KtFaBD got me to thinking with his Stupar thread

Beerball

How many of you watched that play and said something along the lines of "good hard hit, nothing dirty"?

We're going to see a bunch of those flags this year with the rule change. Some will be in our favor, but some will definitely cost us. There's only so much that coaching can do to cut this type of penalty down. Guys flying around full speed, changing direction, changing their 'level' those hits are going to happen. I understand what the league is trying to do, but it is football and hard hits even to the helmet are bound to happen each and every game. (couldn't they make it a 10 yarder if not helmet to helmet? 15 yards but no automatic FD?)

So remember, you heard it hear first...when you get ready to B&M about an untimely 15 yarder...STFU, it's the rulz.

BTW...how many thought "Stupar is in a stupor" after the hit?

Watching the game, I thought that was a horrible rule change. Just unbelievable. The guy is running across the middle with his head the other way, about to catch a 20 yard pass down the seam, what is the safety supposed to do? Any way you hit the guy is going to be huge, since he's not looking and has no idea you're there. Is he just supposed to let him catch the ball for a first down? Terrible rule. Some plays are unnecessary, such as blocks that level people when they're not looking that don't need to be half as violent as they are, but a call such as the one on Stupar is flag football-esque, if you ask me.

That was the exact thought that ran through my mind when they flagged it.

Conspiracy theory time...I could see a team facing a 3rd and 27 going to the #7 wideout and telling him to run a seam route, and no matter what leave your feet to make the catch. QB purposely overthrows WR, WR gets tagged, first down.

I agree it was a lousy call. But it will come down to what it always comes down to regarding calls: will the refs adhere to the rules equitably and objectively. No. Never did, never will. And until we become an elite player in the league, we aren't going to benefit as much as get hurt by a subjective set of criteria.

GO BILLS!!!

Well were prolly not going to have 4 tight ends and i do here alot of good things about stupar and he knows the system, now schouman didnt play because reports said bills already know what we have in him, is that true though do we even know what he can do, so i do think schoumans a surprise cut with Fine shining and starting stupar backup and nelson not having much of a role until next year.