and another for all other forums(Off the Wall, PPP, etc).

Great idea! Maybe only TSW posts should count.

Unlike most that really have nothing to say here, I do not post often.

However, I do realize that many here only attach credibility to those that post often, regardless of content.

Therefore, I post now so that when I do have something to say it will be seen as credible to those stat mongers.

Unlike most that really have nothing to say here, I do not post often.

However, I do realize that many here only attach credibility to those that post often, regardless of content.

Therefore, I post now so that when I do have something to say it will be seen as credible to those stat mongers.

i think you need to provide a link for that, otherwise i question your credibility ...

j (approaching 500 posts) w. :beer:

i keed, i keed.

ADD: and there it is 500. i'm a stat monger.

i think you need to provide a link for that, otherwise i question your credibility ...

j (approaching 500 posts) w. :beer:

i keed, i keed.

ADD: and there it is 500. i'm a stat monger.

And that one was #500.

Congrats?

The best threads get the most replies. There should be an algorythm to take that into account (total # of replies to each thread).

The current leader for number of replies is the criminally insipid "Last Post Wins" thread.

You want to rethink your idea, maybe?