The Michael Vick Thread

Simon

John,

I thought everything regarding this topic was bogus, but some pretty legit people are at least saying Dungy was in Rochester. That is false, right?

i read Kevin's very good article, and saw where Tony had talked to Ralph Wilson in Canton.

now, if Tony had such influence and had Mr. Wilson's ear as the poster had suggested, why wasn't the Michael Vick press conference held today or far earlier?

if Mr. Wilson was convinced that it was worth it to sign Michael Vick, then the trigger would've been pulled on this one already. that is how it worked with Terrell Owens. so it's likely that's the way it would have worked with Michael Vick.

and yet, the Bills continue to stick with the statement they made two weeks ago about their lack of interest.

to suggest that Tony Dungy having Mr. Wilson's ear and might sway the Bills to think differently is a little bit of a leap and puts this thread back on the road toward rumor-mongering and falsehoods.

jw

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I simply stated I believe Dungy will have a good deal of influence

as to the team Vick signs with. Didn't state he signed with the Bills.

i don't dispute Tony's influence in this.

i took exception with the "if he has RW's ear, who knows?" part. that re-opens this door of speculation that the Bills are currently interested in signing Michael Vick. they are not.

jw

ADD: and i apologize for sounding/being annoyed. i wasted the entire day on following rumors and disputing them. i even posted on this board and on twitter that the Bills were NOT interested before noon. and yet the chatter (not entirely here, but elsewhere around the country) continued until some people were made fools of.

Yet it does seem odd that Dungy is in Rochester, doesn't it? Could be a coincidence, of course, but the tailor thing seemed a little weird, too. I mean, who goes and helps their tailor celebrate? Tony must have dropped an awful lot on clothes over the years if that part is true.....

Yet it does seem odd that Dungy is in Rochester, doesn't it? Could be a coincidence, of course, but the tailor thing seemed a little weird, too. I mean, who goes and helps their tailor celebrate? Tony must have dropped an awful lot on clothes over the years if that part is true.....

He said that he's been going to the tailor for the last 13 years. That's a lot of coin for tailored suits.

i read Kevin's very good article, and saw where Tony had talked to Ralph Wilson in Canton.

now, if Tony had such influence and had Mr. Wilson's ear as the poster had suggested, why wasn't the Michael Vick press conference held today or far earlier?

if Mr. Wilson was convinced that it was worth it to sign Michael Vick, then the trigger would've been pulled on this one already. that is how it worked with Terrell Owens. so it's likely that's the way it would have worked with Michael Vick.

and yet, the Bills continue to stick with the statement they made two weeks ago about their lack of interest.

to suggest that Tony Dungy having Mr. Wilson's ear and might sway the Bills to think differently is a little bit of a leap and puts this thread back on the road toward rumor-mongering and falsehoods.

jw

I believe everything you wrote here today, and on this subject, to be true.

That said, it seems to me that the ONE thing that could possibly reverse the entire situation would be Ralph Wilson talking to Tony Dungy and being convinced by someone he trusts that this would be good for his team. I say that only because the Bills and Brandon and Jauron and Overdorf and Shonert and everyone else could be saying we have no interest in Vick in all honesty, but if Ralph walks into their office and says "What about Vick, I like him" the entire world changes.

I DON'T think this happened, I am not trying to spread rumors, I don't think we're signing Vick or even that Ralph would do it. I am only saying that no reporting can overcome Ralphie changing his mind. :huh:

I DON'T think this happened, I am not trying to spread rumors, I don't think we're signing Vick or even that Ralph would do it. I am only saying that no reporting can overcome Ralphie changing his mind. :huh:

True, but today is not Tuesday.

True, but today is not Tuesday.

:huh: True. But most people don't know this... There was a sequel, a TV movie starring Courtney Cox, Peter Graves, Stephen Furst, David Leisure, Richard Moll, etc to "If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium", entitled, remarkably, If It's Tuesday, It Still Must Be Belgium.

BUT... now they are making a threequel, with some of the original cast, which is entitled, "If It's Thursday, It Might Not Be Belgium", so you never know.

:huh: True. But most people don't know this... There was a sequel, a TV movie starring Courtney Cox, Peter Graves, Stephen Furst, David Leisure, Richard Moll, etc to "If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium", entitled, remarkably, If It's Tuesday, It Still Must Be Belgium.

BUT... now they are making a threequel, with some of the original cast, which is entitled, "If It's Thursday, It Might Not Be Belgium", so you never know.

Is that the version where Ralph hires Cowher or Parcells? I haven't read the script yet.

ADD: and i apologize for sounding/being annoyed. i wasted the entire day on following rumors and disputing them. i even posted on this board and on twitter that the Bills were NOT interested before noon. and yet the chatter (not entirely here, but elsewhere around the country) continued until some people were made fools of.

Ooooooow you were hired by the Bills to put a lid on the story in return for an all exclusive?

/snickers

ESPN is talking up Vick right now and how he would be a good fit with the Steelers

Yeah, he'd be a better QB there than that bum they have now, Ben whatever his name is :huh:

ESPN is trying to pimp Vick to anyone who'll take him

In all honesty pre-prison Vick would be an outstanding fit with the current Steelers.

i took exception with the "if he has RW's ear, who knows?" part. that re-opens this door of speculation that the Bills are currently interested in signing Michael Vick. they are not.

jw

Believe me, a large percentage of us wanted you to be right. But at the same time, the frequency and (perceived) veracity of the rumors made it too hard to ignore.

Case in point: One of my best friends (stood up in each others weddings) works directly with the Bills organization. He called me around 4-ish to state that his business contact at OBD called him from SJF to let him know Vick was in town. I realize to you, or any other poster, this may seem like simple hearsay, but given that this individual and I trust each other implicitly, I had no reason to question the validity of this claim. Furthermore (assuming my friend was telling the truth) I cannot fathom why a rep. from the Bills would say such a thing if it were not true. (Then again - I also can't imagine that a Bills rep would make any such call under any circumstances :huh: )

When I take that into account and add it to the tidal wave of rumors, you can only imagine that I (and perhaps others who heard similar claims from those who claim to be 'in the know') would have to assume there were some legs to this.

That being said, I certainly do appreciate your efforts in debunking this tripe.

jw

Actually, I believed you when you posted it originally. I had been talking to a friend at work about how I was sorta concerned that the Bills might sign him. When you posted, I remarked via instant message, "Ha, now you have to worry he is signing with the *Pats." I linked him to your post.

A better fit than the guy who won 2 of the last 4 Super Bowls? :huh:

I'm a fan of neither, simply don't like their playstyles. He'd could have been a hell of a backup to Rothisberger at the least though.

Edit: then again why would pre-prison starting qb vick go to be a backup somewhere (before he went to the slammer). Let's just say I see Roethisberger and pre-prison Vick interchangable with the Steelers.

Case in point: One of my best friends (stood up in each others weddings) works directly with the Bills organization.

It may have been testing the waters on fan reaction. There is also a rumor floating about that he'd be signed after saterday, which coincides with Adam Schefter saying he thinks a Vick announcement is between friday and monday.

The truth is simply that no one knows either way. No one will know til Vick signs on the dotted line somewhere. There may be substance behind the rumors, there may not be. I hope he ends up here in a Bills uniform but if he doesn't, oh well.

The truth is simply that no one knows either way. No one will know til Vick signs on the dotted line somewhere. There may be substance behind the rumors, there may not be. I hope he ends up here in a Bills uniform but if he doesn't, oh well.

Exactly! Nobody knows for sure at this point. When Russ Brandon says "We have no interest at this time" he means just that "At this time." That may change tomorrow or next week or not at all.

Exactly! Nobody knows for sure at this point. When Russ Brandon says "We have no interest at this time" he means just that "At this time." That may change tomorrow or next week or not at all.

I have it on very good authority, who was actually there when Brandon told reporters "we have no interest at this time" that Brandon also said that catastrophic injury to Trent would be the only thing to change the situation. Something could have changed since then I suppose, but "at this time" meant we're not looking at Vick unless our starter gets hurt.