When it's too tough for them

I heard a Rhonde Barber interview the other day. He said Raheem Morris, the Buc HC, showed the team the highlight film of the 90 Bills for inspiration. He said the entire team was inspired by Marv & his "when it's too tough for them it's just right for us" speech. He said the 09 Bucs team plan on taking that attitude into the season with them. It would be nice to see that attitude coming from the 09 Bills Coach instead of "well it's hard you know"

I heard a Rhonde Barber interview the other day. He said Raheem Morris, the Buc HC, showed the team the highlight film of the 90 Bills for inspiration. He said the entire team was inspired by Marv & his "when it's too tough for them it's just right for us" speech. He said the 09 Bucs team plan on taking that attitude into the season with them. It would be nice to see that attitude coming from the 09 Bills Coach instead of "well it's hard you know"

Holy SCHITTT

Everything I have seen or heard from Mr. Morris suggests the Bucs are going to be good this year and going forward.

I saw that the Bears were reviewing the tapes of Jauron's halftime speech during the Cleveland blizzard game for inspiration:

"Well, obviously an interesting day element-wise, gentlemen. I think that when its too tough for them we certainly want to perform well if we can. Remember, guys, we looked good in practice on Friday. I know its inclement weather, and you can't prepare for that. Now, let's get out there for the second half and we'll go from there."

I saw that the Bears were reviewing the tapes of Jauron's halftime speech during the Cleveland blizzard game for inspiration:

"Well, obviously an interesting day element-wise, gentlemen. I think that when its too tough for them we certainly want to perform well if we can. Remember, guys, we looked good in practice on Friday. I know its inclement weather, and you can't prepare for that. Now, let's get out there for the second half and we'll go from there."

That sounds like something the Weather Channel would use for their series on when weather changed history

Wow, do you have DJ down. You're not his speech writer are you?

The Bucs will be horrible this year, and for the foreseeable future.

Don't be so sure about that. Although they let go a number of aged vets, they still have a number of good young vets on the team. Another thing Barber said was that fans would be surprised by how little difference in talent there was between the best & worst teams in the league. He thinks what separates the best from the worst is Coaching & attitude. If that is the case, I would not be surprised to see the Bucs win more games than the Bills in 09.

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

What makes you flaming idiots think that a coach's temperament is the determining factor in his success?

There likely is not a single determining factor.

But if we look at DJs temprement, and his losing record, we can draw inferences.

flaming?

What makes you flaming idiots think that a coach's temperament is the determining factor in his success?

As I posted, Rhonde Barber thinks Coaching & team attitude were the determining factors for team success. If you are calling him a flaming idiot.......................................then I think we all can agree you are one.

Ironically, just last night I was watching the new "History of the Buffalo Bills" dvd that just came out, and Marv Levy attributes the "when its' too tough for them, its' just right for us" quote to Darryl Talley...apparently, before the 1990 AFC Championship game (Bills 51-3 over the Raiders) DT and the rest of the Bills took some inspiration in the fact that the Raiders seemed unsettled about the weather conditions in Buffalo that Sunday...DT asked Marv if he could address the team, and that is where the now famous quote originated, according to Marv.

Ironically, just last night I was watching the new "History of the Buffalo Bills" dvd that just came out, and Marv Levy attributes the "when its' too tough for them, its' just right for us" quote to Darryl Talley...apparently, before the 1990 AFC Championship game (Bills 51-3 over the Raiders) DT and the rest of the Bills took some inspiration in the fact that the Raiders seemed unsettled about the weather conditions in Buffalo that Sunday...DT asked Marv if he could address the team, and that is where the now famous quote originated, according to Marv.

You should watch Missing Rings, it's gonna be on the NFL network this afternoon. Marv had actually used it once before (he attributed the story to his father's time in WWI), but DT brought it back and it the team's motto in that Raiders game.

You should watch Missing Rings, it's gonna be on the NFL network this afternoon. Marv had actually used it once before (he attributed the story to his father's time in WWI), but DT brought it back and it the team's motto in that Raiders game.

I don't have the NFL Network, but that "Missing Rings: 1990 Buffalo Bills" special is included in the "History Of the Buffalo Bills" set...haven't watched it yet!

It sucks that another team uses Marvisms to get hyped up.

You know if DJ is ill or not up to doing an interview, you could fill in and no one would notice.

Maybe. I'd rather be taking a chance on Morris though than sticking with our status quo. Not up to me though....

Don't be so sure about that. Although they let go a number of aged vets, they still have a number of good young vets on the team. Another thing Barber said was that fans would be surprised by how little difference in talent there was between the best & worst teams in the league. He thinks what separates the best from the worst is Coaching & attitude. If that is the case, I would not be surprised to see the Bucs win more games than the Bills in 09.

Since you two are so enamoured with the Bucs and disenchanted with the Bills, is it too much to hope that you will soon infect a Bucs Board with your presence and enlighten this board by your absence?