Now that the Bills are done because of a game in Ohio

Since the Buffalo Bills fate has been sealed due to a huge exhibition game loss in August, and since our defense is clearly the worst in the NFL and Trent is a colossal bust, and also factor in that we will need a good coach, let's start analyzing who will take the reigns of the Bills come 2010 under center and as the Head Coach.....

Sam Bradford? maybe sway Stoops?

Thoughts?

Since the Buffalo Bills fate has been sealed due to a huge exhibition game loss in August, and since our defense is clearly the worst in the NFL and Trent is a colossal bust, and also factor in that we will need a good coach, let's start analyzing who will take the reigns of the Bills come 2010 under center and as the Head Coach.....

Sam Bradford? maybe sway Stoops?

Thoughts?

LOL @ people who think Sam Bradford is going to be any good. People thought Ryan Leaf and Matt Leinart and Alex Smith were going to be good too...if we are going to draft any QB I just don't understand why you don't take the obvious best player in the draft in Tim Tebow. I don't think Tebow is going to rewrite Tom Brady's record books in the NFL, but he is a huge character guy with a set of skills that could revolutionize the game, and is so much more valuable than another spoon fed spread offense passer that is sickly overrated because he runs the score up in a conference that doesn't know how to spell defense.

That being said it is kind of absurd to presume that either Bradford or Tebow will be available to the Bills. We certainly won't be bad enough this year to land ourselves a top 10 pick, and both of those guys will likely be gone inside of 10.

Dick Jauron will be the head coach in 2010, which to be perfectly honest, is fine by me. It is pretty absurd to expect a team to win that switches coaches every 3 to 4 years. It typically takes 4 years for a head coach to fully implement his system, so you can't expect to see success when you keep changing coaches before the players have fully adapted to their philosophy. If you want to continue to lose, by all means, change coaches again. But most philosophies in the NFL are legit and can be successful once the players buy into them, and I don't see any reason to think DJ's philosophy should be any different.

LOL @ people who think Sam Bradford is going to be any good. People thought Ryan Leaf and Matt Leinart and Alex Smith were going to be good too...if we are going to draft any QB I just don't understand why you don't take the obvious best player in the draft in Tim Tebow. I don't think Tebow is going to rewrite Tom Brady's record books in the NFL, but he is a huge character guy with a set of skills that could revolutionize the game, and is so much more valuable than another spoon fed spread offense passer that is sickly overrated because he runs the score up in a conference that doesn't know how to spell defense.

What the hell do you think Tebow is/was? Tebow has been playing the same kind of offense since high school.

Yet, according to you:

Sam Bradford plays in a spread offense = overrated and bad

Tim Tebow plays in spread offense = "set of skills that could revolutionize the game"

Oh, the irony ...

That being said it is kind of absurd to presume that either Bradford or Tebow will be available to the Bills. We certainly won't be bad enough this year to land ourselves a top 10 pick, and both of those guys will likely be gone inside of 10.

Dick Jauron will be the head coach in 2010, which to be perfectly honest, is fine by me. It is pretty absurd to expect a team to win that switches coaches every 3 to 4 years. It typically takes 4 years for a head coach to fully implement his system, so you can't expect to see success when you keep changing coaches before the players have fully adapted to their philosophy. If you want to continue to lose, by all means, change coaches again. But most philosophies in the NFL are legit and can be successful once the players buy into them, and I don't see any reason to think DJ's philosophy should be any different.

Actually, it only takes 2-3 years (at least from everything I read, and that includes coaches and players saying it).

1st off season/year - base packages are installed

2nd off season/year - sub-packages are installed

3rd off season/year - for some schemes, the remaining sub packages. However, from year 3 on, it's all about "tweaking/adjusting/modifying" the current systems.

In other words, we all saw Jauron's system in it's full glory last year.

Quote me on this the rest of my life if you want. Tim Tebow will do nothing in the NFL NOTHING. The list of successful UF QB's in the NFL? 0 (unless you want to count rex grossman who rode the bears to a superbowl but I don't think anyone wants to stick up for him) Hell the list of successful UF players in the NFL is a short one anyway regardless of position. Jack Youngblood and Emmitt Smith are two hall of famers yes. But other than that you have some guys who are very few and far between like Kevin Carter and Fred Taylor, and absolutely no one in the last 10 years.

Tebow is all hype (NFL prospectwise I mean, not to say he isn't one of the greatest college QB's ever) and any team that drafts him in the first round to be their savior is foolish.

and why would you dismiss Bradford more easily than Tebow anyway? Bradford plays in a gimmicky spread system, but Tebow plays in THE gimmicky spread system. They're both gonna be NFL busts.

Colt McCoy is way better than either of them.

Oh my.... you just posted something with which I agree. I may have to go lie down with a cold compress in a dark room for a while....

Quote me on this the rest of my life if you want. Tim Tebow will do nothing in the NFL NOTHING. The list of successful UF QB's in the NFL? 0 (unless you want to count rex grossman who rode the bears to a superbowl but I don't think anyone wants to stick up for him) Hell the list of successful UF players in the NFL is a short one anyway regardless of position. Jack Youngblood and Emmitt Smith are two hall of famers yes. But other than that you have some guys who are very few and far between like Kevin Carter and Fred Taylor, and absolutely no one in the last 10 years.

Tebow is all hype (NFL prospectwise I mean, not to say he isn't one of the greatest college QB's ever) and any team that drafts him in the first round to be their savior is foolish.

and why would you dismiss Bradford more easily than Tebow anyway? Bradford plays in a gimmicky spread system, but Tebow plays in THE gimmicky spread system. They're both gonna be NFL busts.

What the hell do you think Tebow is/was? Tebow has been playing the same kind of offense since high school.

Yet, according to you:

Sam Bradford plays in a spread offense = overrated and bad

Tim Tebow plays in spread offense = "set of skills that could revolutionize the game"

Oh, the irony ...

Actually, it only takes 2-3 years (at least from everything I read, and that includes coaches and players saying it).

1st off season/year - base packages are installed

2nd off season/year - sub-packages are installed

3rd off season/year - for some schemes, the remaining sub packages. However, from year 3 on, it's all about "tweaking/adjusting/modifying" the current systems.

In other words, we all saw Jauron's system in it's full glory last year.

What you fail to realize, due to your limited reading comprehension abilities, is that I'm not stating Tebow is unique due to the offense he ran or the conference he plays in. His skill set is unique, in that he has a fantastic arm, but the size and durability to be a hard-nosed ball carrier as well. He has the stature to run the football in the NFL and still take hits, plus the ability to throw the ball effectively. I never suggested he would revolutionize the game playing the QB position, in fact, I think it was implied that I was referring to a wild-cat type of position. I also stated that Sam Bradford was grossly overrated due to playing in a weak defensive conference, which inflates his stats. It has nothing to do with running a spread offense. I said he will be another spread offense QB that will fail in the NFL, as would Tebow, if he was a pure QB. I think Tebow could be an effective back-up, but I don't see him ever being a legit starter without and entirely new offensive system designed around his skill set. I said to draft him ahead of Bradford because he has more value, which he does, due to his versatility and unusual size and passing ability. Learn how to read and then comprehend before making posts, please.

Also, last year, what you saw was a system mired by inadequate talent. It is unfair and inaccurate to speculate as to how effective the scheme is when you have inferior personal versus virtually every defense that you played. To win 7 games simply indicates that SOMETHING allowed the Bills to perform beyond their level of talent...you call it what you want, I call it good coaching. And for the record, I don't really care about your invalidated opinions regarding how long it takes to implement a system.

Oh, I have a feeling that will be a lot of people who COULD quote you on this for the rest of your life, but won't. A lot of people would have dumped on college players like:

• Joe Montana (3rd round)
  • Tom Brady (6th round)
  • John Unitas (9th round)
  • Mike Webster (5th round)
  • John Stallworth (4th round)
  • Roger Staubach (10th round)
  • Bart Starr (17th round)

I doubt that very many people took the time to go back and tell off the spoonhead who said, "Bart Starr is gonna be an NFL bust". They were too busy watching NFL history being made. Even if Tebow doesn't live up to the hype, and I think he will, he brings an attitude that a lot of teams in general and the Bills in particular, could sorely use. He's won at every level and the team that drafts him is going to get an exceptional person and athlete.

So I promise not to say, "I told you so".

Oh, I have a feeling that will be a lot of people who COULD quote you on this for the rest of your life, but won't. A lot of people would have dumped on college players like:

• Joe Montana (3rd round)
  • Tom Brady (6th round)
  • John Unitas (9th round)
  • Mike Webster (5th round)
  • John Stallworth (4th round)
  • Roger Staubach (10th round)
  • Bart Starr (17th round)

I doubt that very many people took the time to go back and tell off the spoonhead who said, "Bart Starr is gonna be an NFL bust". They were too busy watching NFL history being made. Even if Tebow doesn't live up to the hype, and I think he will, he brings an attitude that a lot of teams in general and the Bills in particular, could sorely use. He's won at every level and the team that drafts him is going to get an exceptional person and athlete.

So I promise not to say, "I told you so".

Lets examine a few of those players you mentioned, the QB's specifically since we're comparing them to Tebow.

Joe Montana- Notre Dame, long long history of great NFL players, pro style offense, multiple HOF QB's, tons of HOF'ers and tons of solid players

Tom Brady- Michigan, long long history of great NFL players, not so much QB's but still there have been a few to have long careers in the NFL such as Brian Griese and Todd Collins

John Unitas-anomoly

Roger Staubach- was drafted so late because he was in the Navy and was going to Vietnam

Bart Starr- played for Alabama another school that has produced a myriad of hall of famers and another HOF QB, and a pretty much inexhaustable list of solid players

Then you look at Florida, bust after bust after bust after bust. Tebow is going to be Danny Weurffle/Rex Grossman part deux.

Your logic is faulty you're trying to say that because there have been players selected in late rounds who succeeded, Tebow (who will likely go in the 1st or 2nd) will succeed?

The knocks on the QB's you mentioned were physical (except Staubach) my grudge against Tebow is that he can't play in an NFL style offense, and his success is due to the fact that he's basically playing a different game.

Stop with the Tebow love. Tebow is a guy who has a lot of scouts who feel that he is not a pro QB the guys leadership and character mean nothing. Winning leads to leadership period. Do you think that Tebow can come in and yell at a guy like Lynch or TO. TO would look at a guy like Tebow and say who the !@#$ are you I turned in an MVP like performance in the Super Bowl coming off a broken leg who cares what you did in the BCS title game.

Look at Eli Manning people in New York were calling him Sheli Manning than he won the Super Bowl and than overnight he is the Man a guy who is cool calm and collected under pressure. Winning equates to leadership in the NFL. No one cares what you did while you were in college so Tebow and his "Leadership" won't translate to the NFL.

The only guys who love Tebow are usually the ones who have a connection to him. Either local media, alumni, or beat writers who have a close connection to him. People who take an objective look at him say he just doesn't have first round talent. And unless his new throwing motion changes their minds I don't see the objective scouts changing their minds about him.

Lets examine a few of those players you mentioned, the QB's specifically since we're comparing them to Tebow.

Joe Montana- Notre Dame, long long history of great NFL players, pro style offense, multiple HOF QB's, tons of HOF'ers and tons of solid players

Tom Brady- Michigan, long long history of great NFL players, not so much QB's but still there have been a few to have long careers in the NFL such as Brian Griese and Todd Collins

John Unitas-anomoly

Roger Staubach- was drafted so late because he was in the Navy and was going to Vietnam

Bart Starr- played for Alabama another school that has produced a myriad of hall of famers and another HOF QB, and a pretty much inexhaustable list of solid players

Then you look at Florida, bust after bust after bust after bust. Tebow is going to be Danny Weurffle/Rex Grossman part deux.

Your logic is faulty you're trying to say that because there have been players selected in late rounds who succeeded, Tebow (who will likely go in the 1st or 2nd) will succeed?

The knocks on the QB's you mentioned were physical (except Staubach) my grudge against Tebow is that he can't play in an NFL style offense, and his success is due to the fact that he's basically playing a different game.

Your logic is faulty if you think because he went to Florida Tebow will fail. Florida plays against the best competition in the entire country in the SEC. The Flordia Coach is not the same as Florida coaches in the past so what do Tebow and others that have played at Florida under previous Coaches have in common? NOTHING.

Stop with the Tebow love. Tebow is a guy who has a lot of scouts who feel that he is not a pro QB the guys leadership and character mean nothing. Winning leads to leadership period. Do you think that Tebow can come in and yell at a guy like Lynch or TO. TO would look at a guy like Tebow and say who the !@#$ are you I turned in an MVP like performance in the Super Bowl coming off a broken leg who cares what you did in the BCS title game.

Look at Eli Manning people in New York were calling him Sheli Manning than he won the Super Bowl and than overnight he is the Man a guy who is cool calm and collected under pressure. Winning equates to leadership in the NFL. No one cares what you did while you were in college so Tebow and his "Leadership" won't translate to the NFL.

The only guys who love Tebow are usually the ones who have a connection to him. Either local media, alumni, or beat writers who have a close connection to him. People who take an objective look at him say he just doesn't have first round talent. And unless his new throwing motion changes their minds I don't see the objective scouts changing their minds about him.

Yeah seriously, look at what all that "leadership" has done for Matt Leinart and Vince Young, both better college QB's than Tebow.

Hire Turner Gill. He has experience turning around train wrecks. Then let's waste another #1 pick on a QB then bench him when he doesn't make the playoffs in pre-season.

PTR

Don't forget we also need to draft 4-5 corners.

The Bills will be terrible this year and be drafting in the top 8 IMO. Therefore, we can hopefully pick up either:

A- the best DL in the draft

B- the best LT in the draft (if Walker leaves something to be desired)

C- the top QB (if Edwards reminds us of JP Losman at any point during this season)

Candidates include (in order or current preference):

A- Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida, Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska, Greg Hardy, DE, Ole Miss, Gerald McCoy, DT, Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama

B- Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State, + others

C- Not Bradford, he was a compliment to the running game in OK last season and was glorified by an outstanding OL. He will struggle mightily this season. Also avoid Snead, he is another Freeman, aka he sucks.