ELLIS LANKSTER =)

I'm just wondering, what was the purpose of posting this? I think that it's bs to put up a link to a video to ridicule this kid. He seems to be very polite and he wears our colors, so why in the world would anyone who is a Bills' fan would be the one to put him on display to be humiliated? This board sure has been spiraling into the toilet the last couple of years.

+1

Come on.....the poor kid has a stutter and speaking under pressure always makes it much worse. The kid is not Einstein but give him a break on the stuttering problem.

great,

jauron will probably have him calling defensive plays by week 3, thereby giving him the excuse that the players are not communicating on the field/

I'm just wondering, what was the purpose of posting this? I think that it's bs to put up a link to a video to ridicule this kid. He seems to be very polite and he wears our colors, so why in the world would anyone who is a Bills' fan would be the one to put him on display to be humiliated? This board sure has been spiraling into the toilet the last couple of years.

i agree,but there is a bunch of mindless bs here on tbd :rolleyes::doh::worthy::devil:

Perhaps some self-restraint might be in order here.

Y'all remember when this board was foolishly going ga-ga over the lamentable Keion Carpenter because he gathered in a few tipped balls that hit him in the chest?

Or how so many of y'all were singing the praises of the less than effective Ko Simpson even though from Day1 he was always slow to recognize and late to arrive?

He seems like a hell of a nice kid and we're all rooting for him but at this point young Mr Ellis has given up as many plays as he has made and I would suggest we are doing him a disservice by overstating his contributions and overestimating his abilities.

Don't get too comfy kid, you're going to have to keep getting better if you're even going to make this team.

• 3 weeks later...
Kid probably said to his mother "You named me WHAT??!?? How the !@#$ am I supposed to say that??"

Yeah, this is an old thread but I'm bringing it back up after the attention it's now getting on youtube and the deleted thread.

Few here know I'm a stutter, fortunately mine is mild. My first name is one of the hardest things for me to say as it is a sound combination I often block on. Because of it, I go by my middle name in the workplace. Answering the phone would be impossible if I didn't.

I get why people jumped on this and thought is was just another stupid football player that can't speak the English language. His coping mechanism of "you know" doesn't help. I had to watch it twice to pick up on the fact he was using avoidance techniques for a stutter. I've give this kid all the credit in the world for even taking the podium and attempting the most gut wrenching thing for a stutterer to attempt, public speaking.

Stuttering is one of the least understood disabilities (and I use disability loosely as I don't consider mine one). If you can't speak, you're often considered uneducated when that couldn't be further from the truth.

http://www.mnsu.edu/comdis/kuster/famous/famouspws.html

Yeah, this is an old thread but I'm bringing it back up after the attention it's now getting on youtube and the deleted thread.

Few here know I'm a stutter, fortunately mine is mild. My first name is one of the hardest things for me to say as it is a sound combination I often block on. Because of it, I go by my middle name in the workplace. Answering the phone would be impossible if I didn't.

I get why people jumped on this and thought is was just another stupid football player that can't speak the English language. His coping mechanism of "you know" doesn't help. I had to watch it twice to pick up on the fact he was using avoidance techniques for a stutter. I've give this kid all the credit in the world for even taking the podium and attempting the most gut wrenching thing for a stutterer to attempt, public speaking.

Stuttering is one of the least understood disabilities (and I use disability loosely as I don't consider mine one). If you can't speak, you're often considered uneducated when that couldn't be further from the truth.

http://www.mnsu.edu/comdis/kuster/famous/famouspws.html

I guess not.

It never stopped you from flinging cruel comments at other TBD members.

I guess not.

It never stopped you from flinging cruel comments at other TBD members.

Really? You hit reply for that?

Find where I've gotten personal with someone for something they can't control or outside of stupid internet banter?

Even if I have, you pick this thread to point that out? Where all I was doing was putting a personal perspective out there so maybe a few unknowledgeable people could learn a little something instead of jumping on the wagon ridiculing this poor kid? I expected more out of you cincy.

The best thing about stuttering came from Jack Welch. His mother told him at a young age that the reason he stutters is because he has all these brilliant things to say, but his mouth just wasn't fast enough then for them to come out. He said that helped him out a lot growing up.

The best thing about stuttering came from Jack Welch. His mother told him at a young age that the reason he stutters is because he has all these brilliant things to say, but his mouth just wasn't fast enough then for them to come out. He said that helped him out a lot growing up.

yeah, well - what did he ever accomplish?

I always thought his grape jelly was overrated as a kid.

Find where I've gotten personal with someone for something they can't control or outside of stupid internet banter?

Even if I have, you pick this thread to point that out? Where all I was doing was putting a personal perspective out there so maybe a few unknowledgeable people could learn a little something instead of jumping on the wagon ridiculing this poor kid? I expected more out of you cincy.

You really expected more??? I don't post much, but Cincy is as cantankerous as they come. He is the righteous old man!

Apparently Lankster has had a life long stutter except when rapping, and I give him credit for being brave enough to step up to the podium. Heres a link to the article I found that in with some other interesting info about Lankster.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08293/921101-144.stm

Interesting. I have a life-long rapping problem, except when I'm stuttering...

As you say - "Even if I have." You sure have...

And I'm not about to go and look up your posts through the years to winnow out the "heartfelt thoughts" from the mean shots at others. Your fingers snap to a deaf ear there.

I'm sorry that you expect more out of me, kegtapr. I know I have never made jest about stuttering. You state you expect more out of me. I am expecting more civil behavior from you in general board conversation.

Let's bury the hatchet and move on.

Because a lot of people are immature !@#$s who get off on mocking the uncontrollable shortcomings of nice, talented people like Ellis Lankster. He deserves a hell of a lot better from his team's "fans," that's for damn sure.

The whole thing outrages me.

Thank you ... well said.

As you say - "Even if I have." You sure have...

And I'm not about to go and look up your posts through the years to winnow out the "heartfelt thoughts" from the mean shots at others. Your fingers snap to a deaf ear there.

I'm sorry that you expect more out of me, kegtapr. I know I have never made jest about stuttering. You state you expect more out of me. I am expecting more civil behavior from you in general board conversation.

Let's bury the hatchet and move on.

Yawn. You've shown your cards and you're holding the same hand as myself. But continue to pretend they are different.

Kind of silly to take an opening shot and call truce after the return volley, but I had no desire to continue this anyways.