Bell Starting at RT Tonight

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else really nervous about Bell. Don't get me wrong I like him but it is too much too soon. Are we so desperate that we just want Bell to be what he could be down the road right away. Are we rushing Bell because we are having some remorse about Walker and Butler. Do we feel that Walker is too slow and that Butler might be too injury prone/slow? Is Bell really that much better than Walker or Butler as presently constituted?

Is anyone else really nervous about Bell. Don't get me wrong I like him but it is too much too soon. Are we so desperate that we just want Bell to be what he could be down the road right away. Are we rushing Bell because we are having some remorse about Walker and Butler. Do we feel that Walker is too slow and that Butler might be too injury prone/slow? Is Bell really that much better than Walker or Butler as presently constituted?

We'll find out soon.

A little harsh....Yeah all Bills fans know why he is starting..... But is is exciting to know that his development is coming along!!

his development is coming along? he's a backup tackle subbing for a injured player....

I've been at a few camps, and yes Bell is a good project, but thats it. this guy is NO where ready to play against a lineman even of schobel's caliber on a regular basis. At least Walker and Butler are able to lock up equally guys like schobel and kelsay. But Bell got blown around bye Ellis on one move and got swung under by Denney (i think) on another. He had a hard time locking onto and containing any of the bills' better DEs in 1 on 1 drills (a few times with denney and kelsay). I'm not saying he's bad by any means, or that he was horrible in 11 on 11. He looked very solid and impressive against 2nd string guys, but he is not ready for starting duty, at least from what I could see in a few practices. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but he is very raw still. Butler is certainly better. I'm just confused why Chambers isn't the starting RT tonight. that really shocks me. He is a pretty stable, albeit not a flashy, tackle.

his development is coming along? he's a backup tackle subbing for a injured player....

I've been at a few camps, and yes Bell is a good project, but thats it. this guy is NO where ready to play against a lineman even of schobel's caliber on a regular basis. At least Walker and Butler are able to lock up equally guys like schobel and kelsay. But Bell got blown around bye Ellis on one move and got swung under by Denney (i think) on another. He had a hard time locking onto and containing any of the bills' better DEs in 1 on 1 drills (a few times with denney and kelsay). I'm not saying he's bad by any means, or that he was horrible in 11 on 11. He looked very solid and impressive against 2nd string guys, but he is not ready for starting duty, at least from what I could see in a few practices. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but he is very raw still. Butler is certainly better. I'm just confused why Chambers isn't the starting RT tonight. that really shocks me. He is a pretty stable, albeit not a flashy, tackle.

They could be starting him because, you know, players tend to get better with more practice against more skilled opponents.

I believe they began to start Peters in his 2nd year some point early in the season so why is it too soon for Bell? If he gets out there and handles the RT position well, I believe Butler is destined for the pine. Of course this is only week 2 of TC so we'll see how this pans out. Gooooooooo DB :lol:

If you want to read a thread on tonight's training camp practice, it's here:

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/8/4/9...ing-camp-day-11

That dude seems to like him a lot. :lol:

I believe they began to start Peters in his 2nd year some point early in the season so why is it too soon for Bell? If he gets out there and handles the RT position well, I believe Butler is destined for the pine. Of course this is only week 2 of TC so we'll so how this pans out. Gooooooooo DB :lol:

Link

Peters started 10 games in year two.

I believe they began to start Peters in his 2nd year some point early in the season so why is it too soon for Bell? If he gets out there and handles the RT position well, I believe Butler is destined for the pine. Of course this is only week 2 of TC so we'll so how this pans out. Gooooooooo DB :lol:

Bell is a different player than Peters. Each player is a different situation so just because Peters did it doesn't mean Bell is necessarily ready. I get your point players have to play sometime and the best way to get experience is to play and its not like guys with zero starts haven't come in and played right away and done well (Like Peters did).

I like Butler so I hope he can play RT and Bell can be a LT. Not only does Bell skills fit at LT but Butler is young and plays hard so I don't want him to ride the pine.