Wolfman Trailer

K-Gun10

I'm not a big fan of Benicio Del Toro, but I will admit, that is a good trailer.

However, this movie has been pushed back many times. From Christmas 2008, to April 2009, to November 2009, and finally to February 2010. Does Universal have a bad product on their hands?

All I really get out of that trailer is that it has a pretty solid cast. I really have no idea what to think beyond that.

It did get me thinking of an old joke idea I used to throw around though. If there was an actor that you would consider to be the god of the dorks based in roles in scifi/action/comicbook movies, who would it be? A few people always came to mind immediately:

-Patrick Stewart: he really hasn't done too much in a whille, but Captain Picard and Charles Xavier are 2 iconic characters

-Ian McKellen: Gandalf and Magneto

-Hugo Weaving: Agent Smith, his role in the Lord of the Rings movies, Megatron, V, and now this... he might take it based on pure volume

-Christian Bale: might be able to make a run in a couple years

Those are always the names I think of right away, but I'm sure I missed a few roles. Who am I missing here?

All I really get out of that trailer is that it has a pretty solid cast. I really have no idea what to think beyond that.

It did get me thinking of an old joke idea I used to throw around though. If there was an actor that you would consider to be the god of the dorks based in roles in scifi/action/comicbook movies, who would it be? A few people always came to mind immediately:

-Patrick Stewart: he really hasn't done too much in a whille, but Captain Picard and Charles Xavier are 2 iconic characters

-Ian McKellen: Gandalf and Magneto

-Hugo Weaving: Agent Smith, his role in the Lord of the Rings movies, Megatron, V, and now this... he might take it based on pure volume

-Christian Bale: might be able to make a run in a couple years

Those are always the names I think of right away, but I'm sure I missed a few roles. Who am I missing here?

Hugh Jackman: Wolverine is a big icon, and he's done a great job with that character.

Robert Downey Jr.: Iron Man 2 comes out next May, which will also lead to The Avengers movie. Sherlock Holmes is this Christmas.

Tobey Maguire: The guy has played Spider-Man 3 times and a 4th movie is scheduled for 2011, and he's working on bringing Robotech to the silver screen.

Hugh Jackman: Wolverine is a big icon, and he's done a great job with that character.

Robert Downey Jr.: Iron Man 2 comes out next May, which will also lead to The Avengers movie. Sherlock Holmes is this Christmas.

Tobey Maguire: The guy has played Spider-Man 3 times and a 4th movie is scheduled for 2011, and he's working on bringing Robotech to the silver screen.

Viggo M. in those fantasy films.

I suppose this trio from the Lord of the Rings trilogy deserves mention, as they have those three movies, plus other fantasy/sci-fi credits:

Elijah Wood

Orlando Bloom

John Rhys-Davies

I was thinking more along the lines of guys who have played multiple roles, but I have to comment on Jackman. It seems like I hear more complaints about him than positive comments. But then again, maybe I watch too much Scrubs.

I was thinking more along the lines of guys who have played multiple roles, but I have to comment on Jackman. It seems like I hear more complaints about him than positive comments. But then again, maybe I watch too much Scrubs.

Have you seen The Prestige? Jackman & Chrsitian Bale are great in that movie.

What I liked was the retro look and feel to it. Maybe a little Hammer-esque? I wouldn't complain about that.

Have you seen The Prestige? Jackman & Chrsitian Bale are great in that movie.

Yeah, that's a really good movie. I love movies like that where you can watch it a second time and catch all the clues.