Looks like Wanny is going to resign...

Wanny is the fall guy for an enept management team.

109253[/snapback]

Bingo...

I am very hopeful that they have a bug up their butts for Spurrier. I do not want anyone with any credibility, i.e. Charlie Weiss, going down there.

Dave got SCREWED by Ricky.

Imagine going into a season with 90% of your offense on the shoulders of one guy. That guy quits, but not in enough time for you to get a viable replacement (see: anyone but travis minor).

from NFL.com

"In his four seasons, has led the Dolphins to a regular-season record of 41-23 and a pair of playoff appearances."

That's more than i can say for any Bills Coach since Levy.

While I appreciate the fact that the Dolphins are falling apart, I must be the only one disappointed by this news. At least with Wanny in there you knew what you were getting. This is a chance for a new coach to turn the team around next year. I prefer them the way they are right now, thank you.

Dave got SCREWED by Ricky.

Imagine going into a season with 90% of your offense on the shoulders of one guy. That guy quits, but not in enough time for you to get a viable replacement (see: anyone but travis minor).

from NFL.com

"In his four seasons, has led the Dolphins to a regular-season record of 41-23 and a pair of playoff appearances."

That's more than i can say for any Bills Coach since Levy.

109285[/snapback]

Actually, the "Son of Bum" fans will remind you that Wade was really close to that: 29-19 with two playoff appearances (60% wins vs. 65%)...

Wish: Spurrier

Just not Nick Saban, please. Not Belichick's good friend. Let's not turn the AFC East into a ring of Belichick cronies mentally gang banging on the bills and jets.

Nick: Stay in Nawlins.

109412[/snapback]

Saban seems to have lost that "Golden Boy" mentality that he had last year due to LSU having some issues this year.

As for Wanny, although its not entirely his fault because Wicky screwed him (...nah...too easy), his leadership skills always were terrible. I'm surprised they waited this long, I would have booted him after last season.

Dan LeBatard of the Miami Herald kicks Wanny while he's down and out:

It is the unique and singular accomplishment of the 2004 Miami Dolphins to lead the league in both losing and quitting....He is most to blame for this mess. He picked most of the new players who failed. He wasted the good years of the players he inherited from Jimmy Johnson. He never found a quarterback. And now he ends his Dolphins tenure as the single least popular figure in the history of South Florida sports.

He is a good and kind and decent man. And that makes not an ounce of difference in the world where he works. He wasn't hired to be Buddha. He was hired to win meaningful football games, and he did that less successfully than just about any coach the Dolphins have ever had even while he won a bunch of meaningless ones in the regular season.

Miami Herald column