Appalled?

All through Ralph's speech I was waiting for the moment when we all knew he'd gone on too long. That was it.

Fortunately the rest of his speech made that moment insignificant. Although I would have loved it if he'd said "by the way, the Bills are never leaving Buffalo...you have my word."

The official transcript says "amazed:"

http://www.profootballhof.com/story/2009/8...ech-transcript/

Everyone there heard 'appalled'. He meant 'amazed' but said 'appalled'. It happens - I say the wrong thing all the time. Unfortunately it happened to Ralph on live national TV

Why are certain people making such a big deal about this. They perseverate about something over and over again. Wow, he said "appalled"....and meant to say something else. Who cares....move on. :thumbsup:

I thought his speech was well done and quite inspiring. Most of his comments, though he did refer to his papers on occasion, were off the cuff. Great job Ralph! :lol:

Why are certain people making such a big deal about this. They perseverate about something over and over again. Wow, he said "appalled"....and meant to say something else. Who cares....move on. :thumbsup:

I thought his speech was well done and quite inspiring. Most of his comments, though he did refer to his papers on occasion, were off the cuff. Great job Ralph! :lol:

i dont see anyone in this thread making a big deal out of it. just an insignificant slip of the tongue. only reason i was glad to see this thread is so i know im not going crazy and actually heard that.

i dont see anyone in this thread making a big deal out of it. just an insignificant slip of the tongue. only reason i was glad to see this thread is so i know im not going crazy and actually heard that.

Agreed, it was insignificant when factoring in his overall speech as a whole.

Guest dog14787

I agree with Steely, he probably meant to say enthralled, but one way or the other its no big deal.

probably, i actually thought "maybe back when he learned the word, it had a different meaning", lol. either way, everyone knew what he meant.

Eventually. I kept waiting to hear what he was pissed about.

But I have to agree with Steely. He probably was trying to say "enthralled", but it got caught up in his 90-year old mouth.