Just received my DH GATE Edwards AFL Jersey

The numbered sizes *should* correspond to the actual measurements on the jersey. If you lay the jersey flat and measure from one side to the other just under the sleeves it should measure half of the numbered size (Thus being a whole jersey if you include the other side).

If you take your large fitting 48 and it measures 24" across, then the jersey is the right size and you are indeed a tiny man. Any larger than that and it's just mislabeled.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The numbered sizes *should* correspond to the actual measurements on the jersey. If you lay the jersey flat and measure from one side to the other just under the sleeves it should measure half of the numbered size (Thus being a whole jersey if you include the other side).

If you take your large fitting 48 and it measures 24" across, then the jersey is the right size and you are indeed a tiny man. Any larger than that and it's just mislabeled.

Not too tiny

I'm 4'10 85 lbs

That's what I'm saying. A 48 is a mans medium. That's friggin tiny. And no, these jerseys are not made to fit over pads.

The authentics are made to fit over pads. thats why the sides of them have a 3 inch band of elastic and the sleeves have elastic too. i tried on my size 48 marshawn over some shoulder pads and it fits exactly how it should. even my jersey in college ball was a 48.

AUTHENTIC. These are supposed to be the same thing worn by the players on the field. They have tapered sleeves that lead into spandex/elastic cuffs. They size them 48, 50, 52, 54, etc. They run big because they are built for use with football pads. These run $249.99 and up

Thats the definition of the authentic reebok jersey

AUTHENTIC. These are supposed to be the same thing worn by the players on the field. They have tapered sleeves that lead into spandex/elastic cuffs. They size them 48, 50, 52, 54, etc. They run big because they are built for use with football pads. These run $249.99 and up

Thats the definition of the authentic reebok jersey

While this is the definition of authentic, these ARE NOT (the reeboks) the same jerseys as worn by the player. They really aren't even close. Reebok doesn't even make the authentics that they put their name on. They are made by another company and then sold to Reebok to give to actual NFL teams.

The players jerseys nowadays are much better than the authentics that people can buy online. The "authentics" that people can buy online are still awesome, but they aren't the real thing. I didn't know however, that the supposed online authentics were meant to still fit over pads. That's interesting.

On another note, I interned and then was employed by the Atlanta Braves. I handled player uniforms there for over a year. When you buy an "aunthentic" hat or shirt online, they ARE NOT, the same as the players wear. They are still sweet, but the quality in the stitching, and jersey material still isn't the same. I know the rep of the company that makes most of the NFL uniforms, and he has brought some in to my office to show me what a real NFL jersey now looks like. They aren't the same as online. The main place you can see this is in the sleeves area, and the stitching going down the seems.

This company who makes the jerseys for Reebok actually, once in a blue moon, has sales to the public, and yes, they actually have a warehouse in Buffalo. You'd be amazed at the difference.

So, why I ask all the questions about DH Gate is various. Are the DH Gate jerseys supposed to the "authentic" which means they are already a cut below the actual real thing. And then, on top of that, are they close to the online authentics that you can get from say a Reebok.

What I didn't know though, is that an online Authentic was actually made to fit over pads. That's pretty cool if that's the case. :lol:

This is what I'd like to know. But I can say this. There's already a red flag with this sizing. A 48 jersey is not HUGE....or at least it shouldn't be. A size 48, which is what I thought, and was confirmed above, is a MENS Medium. Most men wear an XL. A size 48 shouldn't be huge. Hell, in youth football leagues, most kids nowadays above 8 yrs old wear an adult small, at least, which would be a 46.

A size 48 shoudln't be huuuuuuuge. That's one small red flag.

I ordered a TO white AFL throwback, size 48. It showed up as a 48 as advertised. I think maybe it depends on the seller you order it from? Do these people even have a return policy? I have no clue. I am very happy with my jersey so I did not even bother to check if there's a return policy.

I have a size 50 from China. Im 6'1'' 200lbs and it fits me like a baggy t shirt would, maybe a tiny bit bigger than a size xl tshirt. Itll fit over a hoodie which is nice at games but if I wanted a more fitted shirt a 48 would do. Just FYI if anyone was going to buy one.

Thoner7, that helps a lot, man, Thank you.

I'm thinking I probably need a 52 and comments like yours, with your size description help us who haven't gotten jerseys yet.

Again, thanks.

thanks, my replica xl fits pretty baggy, I wouldnt want anything bigger than that.

Did you get the elastic arms or just regular sleeves?

I didnt know there was a choice, but mine has elastic arms...not really tight enough to count though.