Today is 8/14/09

I can't help but feel very bad about our chances. The Patriots just look professional. Stacked on both sides of the ball. Jauron and co HAVE to try and throw something different at this team. Like what Miami did with the Wildcat, we have to try and schtick our way to a win. I don't care.

Seriously, we should onside kick EVERY kickoff. What's the difference? How many times are we gonna score on them anyway? Might as well just try and get the ball back at every opportunity and prevent Brady from killing us. Furthermore, if the Pats recover the kick, it'll be most likely on the Bills' side of the field, therefore the Pats will score quicker hopefully giving the Bills a better shot of getting the ball back again. Call me crazy, but I am 100 percent serious about this. If we have the best Special Teams in the league, we need to use them to give us any advantage possible.

Brady can score from their 1 yard line or ours. It doesn't matter. Might as well give your team the best chance to maintain possession as long as possible, which the Bills have been notoriously bad at against the Patriots this decade.

Remember Miami in 1980 this could be that scenerio again!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but feel very bad about our chances. The Patriots just look professional. Stacked on both sides of the ball. Jauron and co HAVE to try and throw something different at this team. Like what Miami did with the Wildcat, we have to try and schtick our way to a win. I don't care.

Seriously, we should onside kick EVERY kickoff. What's the difference? How many times are we gonna score on them anyway? Might as well just try and get the ball back at every opportunity and prevent Brady from killing us. Furthermore, if the Pats recover the kick, it'll be most likely on the Bills' side of the field, therefore the Pats will score quicker hopefully giving the Bills a better shot of getting the ball back again. Call me crazy, but I am 100 percent serious about this. If we have the best Special Teams in the league, we need to use them to give us any advantage possible.

Brady can score from their 1 yard line or ours. It doesn't matter. Might as well give your team the best chance to maintain possession as long as possible, which the Bills have been notoriously bad at against the Patriots this decade.

We beat them a few years ago like 38-0 on opening day then they went on to win the SB.

A few turnovers, a bad hair day by Brady, stranger things have happened. That is why they play the games to overuse and overused cliche.

I just hope it isnt 21-0 or 28-3 by halftime.

I admit though they look a little more well oiled than us and our coaching is not going to overcome their coaching; our players will actually have to be BETTER and overcome our coaching. Equal is not good enough for these bills, it is like we enter every game with a negative point-spread in real terms.

But, we can for sure win. INT by Corner, fumble recovery by Poz, KEEP THE FAITH!!!

We beat them a few years ago like 38-0 on opening day then they went on to win the SB.

It was 31-0 (Psycho Ward 86 and I were there), the same score they beat the Bills by in the season finale @ Foxboro en route to their Lombardi trophy.

I am a die hard Bills fans from way back, however the reality is that despite our never ending "hope", we are going to get killed in front of a massive National TV audience for the umpteenth time. This will be embarrasing (again). Buffalo and the Bills will sink to a new low (if that's possible) in the minds of the media and every NFL fan, further cementing the fact that both are simply irrelevant today. Shame on the NFL for setting up a "homecoming" game for Brady and the Pats against the biggest patsy opponent they could come up with. There are several "original AFL teams" with more competitive squads they could have sent in there to get killed, why the perpetually rebuilding Bills? Sucks to be the preferred opponent for the good teams' "homecoming weekend".

Indeed - we will be the Christians lead to the Lions....

Yep. He ran that TD right into the end zone we were sitting in (where I now have my season tickets). It was awesome!

He was an amazing athlete. Spent his last season in CIN (didn't round into shape until game 5 or so - haha).

CIN went nowhere of course. But he was still cat-quick off the snap, and demanded double-teaming. I don't remember why he parted ways with BUF.

I always like to repeat how a poster here years ago described Adams... "A blitzing linebacker who happens to be built like a rhino."

When he left the CIN team, he bought into one of those PT Barnum arena sports things or some such. Haven't heard anything about him since.

He was an amazing athlete. Spent his last season in CIN (didn't round into shape until game 5 or so - haha).

CIN went nowhere of course. But he was still cat-quick off the snap, and demanded double-teaming. I don't remember why he parted ways with BUF.

Donahoe was the GM. That's all you need to know.

I always like to repeat how a poster here years ago described Adams... "A blitzing linebacker who happens to be built like a rhino."

:blink:

The 31-0 game put me on a high for about 2 weeks. I hadn't seen the Bills roll anyone like that since the K-Gun days and doing it to Pretty Boy Brady was something dreams were made of.

AMEN. :blink: I would much rather go into every game thinking that we have a chance to win. Isn't it much more fun that way?

Perhaps the reason for such negativity is simply to not be disappointed if such a beating happens. Don't get your hopes up and you can claim that you saw this coming.

The past few years, I've approached the season with optimism, albeit cautious. Same thing goes for 2009. I also don't have confidence in Jauron leading this team anywhere, but if nothing else, he's on the hot seat if he can't win with the weapons he's been given.

Today is...

my 40th birthday

haven't figured out if that's depressing or not

Live it up you youngster my 40th birthday has come and gone and I went to a heavy metal concertt 2 weeks ago and had a great time so there is no reason to be depressed happy birthday and enjoy. :blink:

Happy birthday to a fellow member of the 1969 gang.

I bought my first season tickets in 1969. Happy Birthday KRT88. To you, R.Rich and all you other 40 somethings, this is your prime , enjoy every day to its fullist and GO BILLS!!!