More fun with the Birthers!

And Time's article is a whitewash of his actual paper.

I take it everybody here is talking about a research paper they haven't read? Again? <_<

It comes from this:

http://www.ncpa.org/pdfs/PIIS0140673609601379.pdf

It's a bunch of eight theories, about allocation of very scarce organs and vaccines and how difficult it is in ethics to determine who gets them.

As usual, it's total bullschitt.

Actually, it's pretty interesting stuff. I have no idea what the right answer is, but they are basically arguing that if you only have a few organs to transplant or vaccines to give but a lot of potential receivers, do you do it by 1] treating people equally (by lottery or first come first served), by 2] favoring the worst off (sickest first or youngest first), by 3] maximizing total benefits (by saving the most lives or prognosis of life years), or by 4] promoting and rewarding social usefulness (giving the example of a Seattle dialysis policy which favored parents and churchgoers). They argued the advantages and disadvantages of all of them, how some places use point systems, and then they came up with a theory of their own including a lot of those things as elements.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the first two links that come up are crackpot sites: Freedom Eden, and Lyndon LaRouche.

What, Rense.com was too credible for you? <_<

Speaking of Larouche, the pictures of Obama with a Hitler mustache that the MSM said were from people po'd at the Obama No Care plan wewre from the LaRouchites. If the MSM would actually do any research, they have the La Rouche web site at the bottom.

Also, the guy shown carrying one of them was one of the congressman's people. He was seen later handing out flyers from the congressman with talking points on them.

Speaking of Larouche, the pictures of Obama with a Hitler mustache that the MSM said were from people po'd at the Obama No Care plan wewre from the LaRouchites. If the MSM would actually do any research, they have the La Rouche web site at the bottom.

Also, the guy shown carrying one of them was one of the congressman's people. He was seen later handing out flyers from the congressman with talking points on them.

Link?

It comes from this:

http://www.ncpa.org/pdfs/PIIS0140673609601379.pdf

It's a bunch of eight theories, about allocation of very scarce organs and vaccines and how difficult it is in ethics to determine who gets them.

As usual, it's total bullschitt.

Actually, it's pretty interesting stuff. I have no idea what the right answer is, but they are basically arguing that if you only have a few organs to transplant or vaccines to give but a lot of potential receivers, do you do it by 1] treating people equally (by lottery or first come first served), by 2] favoring the worst off (sickest first or youngest first), by 3] maximizing total benefits (by saving the most lives or prognosis of life years), or by 4] promoting and rewarding social usefulness (giving the example of a Seattle dialysis policy which favored parents and churchgoers). They argued the advantages and disadvantages of all of them, how some places use point systems, and then they came up with a theory of their own including a lot of those things as elements.

Okay, so two of us read it. It certainly wasn't a bad paper. It definitely wasn't a policy statement, and is being misrepresented all around.

Though on reflection, I certainly don't blame Palin for misinterpreting it. It's a little above her reading level.

Okay, so two of us read it. It certainly wasn't a bad paper. It definitely wasn't a policy statement, and is being misrepresented all around.

Though on reflection, I certainly don't blame Palin for misinterpreting it. It's a little above her reading level.

"The Pet Goat" is above her reading level, not that she has ever read it, or would bother to take the time.

As long as the crucial 3% of the public, and 60% of the military understand what the deal is.....we'll all be just fine.

The rest of you sit back, and have fun doing your Olberman/Maddow impressions. That is, until you crap your pants when reality comes knocking at your door and Fantasy Pundit is the least of your worries.

I always wondered how the Germans got away with it.

As long as the crucial 3% of the public, and 60% of the military understand what the deal is.....we'll all be just fine.

The rest of you sit back, and have fun doing your Olberman/Maddow impressions. That is, until you crap your pants when reality comes knocking at your door and Fantasy Pundit is the least of your worries.

I always wondered how the Germans got away with it.

So you finally read the paper you referenced, thought to yourself, "God, what a total **** I am, I was completely wrong about this again and should know better than to trust or spew the pitiful tripe I read", thought to yourself "How can I get out of this?" and then just decided to spew more doom and gloom nonsense?

So you finally read the paper you referenced, thought to yourself, "God, what a total **** I am, I was completely wrong about this again and should know better than to trust or spew the pitiful tripe I read", thought to yourself "How can I get out of this?" and then just decided to spew more doom and gloom nonsense?

The fact that you can't take the temperature of the current situation just goes to show how chaotic the end game will be. I am not even blaming you for this, as I know plenty of good people who can't do it as well.

There are plenty of quotes and literature on Emanuel out there. Obama has surrounded himself with some sick people. I would let Cheney and Rumsfeld babysit my kids before I'd shake the hands of a few of these clowns Obama has making his policy.

The country is bankrupt. The past 12 months has been a disgrace watching this cash grab. People are waking up though. You won't have to listen to me much longer. The wheels are in motion and a direction is being chosen. I chose my new screen name a while ago because the line that separates good from evil would become clearer for all to see. That line is starting to shine through. While many still don't understand what is taking place around them, soon everyone will have to choose sides. Many will be brainwashed into defending evil, but many will chose it on their own. Watching the reactions in this forum over the past 2 years has been a great learning tool for me, and I thank everyone for leaving little doubt in my mind where this country is headed.

We are just finishing up the preseason and entering the regular season. I am scared to see what the SuperBowl will look like.

The fact that you can't take the temperature of the current situation just goes to show how chaotic the end game will be. I am not even blaming you for this, as I know plenty of good people who can't do it as well.

There are plenty of quotes and literature on Emanuel out there. Obama has surrounded himself with some sick people. I would let Cheney and Rumsfeld babysit my kids before I'd shake the hands of a few of these clowns Obama has making his policy.

The country is bankrupt. The past 12 months has been a disgrace watching this cash grab. People are waking up though. You won't have to listen to me much longer. The wheels are in motion and a direction is being chosen. I chose my new screen name a while ago because the line that separates good from evil would become clearer for all to see. That line is starting to shine through. While many still don't understand what is taking place around them, soon everyone will have to choose sides. Many will be brainwashed into defending evil, but many will chose it on their own. Watching the reactions in this forum over the past 2 years has been a great learning tool for me, and I thank everyone for leaving little doubt in my mind where this country is headed.

We are just finishing up the preseason and entering the regular season. I am scared to see what the SuperBowl will look like.

If I thought the world was about to end, I would want to go big. Maybe see how much coke I could snort in one sitting. Or maybe, do a header off of the Empire State Bldg. Or, sucker punch a Hell's Angel in a biker bar. Just a few ideas for you.

There are plenty of quotes and literature on Emanuel out there.

So you, having read literature provided by Larouche PAC containing snippets of Emanuel's writing out-of-context, are more informed about Emanuel's writings than those of us who've actually read Emanuel's writings?

Have I mentioned recently that you're a lunatic?

I'm not worried. The Superbowl will probably be cancelled because of the banking holiday...

Batschitt Crazy :blink:

No pictures or rhymes?

I've heard that one can get wrapped up in that particular book beyond the point of distractibility.

The pet goat is a fascinating literary figure.

Please....don't judge conservatives on Sarah Palin.....thats like judging liberals on John Kerry