Now that the Bills are done because of a game in Ohio

Stop with the Tebow love. Tebow is a guy who has a lot of scouts who feel that he is not a pro QB the guys leadership and character mean nothing. Winning leads to leadership period. Do you think that Tebow can come in and yell at a guy like Lynch or TO. TO would look at a guy like Tebow and say who the !@#$ are you I turned in an MVP like performance in the Super Bowl coming off a broken leg who cares what you did in the BCS title game.

Look at Eli Manning people in New York were calling him Sheli Manning than he won the Super Bowl and than overnight he is the Man a guy who is cool calm and collected under pressure. Winning equates to leadership in the NFL. No one cares what you did while you were in college so Tebow and his "Leadership" won't translate to the NFL.

The only guys who love Tebow are usually the ones who have a connection to him. Either local media, alumni, or beat writers who have a close connection to him. People who take an objective look at him say he just doesn't have first round talent. And unless his new throwing motion changes their minds I don't see the objective scouts changing their minds about him.

I never suggested Tebow would be playing at the QB position. I don't see that. But he is a unique athlete in his ability to take hits and run well with the football, and he has a solid arm to boot. A much better throwing arm than any other "wildcat" type back, with the ability to run well. He therefore is much more valuable than either Colt McCoy or Sam Bradford. None of them will excel at the NFL IMO at QB - Tebow simply has the ability to make contributions elsewhere.

If you think that the Tebow love is just the result of biased journalism, then I can conclude with virtual certainty that you have never seen him play. Your ignorance is mind-boggling.

Just a side note: I am a Georgia Bulldogs fan, and thus if it would only make sense for me to be biased against Tim Tebow. But I've seen him play many games and I know what he is about.

Oh, I have a feeling that will be a lot of people who COULD quote you on this for the rest of your life, but won't. A lot of people would have dumped on college players like:

• Joe Montana (3rd round)
  • Tom Brady (6th round)
  • John Unitas (9th round)
  • Mike Webster (5th round)
  • John Stallworth (4th round)
  • Roger Staubach (10th round)
  • Bart Starr (17th round)

I doubt that very many people took the time to go back and tell off the spoonhead who said, "Bart Starr is gonna be an NFL bust". They were too busy watching NFL history being made. Even if Tebow doesn't live up to the hype, and I think he will, he brings an attitude that a lot of teams in general and the Bills in particular, could sorely use. He's won at every level and the team that drafts him is going to get an exceptional person and athlete.

So I promise not to say, "I told you so".

That's noble of you, DrFishFinder. I, on the other hand, shall return frequently to bask in my I-told-you-so-ness. :thumbsup:

I never suggested Tebow would be playing at the QB position. I don't see that. But he is a unique athlete in his ability to take hits and run well with the football, and he has a solid arm to boot. A much better throwing arm than any other "wildcat" type back, with the ability to run well. He therefore is much more valuable than either Colt McCoy or Sam Bradford. None of them will excel at the NFL IMO at QB - Tebow simply has the ability to make contributions elsewhere.

If you think that the Tebow love is just the result of biased journalism, then I can conclude with virtual certainty that you have never seen him play. Your ignorance is mind-boggling.

Just a side note: I am a Georgia Bulldogs fan, and thus if it would only make sense for me to be biased against Tim Tebow. But I've seen him play many games and I know what he is about.

If you draft a guy in the top 10 at the QB position he better be a guy who takes almost every snap. To draft a wildcat guy in the first 12 picks to me doesn't make sense. If the Bills were to draft Tebow (In the first round if they had a top 12 pick) he is going to be an every down kind of QB.

To me Tebow could be a good NFL QB but not in the traditional sense. If you draft him in the early second or bottom half of the first round you need to let him ride the pine and play only as a wildcat guy. Let Tebow sit for 3-4 seasons much like Aaron Rodgers or Tony Romo. Than after a few seasons you could let him start.

To me if the argument is if McCoy and Bradford are busts (Hypothetically speaking) than you should just draft Tebow and at least you get a wildcat QB who you can use in trick plays and than maybe down the road you can convert him to real QB. If thats not your logic please correct me.

My argument is why not just draft a LT or front seven player instead of drafting a specialty player. My argument is that Tebow is a great college athlete but people might be sorta wishing that he is a good pro and ignoring the signs of his not possibly making the conversion due to the fact that they like the guy or they have some sort of benefit to all his winning.

Since the Buffalo Bills fate has been sealed due to a huge exhibition game loss in August, and since our defense is clearly the worst in the NFL and Trent is a colossal bust, and also factor in that we will need a good coach, let's start analyzing who will take the reigns of the Bills come 2010 under center and as the Head Coach.....

Sam Bradford? maybe sway Stoops?

Thoughts?

couldnt agree with you more. what a bunch of total morons around here with absolutely no football knowledge. it really bums me out i gave our fans more credit.

to make assumptions after 1 series or in the defenses case a couple of series is plain and simple assine.

couldnt agree more, at least he gets fired up and emotional !

His teams never do well in the playoffs but his teams are always really good consitantly in the playoffs and winning division titles. Marty builds up teams really well but he for whatever reason he just can't win in the playoffs. But I think we need to just get to the dance first. Plus to Marty won't command too high a salary.

What you fail to realize, due to your limited reading comprehension abilities, is that I'm not stating Tebow is unique due to the offense he ran or the conference he plays in. His skill set is unique, in that he has a fantastic arm, but the size and durability to be a hard-nosed ball carrier as well. He has the stature to run the football in the NFL and still take hits, plus the ability to throw the ball effectively. I never suggested he would revolutionize the game playing the QB position, in fact, I think it was implied that I was referring to a wild-cat type of position.

If that's what you were "implying", then do not blame my "limited reading comprehension abilities" when the problem is actually your poor writing skills.

Feel free to point out in your post where you "implied" Tebow should be used in a "Wild cat".

I also stated that Sam Bradford was grossly overrated due to playing in a weak defensive conference, which inflates his stats. It has nothing to do with running a spread offense. I said he will be another spread offense QB that will fail in the NFL, as would Tebow, if he was a pure QB. I think Tebow could be an effective back-up, but I don't see him ever being a legit starter without and entirely new offensive system designed around his skill set. I said to draft him ahead of Bradford because he has more value, which he does, due to his versatility and unusual size and passing ability. Learn how to read and then comprehend before making posts, please.

As soon as you learn how to write, it will not be a problem.

Also, last year, what you saw was a system mired by inadequate talent. It is unfair and inaccurate to speculate as to how effective the scheme is when you have inferior personal versus virtually every defense that you played. To win 7 games simply indicates that SOMETHING allowed the Bills to perform beyond their level of talent...you call it what you want, I call it good coaching.

The Bills had the second, let me repeat that ... SECOND easiest schedule in the NFL last year.

I'm sorry, but I'll disagree that "talent" was the main problem last year. The biggest problem last year was coaching.

And for the record, I don't really care about your invalidated opinions regarding how long it takes to implement a system.

Fine. You can believe what you want regarding system implementation. I choose to believe people like Brian Urlacher.

But then again, you are the person who believes Tebow would "revolutionize" the game running a Wild cat type offense at the NFL level. Apparently you did not get the memo. The Wild Cat is nothing more than the single wing option offense, which has been around for decades. What's next? Using the Veer and the Wishbone?

[*]Roger Staubach (10th round)

If Roger Staubach had gone to a regular college instead of the Naval Academy and had the same college career he probably would have been a first round pick. No one picked him early because he was going to honor his commitment to 4 years in the Navy and no one thought he'd still be able to play after 4 years. Boy, were they wrong. :thumbsup:

His teams never do well in the playoffs but his teams are always really good consitantly in the playoffs and winning division titles. Marty builds up teams really well but he for whatever reason he just can't win in the playoffs. But I think we need to just get to the dance first. Plus to Marty won't command too high a salary.

This is a little misleading. He had Cleveland in the AFC Championship 2 or 3 times. You gotta win playoff games to get that far. He also won a few in KC I believe. If Ernest Byner doesn't do "the Fumble" going in for the game tying score late, Marty could have a totally different reputation than he does now. I'm sure Marty didn't tell that guy to fumble on the 3.

If we don't have a winning season this year, hire MS fast before someone else does.