No Tweeting for Maybin

scribo

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

K-Gun10, first off, the link was already posted. Second, and way more importantly, please do NOT post the entire article here. Chris Brown and just about every other reporter out there have their success measured in part by the number of hits their articles generate. When you post the whole article here, it gives others zero reason to visit the official location of the article, thus unfairly down-grading Chris Brown's success.

In other words, please delete your post. And in the future, post just the link, a short description and your personal comments.

Edit -- > Thanks, Lori!

Edited by scribo

K-Gun10, first off, the link was already posted. Second, and way more importantly, please do NOT post the entire article here. Chris Brown and just about every other reporter out there have their success measured in part by the number of hits their articles generate. When you post the whole article here, it gives others zero reason to visit the official location of the article, thus unfairly down-grading Chris Brown's success.

In other words, please delete your post. And in the future, post just the link, a short description and your personal comments.

Oh please. :doh: Who are you the grand master of the message board?

take it easy will do though

I was taking it easy, just explaining why it is important. But you didn't delete the post I was talking about (yet), which is the post just above my explanation.

Oh please. :doh: Who are you the grand master of the message board?

No, but I am someone who has a vested interest in properly adhering to usage and copyright laws. This conversation has come up many times here. It is a big deal to those whom make a living out of creating these articles.

Ridiculous. Rookie contracts are slotted and valued at the amount of guaranteed money -- as opposed to overall possible value. Maybin's floor is set. His position of DE and his specialty of "pass rusher" has also had its parameters defined. We know what the 11th pick (some CB from Troy?) got last year and we know the percent increase in contracts on average for the 1st round and the percent that the cap has gone up. The "wait" has nothing to do with Maybin -- his value is set and will be 5 years with at around $18 mill guaranteed (the total number is irrelevant, but if you need one it should be $29 to $31 mill). The "wait" has to do with his agent's ability to attract first year talent next year. If Crabtree's deal does not fall in line, then Maybin's deal will be perceived as low and other agents will use it against Maybin's agent next year when recruiting first-round talent. Bottom line -- there is no end in sight until Maybin tells his agent to get it done! So running for cover due to a situation completely in his control seems cowardly at best. I hope he has more will, conviction and substance on the field.

Chris Brown = reporter? :doh:

Chris Brown = reporter? :doh:

Good question. His title is "lead journalist." I am more willing to call him a reporter than a journalist, he does "report" but because of who signs his paychecks, he cannot always be impartial or fully adhere to journalistic ethics.

Good question. His title is "lead journalist." I am more willing to call him a reporter than a journalist, he does "report" but because of who signs his paychecks, he cannot always be impartial or fully adhere to journalistic ethics.

I'll give you that - he 'reports' what the front office tells him to.

Why do people have to be idiots and make dumb comments to Maybin? He seems like a good dude and it is pretty cool that he interacts with them.

I just love how people can post stuff on the internet that they would never in a 1,000 years say to AM in person. I would how this same people would feel if AM comment about their contract at their job.