How will Billicheck stop the no huddle?

I watched the preseason game as well, with the Buc's vs Tenn and John Lynch was in the broadcast booth, he stated the Tampa 2 is a great defense provided you have a great pass rush... :blink:

So Yea, the Bills could use a Warren sap and Simeon Rice, along with LB Derrick Brooks, S John Lynch and CB Ronde Barber.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i'd wager any defense is great provided you have a great pass rush.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

correct me if i'm wrong, but i'd wager any defense is great provided you have a great pass rush.

You are correct, but what if its weak against the run and the secondary is so horrid that they can't cover anyone,what then?

Jerry Glanville invented a rush called the "gritz blitz" where the entire defense all rushed the passer at the snap of the ball,needless to say he is no longer a head coach in the NFL.

What John Lynch was saying is that the Tampa 2, or cover 2 is very good with a good pass rush, it is weak against the run and not so good if you can't put pressure on the QB. You know, kinda what the Bills pass rush looks like most games. :blink:

One of the "tools" Bellicheat will use to stop the no-huddle will be faking an injury to stop the clock at a key point in the drive by a player that needs to be subbed out for a few snaps.

[see; W. McGinest in Colts game at goal line when the Pats* D-line was gassed.]

You are correct, but what if its weak against the run and the secondary is so horrid that they can't cover anyone,what then?

Jerry Glanville invented a rush called the "gritz blitz" where the entire defense all rushed the passer at the snap of the ball,needless to say he is no longer a head coach in the NFL.

What John Lynch was saying is that the Tampa 2, or cover 2 is very good with a good pass rush, it is weak against the run and not so good if you can't put pressure on the QB. You know, kinda what the Bills pass rush looks like most games. :blink:

I read somewhere that teams used a heavy blitz to combat MIA's "wildcat. I can't verify that - I watched no MIA games.

AFAIK, Glanville just quit pro football after 1993. He did some tv, and is in the college ranks now. Colorful guy - when he was with HOU, he and CIN's Sam Wyche would take delight in running up the score against each other...some sort of personal fued I guess.

The KEY to the Tampa 2 is the rush. The KEY. One thing it MUST have to succeed....a pass rushing front four. That's the first thing that comes out of most people's mouth's as the key to this defense succeeding. Almost to to the point where it can't really be all that effective without one. I think we've seen that as fact thus far.

By pass rushing and blitzing on one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL. It doesn't matter how good Edwards is, or how good his receivers are, if Edwards is face down on the turf, the No Huddle won't go far.

I agree with you, but we maybe do have one weapon that can help against this. With the addition of TO, one of his main strengths is catching that short to intermediate slant and getting major yards after catch. One or two of these types of plays will tend to slow down those blitzes a bit.

This is one area where TO can help this team immensly. Similar to the route he ran over the middle vs. Tenny in the hall of fame game.

he will stop it just like he did in the superbowl ...giants versus bills ....he will fake injury timeouts and he will run the ball down our throats lol

He didn't do that, as he was the DC.

What is with this love for Wood? Because he does well against the stout Bills D-Line in practice? I don't think Wilfork is sitting up worrying about this guy, especially since Wood was completely mauled by Myron Pryor (the Pats 6th round pick) in college.

I doubt we'll have a problem, last year we held you to 10 points in two games and the only td was a garbage time one set up by a great kick return.

If you're talking about Sam Aiken, he's still on our team, he actually got appointed special teams captain last week.

Just curious, afcass1 and Luke Warm Pisswater, do Patriots fans not have a message board of their own, or are you both just incapable of navigating the internet well enough to find it?

Right all those players on defense constantly getting carried off the field onl;y to return a few plays later. Bill A Cheat has been at it for years

They should change the rule so that if a player leaves a game "injured" with the clock stoping due to said injury, that player must sit out the rest of the game.

They should change the rule so that if a player leaves a game "injured" with the clock stoping due to said injury, that player must sit out the rest of the game.

Under two minutes, it costs a timeout or a 10 second runoff.

So if our QB goes down on a potential game winning or tying drive, you want him to be benched for the rest of the game?

Under two minutes, it costs a timeout or a 10 second runoff.

So if our QB goes down on a potential game winning or tying drive, you want him to be benched for the rest of the game?

Yes I do. If Tom* or even Trent has to have an injury time out to leave the field they should be finished for the day.

Yes I do. If Tom* or even Trent has to have an injury time out to leave the field they should be finished for the day.

That's crazy. It turns the NFL into a pansy league. You don't want a player to go to the locker room, get taped up and come back to play later in the game?

Honestly, it is an idiotic suggestion, IMO.

But perhaps a player should be required to miss an entire series on a clock stopping injury, or 5 minutes of action, or something that will make it more difficult to fake an injury to stop momentum.