Enter The Mind of a Madman

http://georgesodini.com/20090804.htm

May 5, 2009:

To pull the exit plan off, it popped into my mind to just use some booze. I want to do this before I get laid off, for reasons not worth mentioning but don't seem to have the balls. After the gym, I stopped at Shop N Save and got a fifth of vodka and a small bottle of Jack Daniels. I haven't had a drink since September 1, 1988, just over 20 years. It doesn't matter now, I need to use it to take the edge off of carrying out the exit plan. I will be taking some every now and then to get used to it and see if the alcohol effects will embolden me. Weed would be fun to try again. I don't know who has any. Life is over, who cares? I just need to use common sense, can't drink and drive, etc. This idea just hit me at a point in time and I immediately acted on it. Same thing happened when I decided to go back to Pitt full time, first day was Monday, May 8, 1989, and to buy the house that closed on Friday, September 30, 1996, to name two examples I remember so well.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never get fished into crap like this but I just scanned a lot of those entries. He talks about how he hasn't gotten laid in 20 years and that's why he's doing it. If you click the "me" link, you expect to see a fat tub of turd D&D dork (like most people here) but he's a decent looking dude who should not be having trouble getting laid. And he seems to have a decent grip on reality...of course that's not true.

What demons in this guy.

He talks about how he hasn't gotten laid in 20 years and that's why he's doing it. If you click the "me" link, you expect to see a fat tub of turd D&D dork (like most people here) but he's a decent looking dude who should not be having trouble getting laid.

Here's a less flattering picture of Sodini.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/08/05/gym.sh...iary/index.html

Throughout the log, Sodini refers to a shooting that he is planning as an "exit plan."

His first entry is November 5, 2008.

"Planned to do this in the summer but figure to stick around to see the election outcome," it says.

The December 22 entry says: "Time is moving along. Planned to have this done already. I will just keep a running log here as time passes. Many of the young girls here look so beautiful as to not be human, very edible. After joining this gym, started lifting weights and like it."

Two days later came an entry about loneliness.

"Moving into Christmas again. No girlfriend since 1984, last Christmas with Pam was in 1983. Who knows why. I am not ugly or too weird. No sex since July 1990 either (I was 29)."

By December 26, the writer seems to have picked a date. "I will shoot for Tuesday, January 6, 2009, at maybe 8:15. I have list of to-do items to make."

In an entry dated January 5, he laments, "Every evening I am alone, and then go to bed alone. ... Why should I continue another 20+ years alone? I will just work, come home, eat, maybe do something, then go to bed (alone) for the next day of the same thing. This is the Auschwitz Syndrome, to be in serious pain for so long one thinks it is normal. I cannot wait for tomorrow!"

Then he loses his nerve.

"It is 8:45PM," reads an entry dated January 6. "I chickened out! [Expletive] I brought the loaded guns, everything. Hell!"

A May 5 entry outlines a technique.

"To pull the exit plan off, it popped into my mind to just use some booze," the entry reads. "After the gym, I stopped at Shop N Save and got a fifth of vodka and a small bottle of Jack Daniels."

The diary recounts a failure with women and a growing anger.

"There are 30 million desirable women in the US (my estimate) and I cannot find one," a May 18 entry reads. "Not one of them finds me attractive. These problems have gotten worse over a 30-year period. I need to expect nothing from me or other people."

The entry from Monday recounts practice for a shooting.

"I took off today, Monday, and tomorrow to practice my routine and make sure it is well polished. I need to work out every detail, there is only one shot. Also I need to be completely immersed into something before I can be successful."

Here's his entire blog with names etc redacted.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/08/05/sodini.pdf

I'm shocked that nobody he knew accidently stumbled upon it.

That's what's been sticking with me. Nobody cared about this guy. It's like he went through life totally unnoticed. Co-workers, family, friends, no one read his blog. Would have raised a red flag if anyone did.

That's what's been sticking with me. Nobody cared about this guy. It's like he went through life totally unnoticed. Co-workers, family, friends, no one read his blog. Would have raised a red flag if anyone did.

Sending your thoughts out into space doesn't mean anyone will see them. I'm sure people would have read his page if they knew it was there. Do you google all your buddies to see if they have some page where they type out their plans? I don't.

He says his net worth is $250k. Why didn't he just hire hookers if he wanted to get laid so bad?

Maybe he wasn't after just sex. From reading his blog, it seems like he just wanted to fill the void of feeling alone and empty inside. He might have been after more of a relationship and having a woman to come home to at night. Who knows.

Maybe he wasn't after just sex. From reading his blog, it seems like he just wanted to fill the void of feeling alone and empty inside. He might have been after more of a relationship and having a woman to come home to at night. Who knows.

In the era of internet dating, how can one not find a girlfriend?