so, is marshawn still waiting for a suspension update?

nodnarb

is it over and official, set at 3 games, or are we waiting on and hoping for leniency? If Vick only got 4 games, it's hard for me to imagine Marshawn getting stuck with 3.

I haven't been following the story but I hope it hasn't been finalized...little help?

Nothing official, but there's no rush, since he can practice with the team and play in preseason games.

Maybe if he signs up as another one of Tony Dungy's clients, Goodell will cut him a break? :worthy:

is it over and official, set at 3 games, or are we waiting on and hoping for leniency? If Vick only got 4 games, it's hard for me to imagine Marshawn getting stuck with 3.

I haven't been following the story but I hope it hasn't been finalized...little help?

Haven't you heard? Vick's sentence should be commuted to time served. it does not matter that he could not play because he was behind bars. Somehow participating / organizing a interstate criminal organization is something which should be ignored. Remember Godell is JUDGE AND JURY and is punishing not just on convicted crimes but supposed crimes; in Vick's case he ignores all of the crimes authorities decided not to pursue.

C'mon guys. Haven't people complained and pounded their own gavels enough concerning Vick? If he screws up again he's out of the league, he did a prison term, and was suspended for part of a season before he went to prison. These arguments are played out.

Haven't you heard? Vick's sentence should be commuted to time served. it does not matter that he could not play because he was behind bars. Somehow participating / organizing a interstate criminal organization is something which should be ignored. Remember Godell is JUDGE AND JURY and is punishing not just on convicted crimes but supposed crimes; in Vick's case he ignores all of the crimes authorities decided not to pursue.

The worst part is that Vick was incarcerated for 23 of the 32 games for which he was "suspended," meaning at best he was truly suspended for 9 games (in 2007). The announcement by Goodell was that he could miss another 5 games to start this season, bringing his total for actual games suspended to 14, for his heinous dog activities, lying to Goodell's face in their "sit down," and failing a drug test for marijuana. And Lynch "deserves" 3 games, or even 1 for hitting a pedestrian and having an illegal gun locked in the trunk of his car? Sad, just sad.

Goodell is waiting so see if Lynch can keep himself out of jail before the season starts before making a decision on the suspension.

The best chance Lynch has of getting his suspension reduced is to be traded to a contender or a big market team. Goodell would drop that sucker in no time if Lynch was sent to Dallas, ne*, washington, etc.

Goodell is waiting so see if Lynch can keep himself out of jail before the season starts before making a decision on the suspension.

I'm thinking and hoping this is true too. He may be waiting to see how the behavior of Lynch is going to be so that he can then decide. He might have told Lynch this during their meeting also. We'll see.

I'm thinking and hoping this is true too. He may be waiting to see how the behavior of Lynch is going to be so that he can then decide. He might have told Lynch this during their meeting also. We'll see.

There's no reason why he shouldn't drop it by 2 games. He offered that to Marshall and Johnson.

The worst part is that Vick was incarcerated for 23 of the 32 games for which he was "suspended," meaning at best he was truly suspended for 9 games (in 2007). The announcement by Goodell was that he could miss another 5 games to start this season, bringing his total for actual games suspended to 14, for his heinous dog activities, lying to Goodell's face in their "sit down," and failing a drug test for marijuana. And Lynch "deserves" 3 games, or even 1 for hitting a pedestrian and having an illegal gun locked in the trunk of his car? Sad, just sad.

Agreed.

Marshawn has certainly fukked up his fair share but his actions are pale in comparison to Michael Vick who I would hope is now classified as a dangerous sociopath. I guarantee that Vick has done things even worse than dog fighting.

Sociopaths never change, they just find creative ways to get around authority and to continue their sick existence.

except that Lynch embarrassed Goodell for his leniency for the 1st offense.

not a good idea to piss off the judge

Marshall has continued to beat women after his suspension last year. Shouldn't that embarrass the commish as well? Oh wait, Marshall is a star player in the league on a high visibility team.

Marshall has continued to beat women after his suspension last year. Shouldn't that embarrass the commish as well? Oh wait, Marshall is a star player in the league on a high visibility team.

Denver is not more of a high visible team than Buffalo, at least this year. All spotlights are on the Bills, with T.O. The national media is covering the Bills every single move each and every day. We are playing in the Hall of Fame game, the very first NFL game of the year. We are playing the first week under the lights on Monday Night Football against the returning Tom Brady and the Patriots. Plus, there is no controversial, all-pro, young and fiery QB to cover in Denver anymore.

Denver is not a more visible team than Buffalo is this season, and it's not even close.

Denver is not more of a high visible team than Buffalo, at least this year. All spotlights are on the Bills, with T.O. The national media is covering the Bills every single move each and every day. We are playing in the Hall of Fame game, the very first NFL game of the year. We are playing the first week under the lights on Monday Night Football against the returning Tom Brady and the Patriots. Plus, there is no controversial, all-pro, young and fiery QB to cover in Denver anymore.

Denver is not a more visible team than Buffalo is this season, and it's not even close.

This is a great post. Buffalo is definitely under the hot lights--at least to start the season.

Denver is only a topic of interest becaus of all of the idotic moves they made in the offseason.